It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Day They Were Created

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Eyestosee
Was the earth created before time was created? How do you feel about the gap theory?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

No my good man I am reasoning on this logically believe me I
appreciate your resolve. But this is by far not my first rodeo.
I have to disagree with you partner (ignore the trolls) I believe
God was very specific and even specified what a day is in the very
same chapter for this very reason.

Well, I can't argue with your that. You are entitled to your beliefs and it must be respected. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Eyestosee

The Bible says that everything was created in one day.

actually it says everything was created in 6 days, and on the 7th day god rested.

Since you could not get past the first line of the OP, I would recommend you return and read the second line where the statement is explained.

I've read the bible, actually a couple versions of it.

6 days and on the 7th rested.

I also read the god of the old testament was vindictive and spiteful, he aparantly killed most humans with a vengeful spite by creating a flood.

You really want to talk about a moody god that kills off people en masse due to a temper tantrum?

And you worship that god?

Sorry but I couldn't avoid noticing that you actually believe in God but you just disagree with what he did.

I think He will keep doing what He knows is right and it's up to you to understand and accept it.

Of course, there are many situations where you find yourself confused. Then you just have to trust Him because someone with power to create worlds knows better than us.

link   

Isn't it funny that people think God made everything in 6 HUMAN days!!!

For some reason people think God works on a 24 hour day.

According to the bible one day for God is one thousand years! You would know that simply from reading the first book of the bible.

So did it take 6 days or was it 6,000 years?

Another item..... God loves to delegate, He is God, right?

Many sons of God in heaven, including Christ assisted the Father in creation. I hope you know this.

Why it was Christ who was involved in making mankind.....not the apes.

Mankind has not evolved from apes and there is no record of this in the fossil tables.

edit on 16-12-2019 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

link   

The Genesis account quite clearly states that God created all living creatures according to their kind, and blessed them and told them to reproduce according to their kind. It leaves no room for evolution.

100%

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Was the earth created before time was created? How do you feel about the gap theory?

Our solar system is made up of an unusual amount of heavy elements. These can only be formed in the dying masses of super red giants. Most stars use hydrogen to generate energy, but Red Giants are so huge they burn through their fuel in a matter of mere seconds on the grand scale of things, and in order to keep fueling they need to continue to fuse elements together greater heavier and heavier ones, in a very short amount of time until it can no longer contain itself and it explodes in a spectacular spectacle known as a supernova explosion.

Thus our solar system, our sun, and the planets in it are the result of another star that lived long before our solar system.

As for time, my idea, and it is only my idea of course, I believe that time is our understanding of energy in motion. All energy is in constant motion, and we perceive this as time. And since God is the source of all energy and has always existed time has always existed as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Still an excellent thread SnF!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You also called God Jehovah. I did not know you worshiped the Greek god Zeus. Or are you referring to the planet Jupiter? Jehovah can refer to ether. You need to know the meaning of the words you use.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The Bible says that everything was created in one day.

actually it says everything was created in 6 days, and on the 7th day god rested.

Since you could not get past the first line of the OP, I would recommend you return and read the second line where the statement is explained.

I've read the bible, actually a couple versions of it.

6 days and on the 7th rested.

I also read the god of the old testament was vindictive and spiteful, he aparantly killed most humans with a vengeful spite by creating a flood.

You really want to talk about a moody god that kills off people en masse due to a temper tantrum?

And you worship that god?

THE destruction of man was due to the corruption of the blood by the intermingling- of angle blood and the seed if the woman. The enemy tried corrupt all of mankind to keep Jesus from being born. Noah was perfect in all his ways not corrupted in his blood, that is why he was chosen to survive.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Sorry but I couldn't avoid noticing that you actually believe in God but you just disagree with what he did.

I'm agnostic, I'm not opposed to the idea of a god, but I'm not a subscriber.

I think He will keep doing what He knows is right and it's up to you to understand and accept it.

I wish he/she/it would just show up, 100% belief going forward, so far, that has not happened.

Of course, there are many situations where you find yourself confused. Then you just have to trust Him because someone with power to create worlds knows better than us.

