It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Testimony Impeachment Trial - Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham May Be Protecting Themselves.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Monday, 12/16/2019

Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is ignoring President Trump calling for Adam Schiff, the "Whistle Blower" (Eric Ciaramella), and Joe Biden, to give testimony in a Senate Impeachment trial.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is arguing against witnesses giving testimony in the expected impeachment trial of President Donald Trump -- but he had a different view in 1999 when he advocated for a request by Republican House impeachment managers to have witnesses testify in the case against then-President Bill Clinton, a Democrat.

Fast forward to today...The Senate majority leader is pressing for a short trial, and a vote on the articles of impeachment sometime soon after the trial gets underway.
Source: www.cnn.com...

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) chairs the Judiciary Committee, which will administer a Senate Impeachment trial. He too is ignoring calls from President Trump to use this trial as an advantage for Republicans, by exposing wrong-doings of Democrat leaders.

An exasperated Sen. Lindsey Graham promises to quash the impeachment of President Trump as soon as it reaches the Senate — and won’t wait for a trial to decide how he will vote.
Source: nypost.com...

McConnell and Graham say they do not want to "legitimize" the House Impeachment of President Trump by treating it with any seriousness in the Senate.

That is a Bullsh'it excuse, because after the U.S. House impeaches President Trump, all official and historical records will list President Donald J. Trump as being the 4th U.S. President to be impeached.

No amount of ignoring, or pretending, or deflection, by Senator's McConnell or Graham will change this harsh REALITY.

So, why is it that Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham do NOT want to use the Senate Impeachment Trial to EXPOSE Democrat corruption, in addition to acquitting President Trump?

In my opinion, it's because once they start exposing dirt, the "discovery process" will also expose corruption/wrongdoing by many Republicans, including any committed by Senators McConnell and Graham themselves.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ATS?

Is McConnell/Graham's desire for a quick Senate trial, with no witnesses, and an immediate acquittal of President Trump, primarily because they feel the House Impeachment is a farce?

Or, are they really too dumb to realize that the (likely) U.S. House Impeachment of President Donald Trump is legally/historically REAL, no matter how they personally feel about it?

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

All politicians are corrupt.

Many of us know the House proceedings was a farce and many Americans (including myself) want this impeachment sham to be over with ASAP.

Mitch McConnell controls the Senate and can run the Senate trial anyway he pleases.

Screw Schumer and his letter "asking" for the Senate to call specific witnesses. Democrats will call the Senate trial "rigged" no matter how it's run.

Regardless of the outcome, Democrats will find another smear tactic to employ, once Trump wins the 2020 election in a landslide.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

My opinion?

Mitch has made millions and millions of dollars with his ties to China (his wife) and Russia... I'd bet $100 that there is a Ukraine connection there as well.

As for Lindsey?

I was happy that he grew a pair after his besty McCain kicked the bucket, but I've always wondered about his overseas connections as well as his "change of heart" that just put him in a better political light with Trump as President.

That and he was an absolute failure when he had the opportunity to grill Hillary Clinton.

So just my personal opinion, but I think that they are trying to keep the lid on something that if opened and examined will expose them as corrupt actors too.

I smell a rat.

S&F...

edit on 16-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I don't think Democrats will have a House Majority, come 1/1/2021. And the Republican majority in the Senate will increase.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's my opinion as well. Graham said over the weekend that he can hold Biden-Ukraine hearings after President Trump's "trial" is over.

I remember Graham promising to let America know who tipped off CNN that the sensational Roger Stone raid was about to happen.

It's spooky to those of us who don't lie (much), to see Lindsey Graham and James Comey do it so easily...looking so sincere.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Great OP Carewemust.
You may remember I agreed with you in an earlier OP where we both replied regarding your point, OP.
Glad to see you made a post distinguishing the topic.

I think President Trump will just "get out of Dodge", and live to fight another day.
Onto the John Durham indictments.

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, 12/16/2019

Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is ignoring President Trump calling for Adam Schiff, the "Whistle Blower" (Eric Ciaramella), and Joe Biden, to give testimony in a Senate Impeachment trial.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is arguing against witnesses giving testimony in the expected impeachment trial of President Donald Trump -- but he had a different view in 1999 when he advocated for a request by Republican House impeachment managers to have witnesses testify in the case against then-President Bill Clinton, a Democrat.

Fast forward to today...The Senate majority leader is pressing for a short trial, and a vote on the articles of impeachment sometime soon after the trial gets underway.

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) chairs the Judiciary Committee, which will administer a Senate Impeachment trial. He too is ignoring calls from President Trump to use this trial as an advantage for Republicans, by exposing wrong-doings of Democrat leaders.

An exasperated Sen. Lindsey Graham promises to quash the impeachment of President Trump as soon as it reaches the Senate — and won’t wait for a trial to decide how he will vote.

McConnell and Graham say they do not want to "legitimize" the House Impeachment of President Trump by treating it with any seriousness in the Senate.

That is a Bullsh'it excuse, because after the U.S. House impeaches President Trump, all official and historical records will list President Donald J. Trump as being the 4th U.S. President to be impeached.

No amount of ignoring, or pretending, or deflection, by Senator's McConnell or Graham will change this harsh REALITY.

So, why is it that Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham do NOT want to use the Senate Impeachment Trial to EXPOSE Democrat corruption, in addition to acquitting President Trump?

In my opinion, it's because once they start exposing dirt, the "discovery process" will also expose corruption/wrongdoing by many Republicans, including any committed by Senators McConnell and Graham themselves.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ATS?

