It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

737 Shutdown Coming 12/15/19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
BCA better get it together quick....
I’ve got www.seattletimes.com...

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Dec 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here, OP, I'll do it for you...

Boeing intends to shut down it's 737 production until further notice predicated on the aircraft's return to service.

It’s likely Boeing will stop 737 MAX production this week or next and keep the assembly lines closed until the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) clears the jet to return to commercial service, which is currently expected around mid-February or early March, the person said.

“It depends on the return to service. How long is that going to take? Is it 60 days? Probably,” the person said. “You can only build them for so long without delivering.”

Boeing to Shutter 737-MAX Production

This is COMPLETE BS on Boeing's part!!!! Absolute travesty! And here's why...

Boeing SHOULD have shut down their 737 mass production BEFORE the airliner's problems were fixed, not AFTER!! They should have shut down production when it was on their nickle, not the FAA's. So what's going on now is, Boeing is going to furlow their employees and now they can hang this at the FAA's doorstep rather than their own!! Complete BS!! They're trying to leverage and expedite the re-certification approval by placing the FAA in charge of the welfare and destiny of their own employees, and THAT is simply WRONG!

I swear, I'm getting to the point where I'm never going to set foot on another Boeing aircraft as long as I live! This is unbelievable!

And before anyone says it...yeah, I get it; you can only store so many aircraft and not deliver them. I get that, but why then did they continue to make them before they even new when the problem would be fixed? Greed, that's why. Yeah, sure they didn't think it would take this long, BUT they should have thought of that when they were greasing the skids of the FAA during the initial certification process, when they were cutting corners in problem resolution and certification. They should have thought of this a long time ago!!

This whole 737-MAX debacle STINKS to high heaven! And people should be really angry about this!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr!!!

edit on 12/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I could see Amazon scooping up a few at deep discounted prices, of course Used strictly for Amazon cargo maybe get a few postal contracts, and possibly making a few as test beds for fully automated cargo ops for the future.
Anyone one need a consultant?

edit on 16-12-2019 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2019 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Hi Flyingclaydisk,

The safety agency has not yet completed its review of the software fix Boeing developed for the new flight control system that activated erroneously on the two MAX crash flights and repeatedly forced the down the nose of each of the jets.

Given that the pre-crashes pre-grounding software production was outsourced to India,
(Keyword: spaghetti-code) will the replacement software come from the same
India based company?

If so, is the traveling public expected to trust this software with their lives?
Will pilots trust patched spaghetti-code software?

May I suggest? Get rid of MCAS. Pilots know when they're about to stall. And move the engines back where they belong; sheesh.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thank you sir! I’m still a newbie here😂

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181 An autonomous Max-8. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

The outsourced to India isn't as cut and dry as it sounds. Yes, the software was done by an Indian company, but they were working on it in Washington across from the Boeing offices in Renton. There were a bunch of American coders working on it.

Ever since the reverse merger put McDonnell Douglas executives in charge, the culture at Boeing has been declining. It's gotten a lot worse over the last few years. If they shut down they have no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

MCAS was not an anti-stall feature as much as it was to keep stick forces the same as the older models so the pilots would not have to re-certify. In other words, it was an engineering gimmick to force an increase in stick force at higher alpha since the engine size and placement meant light stick forces at higher alpha.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
When outsourcing happens, who is usually left isn't the best. They keep the newest and low paid. It's about top guys getting more money on both sides.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

"Gimmick" is an excellent way to describe it.

It was a gimmick to make the airplane more marketable to airlines by not needing to pay pilots for re-certification in a different type and not having to buy new simulators. It was also a hoodwink of the FAA. Money, money, all around.

Then they started angering in and killing people.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not looking good for Boeing as well with QANTAS going with Scarebus for its longhaul instead of the 777.
Longhaul decision

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I’ve dealt with both the BCA and BDS sides of the house at Boeing for over 30 years.

When Alan Mulally was snubbed to be the next CEO and went to Ford instead, that was a major turn for the worst at BCA.

Mulally was loved by Boeing engineers, manufacturing etc.
He knew at its core that the true character of Boeing was to build the finest commercial planes in the sky bar none. By making a legendary product the money making always too care of “itself” in profit. The initial 787 outsourcing of everything was a fiasco and Boeing paid billions to correct it.

Enter non-airframe management, bean counters and Wall Street whores. The company lost its soul, core culture and is now an aimless, rudderless mess.

Morale is the lowest I’ve ever seen from the lower to mid level management and it shows no sign of abating. The company needs to revamp the pride and mission again, or its gonna be an unmitigated disaster.

a reply to: HBaero

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

The odds of Sunrise happening aren't that great. They haven't actually ordered an aircraft and won't make a formal decision until March.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The suspension will begin in January. The Renton workers will be temporarily reassigned.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There isn't enough work for them at other assignments. They are avoiding a(n additional) PR disaster that would ensue if they furloughed people right before Christmas. They cannot maintain that long-term. And all the subs aren't going to have pockets deep enough to avoid their own issues.

Boeing SHOULD have shut down their 737 mass production BEFORE the airliner's problems were fixed, not AFTER!! 

Why? It costs way, way, way more to shut down the line and all the subs than it does to store aircraft and retroactively update software. You only shut down the line when there is no choice. You're disrupting an entire supply line and thousands of people's livelihoods.

I've told personal stories before about Boeing project management. I'm not a fan. It's a colossal mess. But this particular decision isn't the headscratcher.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It’s called corporate murder

Excuse me, Mass murder

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Well, you're entitled to an opinion. I expressed mine. I disagree with yours, but I respect it none the less.

Boeing is wrong! They're trying to leverage the FAA to expedite the 737-MAX approval by furloughing their employees, and making the FAA be the bad guy instead of Boeing! Plain and simple. If you can't see this, then I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken! Sorry. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Flyingclaydisk and RadioRobert, you are actually both right. These #ssholes at Boeing running the company should have taken the more obvious step a good 6 months ago of not halting production, nor continuing it. What these lying idiots SHOULD have done once it became obvious is (which I'm betting was a while before the public knew) was cut production in half. That way you keep your employees earning money and gaining experience and your supply chain warm to hot. What this current decision does is screw everything up. What the hell do the employees, not to mention management at Spirit Aerosystems do now? Let alone the hundreds of companies that put into the supply chain. There needs to be a complete gutting of this poisonous ex MDC executive mindset, and the FAA needs to man up and face the music as well. Mind you I'm betting half the FAA's problem was driven by budget pressures so lets see what that other group of equally inept #ssholes on Capitol Hill do as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Excellent points!

That would have been a much more responsible approach.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HBaero

The only hope for Boeing is a buyout from someone with deep pockets and a history of running a brutally effective, engineer-driven corporate culture. The well-monied founder of another legendary Seattle company, perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join