It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Democrats Withhold Articles Of Impeachment After Yes Vote From The House?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Trump could always just mass arrest senate dems so there is no quorum if they take over the senate in 2020.

I mean, the sky is the limit on the horsecrap that they can do here.

Or, you know....they could just do their damned jobs. McConnel is sitting on a ton of legislation that needs to be voted on one way or the other.

Im about sick of all of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Sen. Chuck Schumer is already playing this "illegitimate" hand, by releasing a letter that demands Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell allow Democrats to call multiple witnesses at the Senate trial. This is crazy considering how the House investigation attempted to block Republicans from doing anything.

So, what if the Senate ignores the "provisions" that Schumer writes about in his letter, such as calling up Mick Mulvaney and John Bolton, among others, to testify at the Senate impeachment trial? Could the Democrats actually withhold the articles of impeachment?

-snip-

Thoughts?

Let them call whatever witnesses they want.

We call the whistle-leaker, Vindman, the second whistle-leaker, Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi, etc.

Game over.

I agree but it isn't going to happen. Lindsey Graham is using all his clout to stop any witnesses from being called. Why? - well I am pretty sure it is because he has made some money off of Ukraine coruption and wants to shut down any investigation into it.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
I agree but it isn't going to happen. Lindsey Graham is using all his clout to stop any witnesses from being called. Why? - well I am pretty sure it is because he has made some money off of Ukraine coruption and wants to shut down any investigation into it.

I've never trusted him even after his magical 'finding of the nads' during the Kavanaugh hearings (and after McStain died)...

And I don't think he is the only one with something to worry about.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What I would like to see is all the future Democrat prison inmates get subpoenaed and forced to testify at the Senate trial as to what they did. Then. At the end of the session they would be greeted by US Marshals and frogmarched down to the Police Station for a overnight stay and their bail hearings the next day. Even better would be that they would be needed in the Senate the next day and they have to show up in chains and an orange jumpsuit.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: pavil

McConnel should use the House rules, and forget Schumer.

Agree, he should not invite him to hearings and run the proceedings in the basement in secret.
He can give the cherry picked highlights to the Dems.

Funny how the dems didn't have any problem doing just that, but now when the Republicans are going to be in charge the dems want everything their way.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: pavil

McConnel should use the House rules, and forget Schumer.

Agree, he should not invite him to hearings and run the proceedings in the basement in secret.
He can give the cherry picked highlights to the Dems.

You do realize the Dems followed the same rules created by the Republican house and used for the impeachment of Bill Clinton. All the huffing and puffing by the Republicans was for show. What Schumer is asking for is similar to what the Dems did when they controlled the senate during the Clinton impeachment. The impeachment of Clinton for lying was BS and so is the impeachment of Trump if in fact he did not do what he's accused of.

Funny how the dems didn't have any problem doing just that, but now when the Republicans are going to be in charge the dems want everything their way.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You haven't noticed the pattern? They rigged the House impeachment trial so they will accuse the gop and Senate of the same thing regardless.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Graham “pla n to rig the trial.”

the mental midget [ graham ] - is quoted as stating - that he has already decided the outcome of the trail - ie " not guilty "

FFS - justice does not work like that - and he is an idiot

all the republicans had to do is - follow the letter of the law - to " T" - and watch the democrat farce implde

why graham has doe this - eludes me

i thought the democrat " impeachment " was an absurd joke - beyond measure - now graham is trying to top that

why ?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wow.
The best defense lawyers will use any tactic to delay a court trial .
Why ?
The prosecution's case will most times get weaker.
Seems as if the Democratic leadership is going about this bass-ackwards.

They a shootin themselves in the foot again ?
Or a sign they have no case ?

It sure is a good thing they got caught with their foot-in-mouth
BEFORE
They shot themselves in the foot! Again.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join