It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey could close Incirlik air base in face of U.S. threats: Erdogan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol really. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
He is right, we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

Really? when you say "we" who do you mean....and what is huge numbers in your mind?

Here is a list of hits on both sides, at least start around 1776 to suggest "we" as in Americans...

The List

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My grandfather and great grandmother moved here in after 1895. My grandmothers parents moved here around 1870. The Indians were shuffled out of here or stuck on reservations before they got here, many resisters were killed. There were Minerals here that companies wanted, so they were displaced.

My ancestors were not part of it, they were farmers and mine workers. Actually, our family got along with the Indians pretty well, but many people in our area did not like the Indians. I guess that since we were all just working class people up here, we learned to live together. But the Indians were overlooked when they looked for jobs, employers did not give them a chance because so many of their workers disliked them back in the early sixties. By the seventies things were better but people here were upset with the Indians because they did not have to pay for a fishing or hunting license. Sounds kind of crazy but that was enough to get people upset with the Indians. Also Indians did not have daily limits of fish, we did. That also upset the people who fished.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Turkey was included in the alliance to block Soviet expansion south thru the Caucuses into the Middle East.

This is no longer a strategic imperative.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

He is right, we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

Really? when you say "we" who do you mean....and what is huge numbers in your mind?

Here is a list of hits on both sides, at least start around 1776 to suggest "we" as in Americans...

Because it wasn't "you" before 1776? How did that work exactly? Were the massacring settlers denied citizenship?

The List

From 1776 acoording to that list ~8000 indians were kiled vs 2000-2500 settlers.

Most settlers were killed by Sioux (800), Creek (500), Miami Indians (250), Apaches (hundreds).

The settlers/militias on the other side killed Indians whenever they felt like, massacring friendly tribes left and right.
edit on 16-12-2019 by moebius because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have long said that the U.S. needs to stop occupying Europe, post WWII style.

Especially Germany. The U.S. needs to finish pulling out of Germany, closing all bases except Ramstein AFB and hospital, which is used to quickly transport troops to boots on the ground as fast as if they were on the ground. Also keep Kaiserslatuern open as a weapons and materials storage facility for boots on the ground. The hospital needs to remain at full capacity to treat Americans who need immediate treatment after battle in the Middle East or anywhere on that continent if something should erupt. Other than that we need to withdraw totally from Germany (the US largest presence) and stop occupying it.

We also need to withdraw totally from the Middle East. It is a hopeless cesspool. Russia learned that the hard way with their 15+ year battles in Afghanistan.

Apparently, now the US is sucked into the only area of the world where the people won't stop hating and won't stop killing. Because their religion decrees killing the enemy of your religion is the one and only way that guarantees you will go to paradise (heaven). Otherwise one must work their way to paradise, and even then it is not guaranteed until you stand before a judge to have your deeds weighed. No nation, no rationale can fight that mindset, and it guarantees there will never, ever, be peace in the Middle East. Not ever. If one believes fervently in their religion, and believes they have committed so many sins there is nothing they can do to go to paradise, then there is only one choice left, kill an Infidel. So we need to get out, and let them kill themselves if that is what they choose to do.

This is not being Islamophobic, it is the actual way it is, and if that is how the Middle East chooses to live and chooses to live out it's religion, it is none of our business. Obviously feminists and liberals in the US don't think women in that region are worth fighting for, as they just say "that is their culture and we should accept it" (female beatings, suppression, oppression, forced child marriages, forced marriage). So why not let the Middle East be, as long at it lets the countries who are not Islamic alone.

Turkey is now clearly regressing to the 14th century attitude of the Middle East, they will now be embroiled forever in a non-stop killing field, just as the Middle East has been for thousands of years. There is nothing the US can do to stop it. So just withdraw and let them kill themselves, because there can never, ever be peace there.

The US should only maintain bases around the world for immediate transport of troops to a region if absolutely and positively necessary because another nation threatens the US directly.