Is McConnell/Graham's desire for a quick Senate trial, with no witnesses, and an immediate acquittal of President Trump, primarily because they feel the House Impeachment is a farce?

Or, are they really too dumb to realize that the (likely) U.S. House Impeachment of President Donald Trump is legally/historically REAL, no matter how they personally feel about it?

-CareWeMust

edit on 16-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Maybe the idea for a quick quash is to signal to the House that they best knock it off with a mercy killing. Otherwise they will pull out the nukes if they kick it back to the Senate.

It’s a dumb ploy. The Senate would be better off leaving the House as a bloody jagged mess with the implied threat of letting the people decide how best to remove DC corruption by whatever means they choose. The Constitution is vague in that Congress can call forth the militia, it doesn’t specify House or Senate.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That's my opinion as well. Graham said over the weekend that he can hold Biden-Ukraine hearings after President Trump's "trial" is over.

I remember Graham promising to let America know who tipped off CNN that the sensational Roger Stone raid was about to happen.

It's spooky to those of us who don't lie (much), to see Lindsey Graham and James Comey do it so easily...looking so sincere.

You just have to remember what the business model is for a Senator.

They have to pretend to represent their base so they can stay in power.

They have to promise to fix things but can NEVER actually fix things, otherwise they wouldn't be needed anymore.

Then through the power and influence they wield and the insider information they are privy to, they can make their fortune.

They are all lawyers... prostitutes with a piece of paper in a frame on the wall that says they can legally screw people.

They are not on your side.. they are on their side.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Maybe you are right.

Everyone believing the impeachment is on the level are bonifide zombies.

The Durham report is sure to light a fire under house democrats feet. That's why some are beginning to defect

edit on 16-12-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Great point Lumenari, however President Trump has thrown a monkey wrench in this business model.

It may be hard to articulate(it's late) but he is making things better, fixing things.
Your point is well taken but President Trump is clearly challenging that business model with results.

originally posted by: Lumenari

You just have to remember what the business model is for a Senator.

They have to pretend to represent their base so they can stay in power.

They have to promise to fix things but can NEVER actually fix things, otherwise they wouldn't be needed anymore.

Then through the power and influence they wield and the insider information they are privy to, they can make their fortune.

They are all lawyers... prostitutes with a piece of paper in a frame on the wall that says they can legally screw people.

They are not on your side.. they are on their side.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Perhaps when Trump dissed the 'old guard' of the Republican Party as "Republicans In Name Only" (and worse), that there is some resentment from those who have dedicated their lives to the Party and are being treated so poorly.

My guess is that they would welcome someone better aligned to the rest of the Party and less of a 'rogue agent'. Especially if there is legitimacy to the impeachment charges.

edit on 16/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Great OP Carewemust.
You may remember I agreed with you in an earlier OP where we both replied regarding your point, OP.
Glad to see you made a post distinguishing the topic.

I think President Trump will just "get out of Dodge", and live to fight another day.
Onto the John Durham indictments.

Monday, 12/16/2019

WHAT DO YOU THINK ATS?

-CareWeMust

Trump's matured into the office quite a bit, then. No way he'd let someone like Schiff screw him over, back when he was a business tycoon.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps when Trump dissed the 'old guard' of the Republican Party as Republican In Name Only, that there is some resentment from those who have dedicated their lives to the Party and are being treated so.

My guess is that they would welcome someone better aligned to the Party. Especially if there is legitimacy to the impeachment charges.

Perhaps the problem is that Trump is acting like a centrist conservative.

The "old guard" of our Republican party is pretty much all Progressives at this point.

So of course they would be unhappy if Trump upset the "two sides of the same coin" applecart they've had going on for the last 40 years.

Which is why America voted him into office.

People were tired of the establishment.

So they hired someone to shake that up.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Maybe the idea for a quick quash is to signal to the House that they best knock it off with a mercy killing. Otherwise they will pull out the nukes if they kick it back to the Senate.

IMO, the House members who fear being exposed, feel less apprehensive now that McConnell/Graham have assured them that their past corrupt deeds will stay safely buried.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
True. Good point, maybe the zombies stay put and the few rational thinkers will "GTF" out asap.
I would like to see the vote on Wednesday fail but that is not likely, we'll see.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Maybe you are right.

The Durham report is sure to light a fire under house democrats feet. That's why some are beginning to defect

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What a depressing message..Who is on OUR SIDE?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's never going to get to the Senate. Gowdy eviscerates Shiff here.

dont know why it wont play here.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Exactly.

But there is that trickle of first blood the House Dems drew. That will not go unpunished. Just not at the Senate Impeachment Hearings. But there will be a reciprocity for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Definitely... Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have repeatedly said this Fall that there are several Republicans who would love to be able to legitimately vote to impeach President Trump. They were hoping Mueller or Pelosi/Schiff would have turned up something.

I hope President Trump doesn't "give in" to McConnell/Graham without getting nothing in return. Like a written guarantee that Biden-DNC-Hillary 2016 corruption will be investigated with public hearings, just like the Senate loves to do with Twitter, Facebook, Google execs.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
True. Good point, maybe the zombies stay put and the few rational thinkers will "GTF" out asap.
I would like to see the vote on Wednesday fail but that is not likely, we'll see.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Maybe you are right.

How can there be a vote on Wednesday?

The "Rules Committee" meets Tuesday (tomorrow) to decide, among other things, how many hours of floor debate there will be before the vote.

Prior to the House vote on Bill Clinton, 289 Congressmen gave little speeches on the House floor.

Most House Members have not spoken officially about the Impeachment articles. One would think they'd want to be "on the record' for this historic event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join