It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Jesus Christ Rant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
If Jesus was a real person, we have no way of knowing that he didn't have the big gay. He would most certainly have been accepting to teh gheys.

Jesus was the most understanding, forgiving person on the planet.

So if you were of the gay, he'd be chill.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If Jesus was a real person, we have no way of knowing that he didn't have the big gay. He would most certainly have been accepting to teh gheys.

Actually we do ... Jesus was a Jew.. Jews taught having sexual relationships or encounters with the same sex was against the will of God and therefore considered to be sin. Jesus loved all sinners and was born to die for all sins of mankind, but he never condoned the sin of homosexuality.

Keep in mind there is also far more to a person than just their sexual preferences and I do believe Jesus sees the heart of a person and weighs it much more carefully than some sexual encounters.

So I would surmise to say that because Jesus became a rabbi ( teacher ) in a faith that preached against homosexuality, it would be safe to say he wasn’t gay.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
The OT and NT explicitly says homosexuality is a sin.

Not so much in the new testament. Even so, his entire story revolves around we being forgiven for our sins. The gay is no more harmful to anything than any other victimless sin.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Damn, my link is broken. Here's the video, this thing is funny:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Jesus was not the only person who was crucified that way, they crucified many people. He did not suffer more than the others who were crucified.

I do believe that Jesus would have been a messiah, but I am not convinced he was a direct son of god. When I read the bible I see that he says god is his father, but god is the father of everything. I will never condemn those who believe he is the son of god though, most Christians are good people till you piss them off and they go on the offense.

Christianity actually made our country a decent place to live. It is falling away in society and crime is increasing a lot. It is not the Christians that are robbing people or doing mass shootings. Of course there could be a few Christians that have gone crazy, but in most part crazy Christians are usually just a pain.

Now how did you manage to marry a decent woman DBCowboy? I suppose I should not say anything, I got a good wife to marry me too.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

But South Park knows how to do it. They make fun of everyone, not just those things it's acceptable to demean, and they take the same tone with all of it.

If more people took their approach, no one would care much about this.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Obviously you're streaming the History Channel or Joel Osteen.

Nice video!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Rabbi is a HUGE stretch, but we'll go with it. In the new testament Jesus is pretty adamant about his dad's heavy handed ruling being null and void. He was human in his time on earth, therefore prone to sin. I'm willing to bet both of my balls that EVERY single man of cloth, of every religion and denomination, has preached against something that they're guilty of. All of them. No exception.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Of course, He came for the sinners to lead them to the path of righteousness. He's very clear about that.

As to not knowing if he "had the gay" as you put it, He was without sin Himself. And it's pretty fruitless to go around saying this or that figure must have been gay because we simply don't know one way or the other. Truth of population studies tells us it's highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The OT and NT explicitly says homosexuality is a sin.

Not so much in the new testament. Even so, his entire story revolves around we being forgiven for our sins. The gay is no more harmful to anything than any other victimless sin.
Paul said it was unnatural and a defilement of the body.It is not a unharmful sin it promotes other to join in on the sin.
edit on 16-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Rabbi is a HUGE stretch, but we'll go with it. In the new testament Jesus is pretty adamant about his dad's heavy handed ruling being null and void. He was human in his time on earth, therefore prone to sin. I'm willing to bet both of my balls that EVERY single man of cloth, of every religion and denomination, has preached against something that they're guilty of. All of them. No exception.
Jests never sinned He was the lamb without sin.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Pretty good

I remember the piss Christ issue a decade or two ago
A crucifix in a bucket of piss
As a Christian, I recon I have pissed on Christ a few times myself, actually seems relevant considering all Christians have done it metaphorically a few times themselves

Ridiculing Jesus, get in line, His followers don’t need any help

thefineartdiner.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I'm willing to bet both of my balls that EVERY single man of cloth, of every religion and denomination, has preached against something that they're guilty of. All of them. No exception.

Wow.. that’s very aggressively judgemental and I would wager my heart and soul against that bet, though I would assuredly be sad for you when you lost your balls.😕

You also have to keep in mind that committing a sin is not the same as condoning it and saying it is alright. Many Christians, not just the priests and pastors have slipped into temptation of one kind or another. They feel badly for these transgressions and sincerely want to do better in the future.

There are also many with transgressions that do not care and are not sorry. Everyone has their day of judgement.

edit on 17-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Yea.. it's silly to get upset about. Don't be like the Islamic nations!

What did jesus suffer and die for anyway? There is still sin and you can still go to heaven or hell (in christianity). Was it original sin? So before jesus everyone just wenf to hell?

Doesn't make any sense to me. I like jesus, but not the part where Christians worship him dying on a cross. A bit sadistic

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That reminds me of the great parable

"give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to use an AR-Sword fish, he'll defeat hordes of zombies"

edit on 17-12-2019 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Obviously you're streaming the History Channel or Joel Osteen.

Nice video!

Actually, it's in Spanish so it was the commie Pope from South America that sent it to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
That reminds me of the great parable

"give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to use and AR-Sword fish, he'll defeat hordes of zombies"

I like that he miracle-d Judas, twice.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How would you like it if I said your father was a podo, and your mother was a whore who takes it up her tail pipe? You know it' not true but I made a movie of it and slander your family, to where everyone believed it.

Please.

I get called a racist-Nazi-fascist just logging into ATS!
There is a special place in hell for these folks who made this movie.

You've already sinned worse than the makers of this movie by passing judgement on them on God's behalf. When did you become his Viceroy on earth and get put in charge of who goes to hell?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Christ is not bound to a single a person, it is a force. It cannot be killed. It certainly transcend any of the childish insults some "artists" make at this Jesus person.

They can laugh at the past, they can even parody it and derive entertainment from it. Let them. It is irrelevant to the wisdom that lives on.

edit on 17-12-2019 by TaninimLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They got the wrong man, it wasn't Jesus it was Brian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join