We should STOP being the policemen of the world. That is arrogant of us and we should allow nations to police themselves. Unless another Hitler arises and threatens the entire world.

According to the Democrats the US now has it's own Hitler - so we should definitely be out of the rest of the world and concentrate on threats to our own citizens - like the drug cartel violence which has spilled across the southern border.

The US should withdraw entirely from Europe except for one airbase in England, one airbase in Germany, one storage base in Germany, one Naval base in Italy, one base in Japan (China is a real threat to the US), one air, army, naval base each in Korea (again China is a real threat). North Korea IS a patsy for the Chinese.

The bases in Germany are for the real threat from Russia.

One of each type of the bases in Africa for quick deployment to threats in that region.

Otherwise, the US must for it's own sake - stop rescuing and interfering in other countries business -
stop being the policeman of the world -
allow Europe off the tit and let them protect themselves.

Stop thinking we need to rescue everyone in the entire world or interfere in the rest of the worlds business.

edit on 12/16/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Because it wasn't "you" before 1776? How did that work exactly? Were the massacring settlers denied citizenship?

My reply was to this statement...

we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

I'm assuming he meant America accomplished a mass Native American genocide, and looking at the facts I would say no we didn't and the killing was some what even handed on both sides. If he wanted to suggest someone did genocide then maybe look at the Spaniards for that...

edit on 16-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh, I hope they do close it. And I hope we’ve already removed all the physics packages from our nukes there. I think there are (or were) supposedly 50 of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I like his response that he is thinking of calling the mass killings of Native Americans genocide in response to the hundred year ago declaration that Turkey killing Armenians was genocide. He is right, we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

I didn't see the recent senate measure from last week that the article talks about.

Turkey is pissing off a lot of countries but they keep letting him do it without saying too much.
I thought it was pretty much accepted by just about everyone, liberal and conservative, that we screwed Native Americans royally. It was an oft expressed platitude more than a hundred years ago, well, not exactly in those words, but the same sense of shame for what white people did to them. I think it’s one of the two most evil things Americans (meaning some white Americans, but far from all) have done in our history, the other being slavery. Nowadays, what we did to the Indians is defined as genocide, though I have to note there are at least 5 million of them and they have their own vast territories.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
trump is such a dork. He think Erdogan likes him.

www.cnn.com...
He tries to develop a personal relationship even with leaders of unfriendly nations. That includes Ji, Putin and Kim Jong-UN. He has even suggested meeting with Khameini I believe. There’s no harm in talking, and maybe some good can come of personal contact between leaders.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

I like his response that he is thinking of calling the mass killings of Native Americans genocide in response to the hundred year ago declaration that Turkey killing Armenians was genocide. He is right, we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

I didn't see the recent senate measure from last week that the article talks about.

Turkey is pissing off a lot of countries but they keep letting him do it without saying too much.
I thought it was pretty much accepted by just about everyone, liberal and conservative, that we screwed Native Americans royally. It was an oft expressed platitude more than a hundred years ago, well, not exactly in those words, but the same sense of shame for what white people did to them. I think it’s one of the two most evil things Americans (meaning some white Americans, but far from all) have done in our history, the other being slavery. Nowadays, what we did to the Indians is defined as genocide, though I have to note there are at least 5 million of them and they have their own vast territories.

There were some black people who were in on the genocide against the Indians too, some of the blacks were doing the same thing to Indians as whites were doing. The British government even hired some Indians to kill Indians, they turned the tribes against each other. So some Indians were in on it too, but remember, they were just tools of the English. The British actually employed indians to fight the Americans during the revolutionary war too. That made a lot more tension against the Indians after we broke away from the British too.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Why is nobody asking why has the U.S moved 50 nuclear weapons to Turkey?
I also thought Americans were all about the free market. Unless Turkey wants to buy from Russia, then they get sanctioned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join