It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are Screwed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

I'm pretty sure the CIA has been operating without any real oversight for waaaaaaaaay too long. They should be broken up at minimum.

So, would it be the role of Congress, or the President to do so?

Blame where it is due.

Y'know, that's a good question. How do the people oppose the CIA? I don't have the answers. Not sure what "blame where it is due" means but ok. I guess you are saying the president can disband the CIA?

I don't know how it works. ....so.... Maybe...?

I believe that the Inspector General, the President's Foreign intelligence Advisory Board and the National Security Council, have oversight of the CIA within the DOJ, which is itself part of the Executive Branch.

Although there is legislative branch oversight which has the Congressional power to investigate, report and allocate budget.

And, then there is always the FISC/FISA courts under the Foreign Surveillance Act which gives search and seizure approval power to the Judiciary.

The real oversight is still in the lap of the President (swamp still not drained).

edit on 16/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I read some things Schumer said today and the hypocrisy from these people is absolutely bat snip crazy. Everything he's saying the Dems have been abusing ten fold. These people are not to be trusted, even the slightest. Morals and ethics have been thrown out the window, honesty and integrity no longer have meaning to them.

Remarks like the ones below make me wonder if we're on the same planet as these people. Are they this detached and oblivious as to what they say and do? Seriously WTF?

"Fair trial"
"not in a circus style way"
"not in a rushed way"

How can anyone take these people serious?

"What I want is a fair trial. I hope Mitch McConnell, I expect Mitch McConnell, will help us create that. If he doesn't, we'll have to see where to go from there."

"I expect some of my Republican colleagues, when they see this letter, will say, that's fair. They don't want to be a part of a cover-up," Schumer said. "You know, people have to believe this government's on the level. We have an obligation to the American people that they believe that this has been done in a fair way, not in a rushed way, not in a circus style way, and not in a dilatory way, but a fair way.

The most dangerous liars are those who think they're telling the truth

edit on 16-12-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For three years Dems tried to screw Trump whom they dread

But they can’t do it because to DC Trump is a left-hand thread .

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the CIA has been operating without any real oversight for waaaaaaaaay too long. They should be broken up at minimum.

Blame where it is due.

Y'know, that's a good question. How do the people oppose the CIA? I don't have the answers. Not sure what "blame where it is due" means but ok. I guess you are saying the president can disband the CIA?

I believe that the Inspector General, the President's Foreign intelligence Advisory Board and the National Security Council, have oversight of the CIA within the DOJ, which is itself part of the Executive Branch.

Although there is legislative branch oversight which has the Congressional power to investigate, report and allocate budget.

And, then there is always the FISC/FISA courts under the Foreign Surveillance Act which gives search and seizure approval power to the Judiciary.

Maybe so, but clearly there has been abuses of power in these agencies (very, very recently). Do the people really have any power to keep them in check? Do we have the power to hold them accountable? I wish we did. But, let's be honest. We don't.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: MRinder
It just occurred to me that Democrats are screwed. They are down to the bottom of the barrel. They are offering everything for free and even willing to forgive student loans. But they still can't even beat a man with bad hair, who is sometimes rude and obnoxious. They have accused him off everything short of murder and I am sure that's just a matter of time. He has been accused of sleeping with prostitutes, having them pee on a Russian bed, bribery, collusion, on and on.

What could they possibly have left? In 2024 are they going to run on Vote for Us our we will have the CIA execute your whole family?

I'm fairly sure the CIA is under the Executive Branch, so that would have to be an edict from the President.

It's so cute that you think any President has any control over the CIA now.

They haven't even been audited since the mid 1970's.

United States Intelligence Community Oversight
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The process is, in fact, perpetual.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

It just occurred to me that Democrats are screwed. They are down to the bottom of the barrel. They are offering everything for free and even willing to forgive student loans. But they still can't even beat a man with bad hair, who is sometimes rude and obnoxious. They have accused him off everything short of murder and I am sure that's just a matter of time. He has been accused of sleeping with prostitutes, having them pee on a Russian bed, bribery, collusion, on and on.

What could they possibly have left? In 2024 are they going to run on Vote for Us our we will have the CIA execute your whole family?

I'm fairly sure the CIA is under the Executive Branch, so that would have to be an edict from the President.

It's so cute that you think any President has any control over the CIA now.

They haven't even been audited since the mid 1970's.

