It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Siberian Orchestra...WOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
For a former middling heavy metal band, they sure have found a path to success. I've been a few times over the years. Always a great show.

Middling? I agree NOT but the fact remains that the US public never really hooked with Savatage. Truly is a shame but circumstances are what they are with losing Criss Oliva then Jon Oliva leaving soon after. The continuity of the band was lost but they did do some really cool stuff like Chance. I do believe this band was one of the better metal bands of those early years.

I did get to meet Jon Oliva, ca. 1990/91 - my ticket stub is broken and doesn't tell the year - and he was a total dick. Doesn't change my opinion of the music, they rocked.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Oh, don't get me wrong, I thought they were great, and I loved those early albums. Not as much after John Oliva left, but they had a great sound.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

His remarks about the name are probably spot on, looking at what happened. They release Christmas Eve as Savatage and no one knows then release the same damned song as TSO and sell millions.

Go figure.

I might have to pull out Gutter Ballet later. Of Rage and War, GB, When the Crowds are Gone, She's in Love, Thorazine Shuffle - some damned fine songs on that one.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join