It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
No, it isn't. Anyone who defines simply changing political party affiliations as being a 'turncoat' is just being plain silly."

Definition of 'turncoat' - Merriam-Webster

Yeah... here are the listed synonyms:

"Synonyms
apostate, backstabber, betrayer, double-crosser, double-dealer, Judas, quisling, recreant, serpent, snake, traitor"

I really don't care if the primary definition says 'one who switches to the opposing side/party', anyone who equates simply changing political affiliations as even in the same universe as being a 'traitor, apostate, backstabber' etc is just plain silly.

Are you silly?

Sorry, didn't exist back then. Probably doesn't exist now.

What 'didn't exist back then'? Democrat lite?

No, I was pointing out the truth that Trump wasn't saying the same things back then, as he is saying now.

But he was - in general. Speaking about the country, the problems it was having, the direction it was going, etc...

Sorry if you can't accept reality... get help.
edit on 17-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

No, it isn't. Anyone who defines simply changing political party affiliations as being a 'turncoat' is just being plain silly."

Definition of 'turncoat' - Merriam-Webster

Yeah... here are the listed synonyms:

"Synonyms
apostate, backstabber, betrayer, double-crosser, double-dealer, Judas, quisling, recreant, serpent, snake, traitor"

I really don't care if the primary definition says 'one who switches to the opposing side/party', anyone who equates simply changing political affiliations as even in the same universe as being a 'traitor, apostate, backstabber' etc is just plain silly.

Are you silly?

Sorry, didn't exist back then. Probably doesn't exist now.

What 'didn't exist back then'? Democrat lite?

Yup, "Democrat Lite", "Fake News", "Bigly", "TDS", "reeeeee", "covfefe", "Nambia", "foistered", "infrantrooper", "the cyber", "alternative facts", "stable genius", the Federal crime of Collusion and a stack of other words and phrases didn't really exist back then.

No, I was pointing out the truth that Trump wasn't saying the same things back then, as he is saying now.

But he was - in general. Speaking about the country, the problems it was having, the direction it was going, etc...

The country is going right round the world, heading Eastwards, once every 24 hours, that's where the country is going.

But really, can you actually quote to me one of the specific policies Trump was talking about in interviews from before he was a Presidential candidate (this time around) that are the same policies he talks about now? Perhaps post a link to the video, too, in support.

edit on 17/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks, love MP!

"What 'didn't exist back then'? Democrat lite?"

Yup, "Democrat Lite", "Fake News", "Bigly", "TDS", "reeeeee", "covfefe", "Nambia", "foistered", "infrantrooper", "the cyber", "alternative facts", "stable genius", the Federal crime of Collusion and a stack of other words and phrases didn't really exist back then.

Ah, when I said 'was saying the same things', you ass-u-me-d I mean these specific Trump-idioms of his...

Well, I didn't. Again, I was speaking in general terms, about the direction the country was headed. Not specific Policies.

edit on 17-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Thanks, love MP!

"What 'didn't exist back then'? Democrat lite?"

Ah, when I said 'was saying the same things', you ass-u-me-d I mean these specific Trump-idioms of his...

Well, I didn't. Again, I was speaking in general terms, about the direction the country was headed. Not specific Policies.

I might also add:
- the wall across most of the southern border
- USMCA and the clobbering of NAFTA (Free Trade across the Americas)
- Brexit
- the Chinese Trade embargo
- children separated from parents at the southern border
- travel restriction policies (briefly) against several Middle Eastern countries
- Obamacare/Affordable health stuff
- pulling out of environmental accords
- pulling out of UN councils
- the withdrawal of US troops from active warzones
- increased Internet censorship
- deep VA funding cuts
- automatic detention of all immigrants, even asylum seekers being processed
- ending birthright citizenship
- withdrawal from the Trans Pacific Partnership (Pacific Free Trade)
- promoting fossil fuels when there are issues of climate

Some of which, I agree with, but they weren't issues way back in the past before he sought Presidential candidacy (this time).

edit on 17/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Another one.

Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) on Sunday said the United States government owes former Donald Trump campaign adviser Carter Page an apology regarding the federal surveillance application that enabled the investigation into Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Comey,Schiff, and now Durbin

And of course he goes on to blame Republicans.

BTW... A gazillion news outlets from all over the world will be at the President's Battle Creek rally tomorrow evening.

The House impeachment vote will either be underway, or completed by then.

AND...AG Barr will be on FoxNewsChannel.

WHAT A GREAT TIME FOR A BOMBSHELL, eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Whose side is this guy on.?... comey was the one that said he would be still investigating Clinton into criminal matters and this was literally right before the election.
For normal Americans , that was a major deciding factor when voting.

When comey announced an investigation into Clinton her poll numbers dived.

So Comey does something that helps prevents Clinton from president , but also goes after trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I might also add:
- the wall across most of the southern border
- USMCA and the clobbering of NAFTA (Free Trade across the Americas)
- Brexit
- the Chinese Trade embargo
- children separated from parents at the southern border
- travel restriction policies (briefly) against several Middle Eastern countries
- Obamacare/Affordable health stuff
- pulling out of environmental accords
- pulling out of UN councils
- the withdrawal of US troops from active warzones
- increased Internet censorship
- deep VA funding cuts
- automatic detention of all immigrants, even asylum seekers being processed
- ending birthright citizenship
- withdrawal from the Trans Pacific Partnership (Pacific Free Trade)
- promoting fossil fuels when there are issues of climate

Some of which, I agree with, but they weren't issues way back in the past before he sought Presidential candidacy (this time).

As you said, many of these were not issues, and... again... I was speaking of what he was saying in general terms, not specific policies...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join