It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey could close Incirlik air base in face of U.S. threats: Erdogan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It seems what's been long predicted by some, in one form or another, might happen.
Turkish P.M. Erdogan will treat sanctions tit for tat, and the tat may be Incirlik.
A long time coming, I for one welcome our pulling out of Turkey. I imagine N.A.T.O. may be re-examing thier membership status if this proceeds any further on a downward spiral.
Time will tell as always.
Your thoughts ATS?

Source: www.reuters.com...

edit on 14Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:53:36 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoSundayb201912America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

edit on 14Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:53:55 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoSundayb201912America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo twice times

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Close it down.

In no way is Turkey an ally.

Evacuate aircraft,personnel, and nukes, and give them the middle finger on the way out.

Turkey condemned the U.S. Senate measure last week. Erdogan suggested on Sunday that Turkey could also respond with parliamentary resolutions recognizing the killings of indigenous Americans in past centuries as genocide.

www.reuters.com...

The double middle finger.
edit on 15-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Dec 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: source added

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Agreed.
Our presence there under Erdogan's regime has gotten long in the tooth. They're aligned with Russia essentially.
Besides, what's the old saying?
" With friends like these..."
Here's to our bidding Turkey a swift adieu.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Turkey has treated us in an abysmal manner since the air base was built. Ataturk must be rolling in his grave. He wanted so much for Turkey to join the western world. It's too bad Edrogen and his kind are turning back the clock.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I like his response that he is thinking of calling the mass killings of Native Americans genocide in response to the hundred year ago declaration that Turkey killing Armenians was genocide. He is right, we did destroy the Native Americans in huge numbers in the past.

I didn't see the recent senate measure from last week that the article talks about.

Turkey is pissing off a lot of countries but they keep letting him do it without saying too much.
edit on 15-12-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good...those bassturds confiscated 12 jets worth of munitions when we deployed after 9/11. PLus that base is a craphole....although the Brit tent made for some mad party's.

Turkeys Trots.....NOT a good thing at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ummm, that wat #forbrainsShiff with the Armenian stuff. Dont think the Tman cares, nor do I. I mean WTH would that accomplish?

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
the Turks would be pretty brave by thwarting the Big Satan (as the Jihadi followers refer to the USA) by seizing the nukes @ the Base & kicking the Latter-Day Babylon out of the ME including the revived Ottoman Caliphate in Turkey

Turkey is wrong but the USA is wronger----------------- imho

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its also interesting that there is alot of C-17 traffic around that base today. Either they are running a pull the nukes out drill or are removing a few

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If the US is forced out leave them with scorched earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
we should have backed out the day he took out the generals that had kept the country secular for decades.

They are in now way our allies at this point, they are at least a marginal threat in the region.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Its also interesting that there is alot of C-17 traffic around that base today. Either they are running a pull the nukes out drill or are removing a few
We could set the nukes to detonate if they do not let us take them out and when we leave, set them off. It should be done when the leader is there to inspect his haul of nuclear weapons

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
# Turkey.

Lets get out, get them out of NATO and nuke them.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Close it down.

In no way is Turkey an ally.

Evacuate aircraft,personnel, and nukes, and give them the middle finger on the way out.

[...]

Turkey is still an ally.

Erodgan isn't.

Obama stood by while he dismantled the Turkish Military Leadership.

I don't know if they are still the Guardians of Turkish Democracy anymore.

edit on Sun Dec 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
trump is such a dork. He think Erdogan likes him.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

probably hifivin himself with tiny cheeto dust hands ehhhhh

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

My thoughts are, while losing Turkey as an ally is not a good thing, its effectively already happened. I say leave them alone, cut them out of NATO and if they come groveling back, let them prove their worth.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Kay.

Bye.

*waves bye-bye*

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Ummm, that wat #forbrainsShiff with the Armenian stuff. Dont think the Tman cares, nor do I. I mean WTH would that accomplish?

a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for that!
My family escaped from Turkey just before they slaughtered 1.5 million of my people. Only 4 families with our last name made it to the US. Thanks for your Liberal comment

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I'd be apt to agree with you.
Haven't been reliable since Erdogan consolidated his power. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.
And, if after Erdogan leaves office, they come groveling back...then the microscopes should come out to observe thier behavior.
Too bad. They could've been a useful ally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join