It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

No, he was a Republican, a veteran, POW, had never been a member of the Democratic Party, a Republican Presidential candidate twice (he lost to Obama and Bush), he never was a turncoat like the current POTUS, he both opposed and supported Trump on several issues because Trump is supposed to work for the Party, not the Party for Trump.

McCain was a long time staunch Republican Party member, like from the old days.

Trump is the 'in name only' one.

And after all you said here I never liked the man. I got a great somewhat personal story about him and Goldwater that I would have hated to see him become President. Rhino is about the nicest thing I can say about him.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Did anyone expect him to say anything else when he got busted? Hell no! Not a good enough answer. He purposely broke the law to undermine a standing (or candidate for President at the time) and then snubbed his nose at the system arrogantly. They better lock his ass up. Everybody saw what happened, and we all saw how boastful he was about it. He can't turn back now and apologize after all that.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I didn't know until just now that Carter Page sent James Comey a letter informing him that he worked for the CIA. And 3 days later, Comey signed the first FISA warrant to SPY on Page, and by association, the entire Trump campaign...including Donald Trump and his family.

It's too bad the DOJ let Comey off the hook, like they did Andy McCabe.

I hope Trump and his supporters aren't being "played" by the DOJ.

It's feeling more and more like this may be the case.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mueller was even OK with the CIA conducting torture programs after his own agents warned against participation. Agents were simply instructed not to document such torture, and any “war crimes files” were made to disappear. Not only did “collect it all” surveillance and torture programs continue, but Mueller’s (and then Comey’s) FBI later worked to prosecute NSA and CIA whistleblowers who revealed these illegalities.
www.huffpost.com...

Mueller and Comey are scum, vile reminders that the deep state has existed for a long time. Foot soldiers.
If we do some more digging, and I don't mean google. I mean at a University library, with micro film research, we would learn much more.

It is amazing what is available at the censored, deep state google search, but that is only scratching the surface.
Pray for John Durham and William Barr as they are key to upending the deep state and their strangle hold on our country.

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: shooterbrody

I tend to agree, not a Comey fan by any means.

I am not saying it absolves him of any responsibility. He should face felony charges or "years in prison" as Trump put it along with many others.

But to this date I believe he may be the first to use the phrase "He was right, I was wrong"

Am I wrong on that point? Have there been others?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

She had 25+ years as a soviet before moving to Manhattan.

She didn't become a citizen until a year after she had married Trump.

Attractive model, 1/4 of a century younger than her 'mark'. Clearly often expressing her 'differences of opinion' with him.

Nah, it's all a sweet fairy tale romance.

She is almost 50 now... Do you think she has done her time for all the crimes you stated?

What crimes? By her her birth country's standards, she's a hero.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No, he was a Republican, a veteran, POW, had never been a member of the Democratic Party, a Republican Presidential candidate twice (he lost to Obama and Bush), he never was a turncoat like the current POTUS, he both opposed and supported Trump on several issues because Trump is supposed to work for the Party, not the Party for Trump.

And after all you said here I never liked the man. I got a great somewhat personal story about him and Goldwater that I would have hated to see him become President. Rhino is about the nicest thing I can say about him.

... and he never had his own game show!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

... and he never had his own game show!

Good

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No matter what, this is entirely his fault.

As Director, as soon as he learned they were looking to investigate a US Presidential Candidate, he should have personally taken control of it to ensure everything was on the up and up.

But, he didn't. Because he wanted it to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982
Comey ADMITTED attempting to use the dossier to blackmail trump.
He admitted that criminal conspiracy with brennan and others.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: chr0naut

To be fair, Hillary never deleted the e-mails nor did she smash any 'phones with a hammer.

And She and the DNC didn't pay a british spy to write a dossier either.

To be fair eh.

Yes, she paid a former British Intelligence agent to collect information on her political opponent.

And before that, the Republicans paid the same guy, to do the same thing.

All political parties try and get some sort of leverage over their opponent. Definitely, Trump's campaign leveled a number of false accusations against Obama and Clinton. Where did they get their information? Did Trump just make it up?

Do you think that public 'research' of a political opponent's weaknesses is illegal?

No perhaps it's not, but using that Intel (which was never properly vetted to begin with) to start a multiyear investigation into a political opponent...? Or using said intel to whip the general populace into a frenzy about crimes that dont exist... oh wait that's no longer illegal, thanks Obama.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

No, he was a Republican,

Yes, but in name only.

a veteran,

Yes, so?

POW,

Yes, and a traitor - what is your point?

had never been a member of the Democratic Party,

So what? What does that have to do with him being a RINO? Everyone in the R party knows he was.

a Republican Presidential candidate twice (he lost to Obama and Bush),

A really really bad one... and more importantly, one the biggest war mongers in the Senate ("bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran").

he never was a turncoat

First, he betrayed his country while in Vietnam (common but hidden knowledge), second, he is responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors and injuries of another 161 on board the Forrestal (yes, I know, it was all covered up pretty well, but the sailors on board at the time all know the truth, and I am friends with one of them).

