It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untitled Prose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is a place that exists within the far reaches of imagination. We must travel sometimes a far distance to find it and when we do, it appears and disappears. We linger and search for a way to stay. It calls to us when we are away. We yearn to return to the beauty, possibilities dreams and wonder.

Held by reality's agonizing grip, we are sometimes ripped away from this place, this world where dreams and enchantment come alive. It is there always waiting for the wanderers and wordsmiths. This realm is one of our own creation, so the power is ours to return to again and again. It will not die.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

For what is reality but a place to inhabit between dreams and flights of fantasy, a place to eat and sleep and die

Infinite possibilities await inside, a place for the mind to soar without the burdens of an earthly body

For the body is but earthly flesh, a restraint to the spirit's yearning for a higher place

A place well known but yet mostly forgotten when we enter this mortal coil

A glimpse of it in the clouds, a phrase overheard between two lovers

A Knowing that there is much more than this and we feel it

So we pour our thoughts into words for other spirits

To escape their shackles as well for a moment

And let them feel for some small time

That this place is not reality

But a beginning

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Sorry I went all freeform on you, but your post inspired me.

Excellent as always, Night Star.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It’s always those half ideas that pop in that you want to explore but don’t really want to fully flesh out and write. So you mull them over in a half stupor and ask but what next. Sometimes a story and other times a lyric that wasn’t just quite there. Until you just let them go and they fade away.
edit on 15-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yours sounds like the exact opposite sentiment of that laid out in the OP. Am I reading you wrong?

Frankly, I like the OP better. "It will not die."

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Actually it is commentary of how things go for me when a half idea comes. Had a recent short story idea about a sleeper ship (nothing new there) but it was a mix of people on a Continuance Of Government mission to the stars. The ship’s AI found a suitable planet and begin revivals. Only not everyone was a volunteer and all the politicians were revived and died a long time ago.

A recent song lyric was about how people look towards the dawn even though the sunset has the deeper hues. There was more of a philosophical statement to it but I can really remember as it was a couple weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I understand now. The sentiment of reflection was obscured because it was reported in 2nd person.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Wow, beautifully written Lume! Love this.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Don't let them fade away. Save them and perhaps you can expand on them another day.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Beautiful words, ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Beautiful pic Lone! Glad you enjoyed the words from the folks here.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Ummm...perhaps...

Yet...the power you speak of does not belong to the collective...

Those abilities are purely the purview of the individual...of the distillation of experience...and angst...and perceptions...and perspectives...seen through the lens of individuality...

What if we choose...not to share...

What if the format...or the media...seeks to exert ownership...on such distillations...?

Well...then it thrives there...parasitical...

No symbiosis here my friend...nothing but theft...couched In terms of TOS...

And all of those quintessentially unique psyche’s...willing to hand over ownership of thought and right...merely for inclusivity...for membership...for a bastardization of coercive community...

Too salty...?

Should we then prefer the saccharine...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It’s always those half ideas that pop in that you want to explore but don’t really want to fully flesh out and write. So you mull them over in a half stupor and ask but what next. Sometimes a story and other times a lyric that wasn’t just quite there. Until you just let them go and they fade away.

Ummm...or...unless you write them down...thus giving them voice...

Then...there’s always edit...

Sometimes...when I imagine myself sharing some spark of intuitive process...a line...or stanza...or paragraph...is treated to iteration...and rewrite...and edit...

Sometimes...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm, what?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...you were speaking to creativity...and talent...and distilling thought and dream and imagination into prose...

I was merely reminding...of the format...

I just thought it was passing strange that you chose to do that in prose...in a forum...and on a site...in which the powers that be...had already admonished that they were not welcome...

Don’t get me wrong...I personally love the way your mind works...and your writing...

YouSir
edit on 16-12-2019 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

If I am catching what you are saying, you are incorrect in your assessment. That particular section deals with co-ownership, not the abandonment of IP. You still retain ownership including right to publish your material, but you also allow TAN to do so as well along with defense of plagiarism provided this is the only place you published online. It is also why we are particular about citing other sources, such as a copy/paste of a whole article with a “Whadya think?” tagged on at the end.

Do we publish member threads? Yes and no. No, we have never plucked a single jewel (and there have been several) and go to press on that thread. But yes, there has been cherry-picking for a compilation as well as promotions of the site and other projects that have featured individual threads such as the ATS Live family of radio shows, various ATS video news projects and such. I believe threads/posts have been used in various games in the past as well. Springer has mentioned numerous threads the many times he has been on Coast to Coast as a guest. All of which falls under publication.

Now can you get say a series of poems published on your own that you have written over the years here? Probably not as it is hard for the publisher to make that gamble of selling what is already free. But could you? Absolutely, just don’t skim other people’s IP and suggestions without due credit, permission and maybe compensation. Wouldn’t hurt to throw Springer a heads up as well for the aforementioned permission and because he likes knowing about such things. Might even ask to be kept in the loop about getting a copy. Never know.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Generally they fall under “This is boring me as a creator. They are bound to bore an audience as well.” So I let it go. Anything of worth will pop up sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What is "IP" per your post?
edit on 12/16/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Intellectual Property.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Thanks for the information! YouSir made me feel like I did something horribly wrong. Whew!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join