It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teletubbies and my little girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So, my "little girl" is 12yo. She wanted to use my iPad today. I check on her, and she is watching [email protected] channel on Teletubbie conspiracy theories.

I have not ever talked to my daughter about conspiracies. I was shocked she was watching it. I asked why....her reply.....

"Dad. Things are not always as they seem. Grow up."

Other than the typical preteen/teen attitude, I was proud.

Should I be scared?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You should be proud.

Critical thinking isn't genetic, it is a learned trait.

Although it might just be mom's influence...

In which case nevermind.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Tellytubbies conspiracies? Really?

Good that she is not drinking any cool aid but...

Mind you, whoever thought of them is clearly off their tree.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I completely agree with you on this topic.

Although my personal thought (having been subjected to Telytubbies for what seems like the last 4 thousand years between my kids and my grandchildren) is that whomever envisioned and produced it was on a combination of acid, mushrooms and another psycotropic...

It to me is the only logical explanation for its inception.

edit on 15-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I've seen this Teletub.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: chr0naut

I completely agree with you on this topic.

Although my personal thought (having been subjected to Telytubbies for what seems like the last 4 thousand years between my kids and my grandchildren) is that whomever envisioned and produced it was on a combination of acid, mushrooms and another psycotropic...

It to me is the only logical explanation for its inception.

It certainly is not a good thing when you're laying in bed, hungover af and the remote is out of reach... I remember it being on once, and I was struck with fear and confusion. It was as if the strangest dimension imaginable had manifest, and I was trapped in it..

Especially that God damned Hoover creature... Oo

edit on 15-12-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Dad. Things are not always as they seem. Grow up."

Other than the typical preteen/teen attitude, I was proud.

Should I be scared?

Proud or scared....If she wakes up to what you think you have woken up to then be proud.
But chances are, she will wake up to something entirely different and YOU will be seen by your daughter as one of the blind, unthinking masses.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

be proud of course but also spend more time with her, her point of view will make her little lonely because other kids won't understand her.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wow!!! A 12yo telling me grow up?!!!!

I’d snatched that device so quick out of her hands and ground her for a month or more!!

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Sounds effective

Would have amplified my pre-teen attitude for sure. I'd go with a chuckle, and an "oh yeah, smart-ass?", followed by noogies and a good laugh.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I think you need to find out what the theory is? Discuss if the theory is credible or not? Why is it credible?

Is the theory the Teletubbies are an ancient spacefaring race to save mankind? Vs an attempt at early social engineering?

You need to let her know everyone’s motives are suspect? From a government producing sheep to an individual pushing conspiracy for profit. Always cross reference, verify, and always vet sources and motives.
edit on 16-12-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
Wow!!! A 12yo telling me grow up?!!!!

I’d snatched that device so quick out of her hands and ground her for a month or more!!

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

Donchya know, it's all the hormones in the KFC that make kids grow into adults at age 10.

By comparison, you're still 9.

Well, Alex told me so, anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Komodo

Sounds effective

Would have amplified my pre-teen attitude for sure. I'd go with a chuckle, and an "oh yeah, smart-ass?", followed by noogies and a good laugh.

Just remember, to be a smart ass, you first have to be smart... or else you're just an ass.

Most kids..... well you know.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I think you need to find out what the theory is? Discuss if the theory is credible or not? Why is it credible?

Is the theory the Teletubbies are an ancient spacefaring race to save mankind? Vs an attempt at early social engineering?

You need to let her know everyone’s motives are suspect? From a government producing sheep to an individual pushing conspiracy for profit. Always cross reference, verify, and always vet sources and motives.

Tinky Winky sold me as it being a conspiracy, right from the start.. with his purple onsey. Gayer than the happiest person in wonderland.

And don't get me started on Dipsy... a right on alcholic right there.

And all they do is listen to the sun babygiggle and watch kids on their bellies in random parks.

Sinister... all that was missing was Mr Pizza.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Umm...yeah...

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Wow, that's friggin awesome. Where was that kind of messed up stuff when I was kid? I would have turned out normal.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I knew that Tinkie Winkie could not be trusted. There's so much more than meets the eye with that stinkin' La La too. Don't get me started on Dipsy, aka the Che Guevara of Telletubbyland.

new topics

top topics

join