So... how, exactly, is Trump a 'turncoat'? Oh, right, he isn't.

he both opposed and supported Trump on several issues because Trump is supposed to work for the Party, not the Party for Trump.

And he betrayed the party and his campaign promise when he did the famous thumbs down vote on repealing Obamacare.

No, he actually was a war mongering RINO.

Trump is a maverick. But if you go back and look at interviews of him going back many decades, the fact is, he was saying the exact same things about our country then as he is now.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No, I am fairly confident in my intellectual capability and made no such admission. As anyone who can read the quoted text in the posts above can see.

Yeah, right, whatever, I guess you have to lie to yourself like that to be able to maintain even a facade of sanity.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's too bad the DOJ let Comey off the hook, like they did Andy McCabe.

Neither one are off the hook as far as Durhams investigation goes.

Stay tuned...

I hope Trump and his supporters aren't being "played" by the DOJ.

It's feeling more and more like this may be the case.

I disagree. I think that Barr and Durhams comments after the OIG report were very telling as to the fact that there is much more to come.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

No, he was a Republican,

Yes, but in name only.

a veteran,

Yes, so?

POW,

Yes, and a traitor - what is your point?

had never been a member of the Democratic Party,

So what? What does that have to do with him being a RINO? Everyone in the R party knows he was.

a Republican Presidential candidate twice (he lost to Obama and Bush),

A really really bad one... and more importantly, one the biggest war mongers in the Senate ("bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran").

he never was a turncoat

First, he betrayed his country while in Vietnam (common but hidden knowledge), second, he is responsible for the deaths of 134 sailors and injuries of another 161 on board the Forrestal (yes, I know, it was all covered up pretty well, but the sailors on board at the time all know the truth, and I am friends with one of them).

So... how, exactly, is Trump a 'turncoat'? Oh, right, he isn't.

he both opposed and supported Trump on several issues because Trump is supposed to work for the Party, not the Party for Trump.

And he betrayed the party and his campaign promise when he did the famous thumbs down vote on repealing Obamacare.

No, he actually was a war mongering RINO.

Trump is a maverick. But if you go back and look at interviews of him going back many decades, the fact is, he was saying the exact same things about our country then as he is now.

Trump was a Democratic Party member and even wanted to be a Democratic Party Presidential candidate.

That is a turncoat.

And if you go back and look at those interviews, he was dissing the Republican candidates, like he does to any and all of his opponents now. And nothing about Obamacare. And nothing about the wall. And, oh wait, he wasn't actually saying anything at all, policy wise, like he is saying now.

I'll call your bluff. A quick Google search for anyone who wants to check.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No, I am fairly confident in my intellectual capability and made no such admission. As anyone who can read the quoted text in the posts above can see.

Yeah, right, whatever, I guess you have to lie to yourself like that to be able to maintain even a facade of sanity.

Look at what you have written about me in the last few of your posts.

You have called me a liar, insane, an idiot and a moron.

Based upon what?

Go back and read my posts. They are there as permanent record and they don't show any reason for you to suggest those things.

I have attempted to speak to you civilly and with respect, trying to debate the topic but you seem to think that name calling supports your argument. It doesn't. It shows that you have no valid response to the actual topic.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Trump was a Democratic Party member and even wanted to be a Democratic Party Presidential candidate.

That is a turncoat.

No, it isn't. Anyone who defines simply changing political party affiliations as being a 'turncoat' is just being plain silly.

And if you go back and look at those interviews, he was dissing the Republican candidates, like he does to any and all of his opponents now.

Like I and most everyone of my friends have dissed the Rs, because many/most of them are just democrat lite?

And nothing about Obamacare. And nothing about the wall. And, oh wait, he wasn't actually saying anything at all, policy wise, like he is saying now.

Really? You expect him to be dissing Obamacare decades before it was shoved down everyone's throats? Or to be extremely specific about what he would do policy side when he wasn't running and said repeatedly he had no intentions of running, but didn't rule it out because he saw lots of problems with the direction our country was heading?

PLONK.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Based upon what?

Your comments...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That is a turncoat.

No, it isn't. Anyone who defines simply changing political party affiliations as being a 'turncoat' is just being plain silly.

Definition of 'turncoat' - Merriam-Webster

And if you go back and look at those interviews, he was dissing the Republican candidates, like he does to any and all of his opponents now.

Like I and most everyone of my friends have dissed the Rs, because many/most of them are just democrat lite?

Sorry, didn't exist back then. Probably doesn't exist now. Except for turncoats.

And nothing about Obamacare. And nothing about the wall. And, oh wait, he wasn't actually saying anything at all, policy wise, like he is saying now.

Really? You expect him to be dissing Obamacare decades before it was shoved down everyone's throats? Or to be extremely specific about what he would do policy side when he wasn't running and said repeatedly he had no intentions of running, but didn't rule it out because he saw lots of problems with the direction our country was heading?

PLONK.

No, I was pointing out the truth that Trump wasn't saying the same things back then, as he is saying now. Just wasn't, no matter how nice it might sound as some sort of propagandist crap to rouse the faithful.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Based upon what?

Your comments...

Which comments?

Quote them.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Which comments?

All of them.

Oh, and go quote yourself...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>