It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Woke Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You heard it right Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action.
Seeing how these 400 woke Scientists who are endorseing mass civil disobedience to force climate action, they should practice what they are preaching.
You can be sure somewhere along the line these 400 scientists also endorse carbon taxes. What they are using and doing is pushing not only propaganda but fear mongering. No different from dooms naysayers.
Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action

Almost 400 scientists have endorsed a civil disobedience campaign aimed at forcing governments to take rapid action to tackle climate change, warning that failure could inflict “incalculable human suffering.”

“We believe that the continued governmental inaction over the climate and ecological crisis now justifies peaceful and non-violent protest and direct action, even if this goes beyond the bounds of the current law,” said Emily Grossman, a science broadcaster with a PhD in molecular biology. She read the declaration on behalf of the group.

“The urgency of the crisis is now so great that many scientists feel, as humans, that we now have a moral duty to take radical action,” Grossman told Reuters. Other signatories included several scientists who contributed to the U.N.-backed Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which has produced a series of reports underscoring the urgency of dramatic cuts in carbon emissions.

edit on 16-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
LOL, so a carbon market transferring wealth to countries who missed the industrial revolution is the answer.
A market that would ensure the countries compensated would never enter the industrialized world, ensuring their populations to servitude and corruption, and do nothing to lower the global carbon emissions.
so laughable.
Great points Chef.

originally posted by: ChefFox
You heard it right Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action.
Seeing how these 400 woke Scientists who are endorseing mass civil disobedience to force climate action, they should practice what they are preaching.
You can be sure somewhere along the line these 400 scientists also endorse carbon taxes. What they are using and doing is pushing not only praganda but fear mongering. No different from dooms naysayers.
Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action

Almost 400 scientists have endorsed a civil disobedience campaign aimed at forcing governments to take rapid action to tackle climate change, warning that failure could inflict “incalculable human suffering.”

“We believe that the continued governmental inaction over the climate and ecological crisis now justifies peaceful and non-violent protest and direct action, even if this goes beyond the bounds of the current law,” said Emily Grossman, a science broadcaster with a PhD in molecular biology. She read the declaration on behalf of the group.

“The urgency of the crisis is now so great that many scientists feel, as humans, that we now have a moral duty to take radical action,” Grossman told Reuters. Other signatories included several scientists who contributed to the U.N.-backed Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which has produced a series of reports underscoring the urgency of dramatic cuts in carbon emissions.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

400 Woke Scientists endorse mass civil disobedience to force climate action

They made a mistake and vested all their 401k in "carbon credits"

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

These climate-activists are getting desperate because no one is swallowing their bull any more.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Op fails to include in the opening comments this part of the declaration

now justifies peaceful and non-violent protest and direct action, even if this goes beyond the bounds of the current law,”

This was however quoted in one of the quotes offered by OP and is again, repeated a number of times in the full article.
The endorsement of peaceful demonstration that could go beyond ''current law'' appears from the article to reference mass peaceful demonstration that results in arrests with the demonstrators going to jail. Example recent mass arrests in regards demonstrations by a resistance group calling itself, ''Extinction Rebellion''

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just because they have four hundred scientists that say that there should be mass chaos does not mean those four hundred scientists are sane. Think about this, genius is just across the threshhold from crazy.

I do believe we must be better environmental stewards, but focusing only on Carbon is insane. We must go to a much more natural lifestyle and quit making things that don't last many years and people need to quit buying things they do not need or flying all over the globe or traveling all over the country for vacations. I know lots of people who fly all over, those same people are complaining that others are ruining the environment. They buy all sorts of things on the internet, way more than they need, and the environmental impact of their own actions they ignore.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You lost me at "justifies peaceful and non-violent protest"
LOL...I don't even know what you meant to say but it made me laugh...thanks for that.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Op fails to include in the opening comments this part of the declaration

now justifies peaceful and non-violent protest and direct action, even if this goes beyond the bounds of the current law,”