I'm not opposed to the concept of god, I just need to see it myself. God is almighty, shouldn't be hard for god to pop in on me and say "HEY HERE I AM I'M REAL"

That has not happened. I believed in santa and the tooth fairy at one point as well, they never showed up.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I'm not opposed to the concept of god, I just need to see it myself. God is almighty, shouldn't be hard for god to pop in on me and say "HEY HERE I AM I'M REAL"

And what would you have him do afterwards? Surely you must see what
a spoiled brat that makes you?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Why would the Bible tell us what a day is and in the same chapter
use the word day to describe something else?

Ummm...why would you personally use that same concept...?

“In my dads day”...

“Back in the day”...

These statements don’t denote any exact time reference...they only provide reference to something that occurred in the past...there is no specific intent to define exactitude...

Nor was such an intent inferred within the context of the OP’s writing...

“In the way backs”...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Dude Genesis 1-5

God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night."
And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.

Clearly defined day

If he meant anything else it would defile his word for eternity.
He wouldn't give atheists more ammo! lol Joking

edit on 16-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Genesis tells the story of creation. It does not tell how creation was done. You are trying to use the bible as an instruction book. It is not. It is stories to teach things. It is made up by man like all religions. I believe in a creator but religion has nothing to do with god if you truly understand it and its history.

Believe as you wish but learn where what you are saying you believe in came from before sharing it.
edit on 12 16 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

And what would you have him do afterwards? Surely you must see what
a spoiled brat that makes you?

OR.......
Just maybe I would say ok, god is real, and I will live my life for him/her/it.

Call me a brat all you want, and I'll be that brat until I have PROOF.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You do have proof same as everyone else and you know I can't
call you a brat in the form of a question. So just stop with that.

What makes you so special that the Creator of you should serve you?

edit on 16-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Dude Genesis 1-5

God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night."
And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.

Clearly defined day

If he meant anything else it would defile his word for eternity.
He wouldn't give atheists more ammo! lol Joking

Ummm...dude...within the context of your own statement...you provide for us...two distinct and different definitions of an single word...

Day...denoting a demarcation between when the sun rises and sets...regardless of time specificity...

Day...denoting a specific length of time...

Two distinctly different concepts...not to even mention that even within the context of that description...is yet a third separate meaning...

Day...a 24 hour period...(Earth Sol reference) due to orbital mechanics...that includes both...night...and day...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You do have proof same as everyone else and you know I can't
call you a brat in the form of a question. So just stop with that.

If I had proof I'd be agreeing with you, but I don't so I'm not. As far as the brat thing

Surely you must see what a spoiled brat that makes you?

You see the squiggly thing at the end? It's at the end of my previous sentence as well, it's called a question mark and when you use it, it indicates a query. The mannerism of your query also implicates a bias and tone, so yes you can absolutely call me a brat in the form of a question, which you did, and now your god will judge you for judging others.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Day...a 24 hour period...(Earth Sol reference) due to orbital mechanics...that includes both...night...and day...

Yep he called the light day and the darkness night after dividing them.
That was the first day very explicit. Not at all open to interpretation any
other way. PERIOD no where does it say the time a day is, is subject to
your own individual interpretations. It describes a length of a day as
being the daytime and the night time as one day. It doesn't say
" Back in the day" Nor does it say day time. It says on the first day..
then the second day etc.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

In the beginning...... GOd created the heavens......... and the earth
TIME.........................SPACE...........................MATTER

I happen to believe that if God is capable of creating the universe. It
only makes sense that he is capable of getting us a message that
informs us with 100% accuracy. Who are we or who are you to
marginalize how long it would take him? What's the big deal if
the gentleman who built all of this say's he did it in one day?
I damn sure wouldn't doubt him.

Ever watched Stargate? Remember how the ascended would never talk in direct terms.... If you immediately know the candle is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

That's how these religions work... NASA.

Perhaps god is the ascended... or perhaps he is the ori.

Let us enter a state of kelno 'reem, and ponder this with our symbiotes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join