It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Daring Eagle probably regrets tangling with an Octopus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You know that feeling when you're a bit peckish and see something you think would make for a nice snack , this Eagle does but the snack had other ideas.

Staff at the Mahatta West fish farm in Canada discovered the eagle and octopus locked in an embrace earlier this week , the two were released from their tussle leaving them to go their separate ways with little ill effect , perhaps some embarrassment on the part of the eagle but a little embarrassment never killed anyone ... which is more than can be said for angry octopus's.

Our staff at our Mahatta West farm in Quatsino rescued an eagle that had bitten off more than it could chew when it tried to catch an octopus. They are used to seeing the wonders of nature around them on a regular basis, but they knew that this was a once in a lifetime experience.

edit on 15-12-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I've heard some eagles will try to take salmon too heavy to lift and their claws won't come out and the salmon drags it down. awful way to go.

thanks for sharing, very interesting

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How do you know that the octopus didn't see the eagle as a snack as it swooped down to catch a fish?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I don't but the people at the fish farm think that's the case , I think it more likely the eagle made an attack on the octopus as it's an eagle but without asking for a statement from the two party's we will never know for sure.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The octopus is about the closest thing we have that could be called an alien. They are amazing creature. Even the design of their eyes are 10 fold better than ours. They are an incredibly intelligent animal, probably with superhuman visual acuity due to their visual cortex comprising a huge percentage of the brain. This makes it all more computationally intensive than our own, hence why they are also extremely intelligent.

edit on 15-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I love eagles, but I think they should have let nature take it's course there.

Octopuses are amazing creatures. They are so intelligent. It's sad that humans have to intervene in everything.

You can tell the Octopus was totally ticked off at the end too.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I once saw an octopus eating a live 25 pound grouper, but this beats all. I would love to see how it came about.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Birds are stupid.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Birds are stupid.

Maybe...but not crows

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Can't wait to see them battle the octopus.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Eagle could not squeeze the breath out of the Octi nor could it bleed it out to make it weaker ...lol...last time he tries that Lunch-Truck....lol...lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The octopus is about the closest thing we have that could be called an alien. They are amazing creature. Even the design of their eyes are 10 fold better than ours. They are an incredibly intelligent animal, probably with superhuman visual acuity due to their visual cortex comprising a huge percentage of the brain. This makes it all more computationally intensive than our own, hence why they are also extremely intelligent.

This is exactly why I refuse to eat any cephalopods..

makes me sad people only see them as bait and food.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Well, there's a video I never expected to see! Amazing!!

The Bald Eagle is generally considered an apex predator, but I guess this one met its match!!

I'm really surprised the eagle couldn't cut it to pieces with its beak and talons, but octopuses are pretty clever creatures I guess.

S&F!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, there's a video I never expected to see! Amazing!!

The Bald Eagle is generally considered an apex predator, but I guess this one met its match!!

I'm really surprised the eagle couldn't cut it to pieces with its beak and talons, but octopuses are pretty clever creatures I guess.

S&F!

Not only that, their flesh is like rubber.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I once saw an octopus eating a live 25 pound grouper, but this beats all. I would love to see how it came about.

Eagle cruising overhead when he gets a shout out, HEY! Fluff ball my beak's bigger than your beak!
Neener Neener!!

..and that's how the fight started.
It would be better if Paul Harvey narrated the ending.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Really. A crow knows how to use tools and can even make hooks out of wire.
A crow would probably know enough to never get near the sucker arms and might even try to stab it in the eye with a stick!

join