It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “Hum” around the world explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nice find, Mamaj !

I will have to look into this.

Thanks, the k-dog

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The hum is obviously there because the Earth doesn't know the words.

I live in a noisy city, so I don't get to hear this hum that others hear. Sometimes I hear what I understand to be a sonic resonance from flying aircraft flying over a roughly parabolic area of land (river valley). I think that also has something to do with it. Are many places where they experience this humming located in bowl-shaped areas between mountains? It doesn't take much to get quite a rumble going that way.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately to me this underwater eruption does not explain "the hum" at all. And even that is vague, because strange noises have come in many different forms all over, not just a "hum".

First of all, the underwater eruption and its frequency signature was in the 1 to 7 Hz range, well below the threshold of human hearing, which is 20 Hz at the very lowest.

Articles about this also point out that the signal was exceedingly weak in amplitude, to the point that few people if any ever felt it. One of the reasons it traveled so far was because of the extremely low frequency of the fundamental, and that's what enabled it to be picked up by seismometers all over. But again, it was very weak, requiring these extremely sensitive instruments to pick them up. But very low frequency signals can propagate very far, as we see in earthquakes on the spectros all the time.

Higher frequency signals above 5 Hz get attenuated very quickly, unless they are very powerful, such as in the largest earthquakes.

For all the above reasons, I must dissent from this view proposed in the thread. Sorry.

ETA: Also, anyone that might suggest that these low frequency signals can generate harmonics in the upper frequency registers, and therefore potentially be heard- might try to have a point- and I might agree, but only if the initial signals were much more powerful. But they weren't... so sorry... no there too.
edit on Mon Dec 16th 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: MamaJ

I did a thread on this back in March in which you might be interested:
Mysterious Planetwide Rumble May Have Come From the Largest Underwater Eruption Ever Recorded

I highly doubt that the Planetwide rumble might had came from a underwater Eruption.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Nice find, Mamaj !

I will have to look into this.

Thanks, the k-dog

Hey there it’s been a hot minute glad to see you still on here. I stumbled upon this article and remembered it only made sense it would come from the sea bed or the core. Idk I still ponder 🤔 I thought it was cool to see they were still at it trying to figure it out.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

So this must be real then when it was humming in Canada and US. I wonder about all the sinkholes.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis

originally posted by: doobydoll

I wonder why only some people can hear it and not others. Strange.

If you don't mind me asking, do you practice meditation of any kind?

If so, this could be one cause. The practice of meditation is and can be a practice of tuning your senses. If you know and already have a quiet mind, you are going to be more sensitive to these "earthly" frequencies.

That's my running theory anyways.

Yes I do. Every day.

Interesting that you refer to the hum as 'Earthly frequencies'. I too believe the hum is the sound of our living Earth.

It could even be Universe sending higher frequencies for Earth to respond to in order to help/force her to raise her own vibration in response, and so move up/on to the next spiritual stage. A bit like how tuning-forks will respond to each other : hold two tuning forks - strike only one, let it ring for few seconds then quieten it. You can hear other tuning-fork ringing, even though it hasn't been struck.

Like tuning-forks, Universe is calling, and Earth is responding. Or perhaps it's the other way around, that Earth is calling out to Universe and it's Universe that is responding?

I hope i'm making sense lol.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
dp
edit on 17-12-2019 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll
The sound of earth does equate to all of her bodies which in this instance includes eruptions.

I also meditate and “in tune” with the earth and her inhabitants which is why I like to study the earth and her connection with other bodies in the system which she lives.

The Hum some will say is acoustic which would further explain the HUM and the frequency in which some of the inhabitants are hearing. Not all people on earth hear it. Not all people hear other realms vibration while some do.

All life is energy vibrating at different frequencies so who knows precisely where the Hum is coming from but we can all agree or should be able to agree the solar system as a whole has been going through some changes and these changes lead back to the Sun and where we are traveling in the solar system.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Is this a global phenomenon or localized sound?

I used to have pretty sensitive hearing and I have never heard this hum. Or maybe I have but didn't realize this hum was the supposed 'world hum'.

Hums I have heard have been like power lines vibrating in the wind, like a breath vibrates a reed in a wind instrument. Kind of like how a quiet alley way can become a wailing banshee in the right wind conditions.
Heck even seen, or should I say heard the thin cords on a flag pole make 'hums' in a strong wind and there's even a sculpture about an hour from where I live called the 'singing ship' that hums, moans and vibrates in the wind, a bit like a nature powered pipe organ.

Then you have things like metal pipes and such. Get the right pipe, heat up one end and it'll suck air through it and vibrate/howl as a result.

Thing is any 'odd' environmental noises I've heard I've usually been able to track it back to the cause.

Heck had a weird noise in my house for ages. Sounded like it was coming from the school up the road. Kind of a hum like a generator or something running at a distance from me, I thought it might be a water pump on a large water tank they have over their.

Could of sworn it was external.

Turns out it was the ceiling fan in my bedroom. Just I guess due to the frequency and room acoustics it sounded like it was coming from the school. (I was ready to march up their and tell them to turn off whatever was making the damn noise at night. lol)

Then we have to think about other things, like some people can hear a noise others can't due to the frequency their ears are capable of receiving. This has been used as a weapon of sorts, with shopping malls playing supposedly annoying noises over their PA systems only 'youngsters' can hear, that older people supposedly cannot in an attempt to drive away loitering teens.

Then again maybe that hum is in our heads? I often get high pitch whine in my ears, like the tones they play during a hearing test. They used to occur more frequently as a kid and for longer, but generally only last a few seconds.
I guess that is what is called tinnitus, but it's not a ringing, it's a constant tone.

So yeah if there is a world wide hum, could be numerous reasons as to what it is. Could simply be wind rushing through a forest, or volcanic gases passing through caverns or wind passing through massive power line towers or over various pipes chimneys and smoke stacks on houses and factories.
Could be a combination of many things. Could be them all. Could be local, could be global.

Only thing I am sure of is any hum will have a scientific cause behind it like it simply being the roar of the ocean that covers most of the Earth. Sea's pretty noisy hey if you've ever been to a beach.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Hey TA! I appreciate the insight you offer as always it’s coming from a place of logic.

I think of it as spheres of space, the music Pythagoras spoke about which the humming may come from. For me it’s about harmonics. From where we can only speculate.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
It just sounds too dramatic. Is it even real?

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey, MamaJ !

Just came across a video from San Antonio from Dec 11 2019.

Seems there has been an uptick in the sound again.

edit on 20-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Neither this video or the one I posted even seem legit. Has to be a hoax.

ETA: And then I read this www.earthfiles.com...

edit on 20-12-2019 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join