It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. Dems lose a state senator: John Yudichak declares himself independent, will caucus with GOP

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Another Democrat Senator- this one from Pennsylvania- is leaving the Democrats. John Yudichak has decided to become an Independent and will now caucus with the Republicans.

John Yudichak said in a statement that he is leaving his old party because he is weary of “'purist' politicians who demand that you choose a battle camp. You must pass their litmus test, and declare if you support ‘us,’ or ‘them.’"

He also said that he felt like he couldn't represent his constituents properly and the regional issues they battle as part of the Democrat caucus.

PennLive article

Edit to add: Apparently he announced this in November and I had never seen it. Mods please remove if necessary as it was a month ago.
edit on 15-12-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So it has begun, the foolishness of mainstream Democrats is shattering the party.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's for the state, not the US Congress. Wish it were for the latter, but I guess any movement is positive.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
So it has begun, the foolishness of mainstream Democrats is shattering the party.

They are going for broke now

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's for the state, not the US Congress. Wish it were for the latter, but I guess any movement is positive.

It shows the beginning of a defection trend. I've been reading more and more interviews of Democrats both at the state and national level who are tired of the extremist lean the Democratic party has been taking and I personally believe many are starting to "shake in their shoes" in fear for their elected positions as their more moderate Democrat constituents are starting to angrily sound off.

Any halfway smart dog knows you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I didn't think it would happen before the next election, but (D) is LITERALLY losing seats before the next election. This impeachment sham is resonating far and wide, and we the people have taken notice.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I just can't wait to see what Pelosi will say when this trend gets bigger. She'll probably throw Schiff to the lions.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Not all Democrats are being blackmailed like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler and Schumer..

the young ones still have a career ahead of them... people are waking up, the TV is lying to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Not all Democrats are being blackmailed like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler and Schumer..

Yep, the ones that aren't are jumping ship like it's on fire, hmmm I wonder why.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here is another story regarding PA state house.....

After making history earlier this year as the first Muslim woman elected to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Movita Johnson-Harrell says she will resign from office in the face of criminal charges against her announced on Wednesday morning by state Attorney General Josh Shapiro. In a Harrisburg press conference, Shapiro alleged that Johnson-Harrell had stolen more than $500,000 from a nonprofit she founded, Motivations Education and Consultation Associates, and spent the funds on real estate, vacation, luxury items, and her campaign for the 190th District House seat. Shapiro said Johnson-Harrell had agreed to resign her seat and plead guilty to charges including perjury, tampering with public records, theft by unlawful taking, theft by deception and contributions of corporations.

PhillyMag.com

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's fairly ironic that so many liberals rushed to elect Muslim women to government positions (I guess maybe they thought they were getting two-fers on minorities) and yet we are hearing more and more frequently about them getting caught committing all kinds of crimes once in office. The ironic part is that while claiming moral high ground not only are they being found to be American hating criminals but forgetting that per their own so-called beliefs they should be stoned to death for even seeking public office to begin with- that alone should tell people there is an agenda to all of it but people just thrust their heads in the sand.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Looks like the DemocRATS are jumping ship....more will follow!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The left and this whole impeachment process is too radical for normal people.

Some who are not consumed by politics, ask when is going on when the hearings are on tv and when told its these people trying to impeach the president.

You see disgust and turn it off..........

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ya except that per their own religious indoctrination they are allowed to lie to infidels and do pretty much whatever they want for the cause. This is why Sharia law is not acceptable in our courts.

new topics

top topics

join