It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifty Million Pounds Worth of Jewellery Stolen From F1 Heiress.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I read every post on the site and then pass judgement.

I had a little snark in my post because every conservative here says stuff like that all the time, I agree there's major wealth disparity, so perhaps my attempt of humour was a lame, and remember I'm watching your every post.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Considering how much it cost 'em to steal it?? Still a fairly good return on the investment...

Still...

Having had my apt. broken into years ago...and a car, as well. I can quite understand the "shaken" aspect and can sympathize more than a little. It's a violation that doesn't go away overnight.

Nearly 100 million in jewelry. Don't care how wealthy you are, that's gotta sting...more than a little.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Professionals who know what they're doing, can pilfer a lot in a little.

This wasn't some junky looking for a quick buck for a quick fix. In all likelihood, barring the insurance scam angle being true, this was totally professional. In. Out. On a clock. They studied the lay out, and planned for a time when they weren't home.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

the black market in art and jewelry is, as I understand it, very lucrative.

These folks don't go to the local pawn shop. They either have a trusted fence, or have a buyer already set.

At these levels of theft, there are no innocents. They, the buyer along with the thieves, know exactly what's going on.

An article from 2012

A bit dated, but probably still fairly accurate.
edit on 12/24/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: vonclod

Considering how much it cost 'em to steal it?? Still a fairly good return on the investment...

Still...

Having had my apt. broken into years ago...and a car, as well. I can quite understand the "shaken" aspect and can sympathize more than a little. It's a violation that doesn't go away overnight.

Nearly 100 million in jewelry. Don't care how wealthy you are, that's gotta sting...more than a little.

Oh, I'm sure it does sting, and it is unsettling to have had strangers/thieves rummaging through ones abode, it's happened to me as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was looking at it more from the safe cracking side.

I helped a kid when he got out of prison for cracking safes .

I had 1000 questions for him. Lol

Safes are rated by the net time it takes to compromise their integrity. Net time refers to the tool touching the safe. The minute it comes off the timer stops.

B and C rated safes are 30 minutes or under . He told me he’d flip them over on the back where they are at their weakest. He’d use a pick ax and a spud bar and have it open in short order. Some could even be pried open with a chisel and a hammer from the front.

TL safes are rated at 30 minutes and 60 minutes. The engineers test them with acetylene torches , Plasma torches along with drills, Diamond and carbide bits and just about anything else you could imagine.

With the money and what they’re protecting. Not to mention without a doubt they have a security consultant.

They’re going to have at least TL 30s and probably a custom job that is stronger.

The report was that the thieves got in and out in 50 minutes. While breaking into three at least 30 minute rated safes. Which by the way would make a #load of noise or a lot of smoke.

Like I said I just can’t buy it.

If the safes were all broken into .( which sounds likely )

They had to have more time and because of the noise or smoke. The staff/security personnel must have been kept away from those bedrooms or a certain amount of time .

They said it earlier in this thread. It sounds like an inside job .

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Stuff like that is generally stollen to order, or be broken down.

They will most lightly have had a plan to get rid of the stuff before the plan to turn the place over.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I read every post on the site and then pass judgement.

I had a little snark in my post because every conservative here says stuff like that all the time, I agree there's major wealth disparity, so perhaps my attempt of humour was a lame, and remember I'm watching your every post.

Wow you must have loads of time on your hands to read so many posts. I am in the UK and the Conservative party here is different to the USA. I, however, am a Nationalist and for many years would like to see Scotland have its independence. No political system works well, there is always at least one group of people getting left out/excluded. We need a more balanced system, one that helps those struggling whilst allowing the ambitious to grow. We could start with getting rid of the corruption and greed at the top within the politicians and have true representatives of the people. Dream on, I know, but we have to have hope.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join