United States Intelligence Community Oversight
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The process is, in fact, perpetual.

Adorable.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

For three years Dems tried to screw Trump whom they dread

But they can’t do it because to DC Trump is a left-hand thread .

Witty!

Had to star that.

So, are you suggesting that Trump turns to the left?

edit on 16/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
The comments, sanctuary cities, a border-less USA, The Paris accord etc..
We are living in crazy times, thankful that President Trump is here to fight for our way of life.
I haven't even mentioned the cultural changes that are going on thanks to our progressive representatives...I could go on and on and on......

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I read some things Schumer said today and the hypocrisy from these people is absolutely bat snip crazy. Everything he's saying the Dems have been abusing ten fold. These people are not to be trusted, even the slightest. Morals and ethics have been thrown out the window, honesty and integrity no longer have meaning to them.

Remarks like the ones below make me wonder if we're on the same planet as these people. Are they this detached and oblivious as to what they say and do? Seriously WTF?

"Fair trial"
"not in a circus style way"
"not in a rushed way"

How can anyone take these people serious?

"What I want is a fair trial. I hope Mitch McConnell, I expect Mitch McConnell, will help us create that. If he doesn't, we'll have to see where to go from there."

"I expect some of my Republican colleagues, when they see this letter, will say, that's fair. They don't want to be a part of a cover-up," Schumer said. "You know, people have to believe this government's on the level. We have an obligation to the American people that they believe that this has been done in a fair way, not in a rushed way, not in a circus style way, and not in a dilatory way, but a fair way.

The most dangerous liars are those who think they're telling the truth

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That's what usually happens to the low IQ.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
“dEmocrats are screwed”

That’s an understatement

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So are you really trying to tell me that Obama had the CIA spy on the Trump campaign?

The Trump campaign wasn't run out of Trump Tower, which is where the wiretap happened (if I recall).

But my guess is that even if the request didn't come from Obama, he would be responsible for the actions of an agency under his purview.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Quite the opposite.

Have you ever tried to secure something with a left hand thread ?

You spend the majority of your time getting mad because you can’t make it work .

By the time you figure it out you’ve usually double threaded the bold, nut , screw or both

Then when you finally succeed instead of thinking of it as a victory.

You realize you look like a fool to anyone that was watching .

The moral is unless you know your opponent be it fastener or Trump

Win or lose a left hand thread is almost always going to piss you off .

There’s also the gratification of watching a left turn to the right for three years .

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I honestly thought I was the only one who understood that at first. Lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Blame where it is due.

Maybe so, but clearly there has been abuses of power in these agencies (very, very recently). Do the people really have any power to keep them in check? Do we have the power to hold them accountable? I wish we did. But, let's be honest. We don't.

There have been abuses, there always are no matter how good the oversight is. The stakes are incredibly high and the punishments punitive.

But I do think that everyone is making as fair a go of it as they can. If you give one power over another, it just opens up a different group to corruption. At least a balance of power moderates the corruption. Loose that and it is a free for all.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Quite the opposite.

Have you ever tried to secure something with a left hand thread ?

You spend the majority of your time getting mad because you can’t make it work .

By the time you figure it out you’ve usually double threaded the bold, nut , screw or both

Then when you finally succeed instead of thinking of it as a victory.

You realize you look like a fool to anyone that was watching .

The moral is unless you know your opponent be it fastener or Trump

Win or lose a left hand thread is almost always going to piss you off .

There’s also the gratification of watching a left turn to the right for three years .

I've never really had nut problems.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I wasn’t sure if anyone would catch it in it’s entirety .

It makes me smile when someone reaches for the end . 👍

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I busted a few but didn’t mind .

past the graveyard

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Democrats are not a political party they are an anti trump party
They can’t win based on hating trump

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Democrats are not a political party they are an anti trump party
They can’t win based on hating trump

They can’t win based on ANY of their hateful, divisive, economy-destroying, anti-American policies.

“Hating Trump” is literally the ONE thing that their disgusting support base applauds them for. All six or seven of them.

And they most definitely can’t win on that one. Because unlike their DWINDLING little support base, MOST of America do NOT hate the President.

I’m predicting that the dEmocrat party will come in a distant third place this time around. They don’t stand a chance in hell.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Unless a russian troll posts an anti Trump meme to ‘influence the election’

Then, apparently, EVERYONE will change their minds and vote against him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join