This was however quoted in one of the quotes offered by OP and is again, repeated a number of times in the full article.
The endorsement of peaceful demonstration that could go beyond ''current law'' appears from the article to reference mass peaceful demonstration that results in arrests with the demonstrators going to jail. Example recent mass arrests in regards demonstrations by a resistance group calling itself, ''Extinction Rebellion''

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

What I mean? I was quoting the quote our OP offered.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I wasn't being disrespectful at all, I just find the whole topic funny and your quotation in your reply made me laugh.. it wasn't you, it's the topic.... the math doesn't work and we have seen decades with these dire predictions amounting to nothing.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

What I mean? I was quoting the quote our OP offered.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The Earth is quickly cooling due to a Grand Solar Minimum beginning right now. Many areas of the world will soon be unfarmable , and uninhabitable. We will be seeing more evidence during the next 1-5 years. Everyone in here will be greatly affected. Food prices will go through the roof.

Want to know a good place to invest your 401K dollars?
Tar and feathers

www.youtube.com...

My dad is a 93 year old scientist with more then half a dozen degrees, and 5 colleges under his belt, including Stanford. He has even been summoned to the White house some years back.
He taught me about climate change when I was a kid before most anyone knew what it was. He said those scientists are either confused or are being intentionally untruthful.
edit on 16-12-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thank you fringy. I was making an attempt to clarify the stated intent of the group of scientists. From what I read, their intent was not to support rioting and destruction and other violent forms of rebellion, but rather to endorse peaceful expression of grievances which could result in incarceration of those involved.

Myself, I endorse this form of social protest. HOWEVER, whether or not this is even possible on a 'mass'' level is arguable. I doubt it is in more than just a few cases.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The climate change theater is really getting old. They're starting to sound like Bible doomsday preachers.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I see, it is the emergency meeting of the mad scientists. Which one is going to build the giant space mirror?

Why do they always concentrate on one small part rather than reducing all pollution in general. That would be useful if it affects the climate or not.

Climate change? It is called weather.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

you've made a real valiant attempt to be clear and communicative here and it is appreciated.

unfortunately, no one on this site wants anything approaching a rational conversation.
I can only assume that deep down they're so terrified of the consequences of accepting reality that they can only treat any and all conversation about it with scorn. I've seen fear like that before.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Climate Change Hoax in a 10 min Nutshell.

twitter.com...

I believe he's running for Senate in 2020.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

400?

400 is all they could find who would sell their soul for thirty pieces of silver.

How many scientists are there in the world? They could only find 400.

I was taught back in nineteen hundred and seventy five that the planet is heading for a time when the ice shall return.

I have not heard anything of value that would alter that view after all of the 45 years since then.

This graph was made before Al Gore and his minions started to alter the base data collected by organisations.

Where are we now on that graph and where do we go next?

Lol the 400 wacky ones.

P

edit on 16/12/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

you've made a real valiant attempt to be clear and communicative here and it is appreciated.

unfortunately, no one on this site wants anything approaching a rational conversation.
I can only assume that deep down they're so terrified of the consequences of accepting reality that they can only treat any and all conversation about it with scorn. I've seen fear like that before.

The only thing I am close to “terrified” of is that some bureaucrat in Brussels will be raiding my wallet and having me eating soy burgers or insect protein.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lets hope they seriously punish those people in places like Finland, New Zealand and Hawaii.

How DARE they have Volcanoes in their midst!!! Causing all that pollution and killing us all.

I'll lose my childhood over that!!!

Wont we Greta..........

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The Earth is quickly cooling due to a Grand Solar Minimum beginning right now. Many areas of the world will soon be unfarmable , and uninhabitable. We will be seeing more evidence during the next 1-5 years. Everyone in here will be greatly affected. Food prices will go through the roof.

Y0u're my new weather bunny I'm in s0 ca right n0w c0Id and windy
and I was aIready think'n it and then y0u started writing it and then I
read it and n0w y0u're my new weather bunny

And my key b0ard is jacked up
edit on 17-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: continuousThunder

The only thing I am close to “terrified” of is that some bureaucrat in Brussels will be raiding my wallet and having me eating soy burgers or insect protein.

So you have a phobia, an irrational fear that is all but in your mind, colour me shocked ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join