It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
a reply to: chr0naut

As it turns out, the Russians sided with what’s best for the UK. That’s kind of cool. It’s odd that Russia wants a heavily Conservative UK & USA.

Oh, and Brexit just had its “do-over” and it was an even bigger win. Did the Russians swing that one too? UK and anti-Brexit’ers had 2+ years to correct the country’s thinking. Yeah, that did not work either.

The only way Russians could impact major elections is to #1 hack into the actual voting machines (which they haven’t) or take over MSM and Social Media. Not a few presences here and there. They just got blended in with all the other political noise.

Brexit has wrecked the economies of Europe, the worst effected being the UK.

Instead of asserting its power in the EU, the UK is now a small isolated island. Major world trade and investment in the UK has already been pulled out.

As an economic power, the sun has set on the Empire.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“The russians influenced the election”

Yeah right

STILL pushing that tired old lie?

Must have been a few russian memes floating around in Britain last week too huh?

Yes. There were. The whole Brexit thing was part of the campaign. People were told that Europe was not contributing to the UK economy, when it was investing tens of billions. People were also told that there was an immigration problem (particularly with Hungarian immigrants) when the were no Hungarian immigrants, even from lone ago, at all in most of the country.

Russian Twitter trolls meddled in the Brexit vote. Did they swing it? - The Economist

IF YOU SAW THESE TWEETS, YOU WERE TARGETED BY RUSSIAN BREXIT PROPAGANDA - The Independent

Russian Trolls Used Islamophobia To Whip Up Support For Brexit - Forbes

Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bwaaaaah haaaaaa haaaaaa

Now the Russians influence the British elections too?

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NOT

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It did that the day they joined a club and didn't get anything substantive in return.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nice out of context quoting.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Re: UK

Same said about economy and stock market with Trump getting elected. Yeah, I’d cool my jets on forecasting economic future for the UK.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

Nice out of context quoting.

edit on 15-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Instead of asserting its power in the EU, the UK is now a small isolated island. Major world trade and investment in the UK has already been pulled out.

Ok, now I get it, this is a parody account. You had me for a long time but you tipped your hand.

😊

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You've never been a boss. Obviously.

We do not see every single thing within our jurisdiction.

God we are not.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yes, she paid a former British Intelligence agent to collect information on her political opponent.

Foreign collusion glad you can admit it.

Collusion isn't a Federal crime. It is a business misdemeanor. This also would not qualify as collusion.

Is marrying a soviet collusion, too?

and before that, the Republicans paid the same guy, to do the same thing.

Nope. R's pulled out in may when Team left got their mittens in it.

They could only 'pull out' if they had already been paying Steele.

Excuseism.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So russians want right wing governments to control western civilisation?

Have I got that right?

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

What’s the excuse for the next United States elections? “The russians” again?

Such a failure of an excuse. When faced with mainstream media I think the “Russian influence” is 100% ineffective

Ha ha haaaa, what a joke.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If the Russians long con was to enable the USA to improve its military, become energy independent, skyrocketing economy, negotiate China into submission, and generally Make America Great Again....then you have to ask yourself.... what was the Dems/Deep State plan??

I’m in the camp of Russia wants us fighting amongst ourselves leading to nothing getting done in the gridlock. Solid strategy.... until Trump won.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Ok, now I get it, this is a parody account. You had me for a long time but you tipped your hand.

😊

Economic effects of Brexit

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Collusion isn't a Federal crime.

Actually it is.

Professional corporations
Although law firms, doctors’ practices and similar businesses are often organized as partnerships, some of these businesses may instead be professional corporations. Unlike a partnership, a professional corporation is prohibited from making any contributions because contributions from corporations are unlawful.

Fusion GPS,Perkins Coie.

Foreign nationals

Campaigns may not solicit or accept contributions from foreign nationals. Federal law prohibits contributions, donations, expenditures and disbursements solicited, directed, received or made directly or indirectly by or from foreign nationals in connection with any election — federal, state or local. This prohibition includes contributions or donations made to political committees and building funds and to make electioneering communications. Furthermore, it is a violation of federal law to knowingly provide substantial assistance in the making, acceptance or receipt of contributions or donations in connection with federal and nonfederal elections to a political committee, or for the purchase or construction of an office building. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, acting as a conduit or intermediary for foreign national contributions and donations.

Christopher Steele.

www.fec.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

😊

Again, SOME economists. Like I said, the jury is out for a few years to see how it works for the UK.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

😊

The creator of wikipedia is starting a new enterprise as he feels wikipedia is unreliable and politically dishonest.

🤣

The gags and laughs now I see you.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Going to step out of this one now. It’s run it’s Corney Course, lol

Cheers to you chr0naut. We may disagree but I enjoy the convos.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That was well put, very funny. I hope the next generation of comics thank the democrats and deep state for a trove of comic gold.....

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
If the Russians long con was to enable the USA to improve its military, become energy independent, skyrocketing economy, negotiate China into submission, and generally Make America Great Again....then you have to ask yourself.... what was the Dems/Deep State plan??

I’m in the camp of Russia wants us fighting amongst ourselves leading to nothing getting done in the gridlock. Solid strategy.... until Trump won.

edit on 15-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Comey just made the mistake of apologizing. It admits guilt if even a tiny bit. You think they would learn something from Trump, but they don't seem quite politically smart enough to learn anything worthwhile for their own self preservation.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Check the timeline. Steele wasn't involved until after the DNC/Hillary took over that hot mess. Yes I believe Republicans started looking for dirt on Trump but the Steele dossier was all DNC.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

You've never been a boss. Obviously.

We do not see every single thing within our jurisdiction.

God we are not.

Ummm, yeah ... so you're telling me that an investigation with implications as big as the ones into presidential candidates like Hillary and Trump were not personally overseen by the guy at the top to make sure nothing went wrong?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join