It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Whines about Her Subsidized Congressional Health Care Gold Plans (All 66 of Them)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey, ATS, were you ready for the latest AOC cringe-fest? I knew you were! Actually, I am only partly posting this because of AOC; she inadvertently brings up something about Obamacare that we peons ought to know.

First let's dispense with the AOC. She's mad because she has choices!

So she has to buy off the exchange and *choose* from 66 *gold* plans! The very horror ... Gosh, how many people stuck with the exchanges would have liked to see a choice of even 2 plans, let alone thinking they could dare to look at the gold plans? Isn't AOC aware there were some places that had no plans on the exchange at all by the end?

She was tone deaf enough enough to Twit this and she's getting it back good and hard. I think this is my favorite:

But the real story is that members of Congress get their plans subsidized.

Perhaps the real story here, though, is that AOC just told us that congresspeople, who start at $175,000 per year, are getting subsidized healthcare plans. The rest of Americans, if they make a combined income of $104,000, do not. This is a scandal. Obamacare, which was billed as the "Affordable Care Act," quickly became unaffordable to anyone who didn't get subsidies.

So a person in Congress makes well above the subsidy threshold, but they get us to pick up their tab for the utter crap they foisted off on us! We all knew it, but AOC just kindly told us.

CNBC reported the actual numbers that members of Congress must pay for their healthcare plans. What you're about to read is going to make you sick. Members of Congress get to choose one of those 66 gold-level plans and receive subsidies for 72% of the cost of the premiums. And the 28% they do have to pay comes out of pre-tax payroll deductions. But that's not all! They can get free care through the Office of the Attending Physician and free outpatient care at military hospitals in Washington D.C., too.

This was never about making care affordable. It was about punishing us into single payer through bankruptcy.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is coming from the same senator who makes above 7,000k salary. And now whines about Congressional Health Care Gold?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

She should move to Illinois, where there are only TWO Gold plans. Both from Blue Cross.

Maybe that might be too hard of a decision for AOC also, LOL.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think the point is that a healthcare plan should be a luxury privilege, not a necessity... Where as basic healthcare cover should be a guaranteed human right, rather than a luxury privilege.

There's lots of things I really respect about America, but your healthcare system is not one.
edit on 16-12-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Healthcare delivery and application is great here. It's all the B.S. surrounding medical care itself that drives individuals and medical providers crazy.

That's why a 20 story building in downtown Chicago is filled with doctors who are "cash only".

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Obamacare was supposed to guarantee everyone coverage, The problem is that just because you are technically covered doesn't mean you can afford to use the plan.

The way most of these plans are structured you pay hundreds in premium every month to access thousands in deductible that you must pay out of pocket for your care first before your policy starts picking up anything for you. So most are simply paying hundreds every month to pay for all their care and drugs out of pocket.

Obamacare forced you into the most expensive catastrophic plans ever. With them, my recent shoulder surgery wouldn't have used up the deductible! People living on catastrophic plans by choice before had cheaper premiums, but were told what they had was inadequate even though it did the same as something punitively expensive.

Actually Obamacare is likely an accurate reflection of how much we'd all be forced to pay for single payer except there they call it taxes except deductible and premium, and those like myself lucky enough to escape the net would be forced into it.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

When I was born, I was given health care. End of.

That's what AOC is trying to tell people, in some nations you just simply being born a natural citizen to two parents who are citizens are issued nearly full health care.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

When I was born, I was given health care. End of.

That's what AOC is trying to tell people, in some nations you just simply being born a natural citizen to two parents who are citizens are issued nearly full health care.

And in some countries like Venezuela that care amounts to a cardboard box or government mandated euthanasia against your parents in a place like the UK even if the parents raise the money to take you elsewhere.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Surprising how she got so spoiled so fast that she has to whine about something like that. The whine sounds more like a brag to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok but the uk and Canada, and basically every developed western nation, but one, it's not like venuezuala.

Whats your point?
edit on 16-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

She worked for it. And shes using subtle sarcasm to point out the obvious.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Obamacare was a failure because he dared to go against the pharma machine.

He tried to implement a system that still catered to the capitalist agenda of medicine in the US.

Its probably one of the reasons trump just somehow 'forgot' to tackle the problem as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Climate change scares are meant to frighten people into accepting higher taxes and more government control.

Obamacare is the same.

As a side note; I went to the Hogwarts School website and downloaded a spell to make stupid people mute but I lost my voice as I was finishing the spell.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Ok but the uk and Canada, and basically every developed western nation, but one, it's not like venuezuala.

Whats your point?

I find it interesting that private care is trying to be expanded in Canada.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Who's going to pay for that guaranteed human right? Somebody else, if not you. It's ok for somebody else to pay but not you.. hmm

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yea. And it's a bad idea. Look at ireland.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Who's going to pay for that guaranteed human right? Somebody else, if not you. It's ok for somebody else to pay but not you.. hmm

Healthcare is not a right.

It is not a right if it compels another to provide it.

It becomes an obligation to those providing and a tax for the rest of us.

edit on 16-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Our way is certainly not working great, but he UK, Canada, and all those others your are referring to have their own issues and most appear to be buckling under the weight of the work load.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

And the US has been too. For a long time now.

It's the most opiate addicted nation on the planet.

Edit: I'll also add, at least we have a working system that can be corrected. It's not perfect, but it's something, itll never work at 100% efficiency, nothing does.
edit on 16-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

She needs a healthcare plan that covers brain transplant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join