It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive liberals have a new insult for conservatives: snakes and vermin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: The2Billies

It's not surprising that leftists demonize anyone who doesn't think like them.

They despise critical thinking, individuality, freedom, free expression.

This ^^^ coming from a party that has been taken over by evangelicals who believe that anyone not a Christian will burn in hell with demons, and consistently denies civil rights and liberties to those who do not conform to their narrow minded views of sexuality and marital partnership; a party that believes their rights trump all others while unapologetically denying freedom of expression to those they deem as non-comformist, non-Christian and sexual deviants. Ok bud... keep on driving that crazy train...

Did you miss Omar and Tblaib ?

That's a glaring case of transferrance.

Nah... I think you're smart enough to know that you're full of #...

link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

As if ... if that were truly the case, Trump would not have gotten elected.

link   

You're barking up the wrong tree, puppy.

I'm all for marriage equality for same-sex couples, free expression, free to believe or not believe.

I'm just not for infringements of freedoms and liberties.

I'm not for censorship, banning.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: strongfp

Leftism is the idea that if some people need "X", all people need "X", and it then is the government's job to take "Y" from people who have it so they can give "X" to everyone, including forcing it on those who neither wanted nor needed it.

And then those who now have "X" march around acting super-smug trying to convince those who never needed or wanted "X" that somehow they're better off, including those who used to have "Y", some of whom may actually have needed "Y" and are suffering terribly without it.

Leftism favors the collective over the individual.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's like asking "would you hug me if I was Stalin?". And if so, was it before or after your Gulag experience?

Ok, I'll play along Mr. Presents. Who is the Nazi in this picture then, wouldn't that be the author who had a bunch of rightwingers jump right into their victim cosplay suits over a different term for "the swamp"?

edit on 16-12-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nah... I think you're smart enough to know that you're full of #..

#=Inconveient Truth.

I know thanks for noticing.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

That's like asking "would you hug me if I was Stalin?". And if so, was it before or after your Gulag experience?

Ok, I'll play along Mr. Presents. Who is the Nazi in this picture then, wouldn't that be the author who had a bunch of rightwingers jump right into their victim cosplay suits over a different term for "the swamp"?

What your answer obviously points out is that you would only protect speech you approved of.

You see defending speech as the same as defending ideology.

It's limited, very narrow-minded thinking like this that leads to authoritarian rule and the loss of freedoms.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

How dare you posit that people be allowed to think for themselves. They might form wrong opinions that way instead of the ones they're told to form.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I think you Americans love a game of tit for tat, or he said she said, or just plain old acting like children

I am human scum

Donald Trump calls Adam Schiff and the Democrats 'human scum'

Maybe ALL of America needs to remember you are ALL American

Or accept that name calling is the new level politics has stooped to, such a shame really but as an outsider looking in, neither side can claim any level of superiority or intelligence over the other

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm all for marriage equality for same-sex couples, free expression, free to believe or not believe.

So you're a Liberal posing as a Conservative...?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" - (Book title by Sean Hannity)

Why do they hate conservatives ?
Conservatives have moral values .
The absolute truth.
From a once " Liberal Tree-hugging Hippie"
I remember.
Goth.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Nah... I think you're smart enough to know that you're full of #..

#=Inconveient Truth.

I know thanks for noticing.

Aww that's cute... got anything of substance to say? nope... didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Classical Liberal or libertarian ... today's left stole the term because of the positive connotation, but they're anything but liberal.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

If I did they call it hate speech and try to censor it

Which isn't cute at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

So you're a Liberal posing as a Conservative...?

Classical liberal.

Classical Liberalism
Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties under the rule of law with an emphasis on economic freedom. Closely related to economic liberalism, it developed in the early 19th century, building on ideas from the previous century as a response to urbanisation and to the Industrial Revolution in Europe and the United States. Notable individuals whose ideas contributed to classical liberalism include John Locke, Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Robert Malthus and David Ricardo. It drew on the classical economic ideas espoused by Adam Smith in Book One of The Wealth of Nations and on a belief in natural law, utilitarianism and progress. The term classical liberalism has often been applied in retrospect to distinguish earlier 19th-century liberalism from social liberalism.

-Wiki

edit on 16-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No matter what, you would hug Stalin and defend his err... free speech. Right? Sure. Guess I'm a little little-minded for not buying the bridge you're selling, eh?

I think you might be one of those liars who already started to believe their own lies. Which is probably the reason why you're going full blown Nazi free speech Bonkers over actual compliments from the press.

You guys invent insults faster than anyone could up with them, but yeah. Let's talk about your free speech hypothesis in that context then. And more to the point, how many death-threats did this author receive for offending some idiots with the usage of rather confusing terminology? You've got an educated guesstimate? Shoot!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That wasnt part of her platform...

link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Not sure what you're going on about, but if this is your justification for censorship, I'd rework it.

It sucks.

link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Is this Stalin before or after he has political power? Private citizen Stalin can say the same as you or I even if it sounds like the usual communist/leftist, free stuff for everyone drivel. Stalin didn't start his murderousness until he took actual power and found out that utopias require the murder of millions who refuse to comply.

edit on 16-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no such thing as defined leftism. It's a very broad spectrum.

You just picked and choose what you wanted it to mean.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join