It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Thankfully, Trump fired Comey and smoked them all out.

That was an intentional move. It predicated the investigation to the public, even though Rosenstine told him to do it. the same Rosenstine who was willing to wear a wire and entrap Trump into removal by the 25th amendment. this was all orchestrated from the beginning. But looking at it now, it was a stupid plan that would only work if it removed Trump before anyone found out.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My take on this is: Comey, and by extension the dark staters, are using this "mea culpa" to ensure that FROM NOW ON... everything must be above board!!!

Shame really, I was quite looking forward to a bit of Quid pro Quo in the future, now you can bet there won't be.

Ah well...I guess.

😒

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Funny, the interview with Nicole Wallace (msnbc never trumper) is after the report was released but before the IG Horrorwitz testimony, what a fake Comey is.

If Chris Wallace(fox news never trumper) had any iota of integrity he would have asked Comey the million dollar question during his interview:
"Mr. Comey, in light of what we have all learned from the IG report/testimony would you still have leaked those documents to your professor friend to help initiate the Special Counsel?" [by the way, wasn't that criminal?]
or
"Can you see why President Trump fired you now, how it was justified?"

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Trudeau has some competition on being two faced.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

townhall.com...

ed it on 15-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
He is trying to minimize his soon to be publicly disgraced image. He has no choice but to continue to lie other than say upon reflection that it was just a mistake.

The way they ALL get out of everything every time is by saying there was no "intent".

I think what happened here is that the "intent" has been proven and now there will be consequences.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The day after the report, Comey asked everyone to apologize to him. Fortunately, the DOJ is not going to buy it.

If Comey is let off the hook, then everyone else who signed the FISA spy application (4 senior people?), must be let off the hook too.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Comey is a scumbag.

He is smart, intelligent and cunning, but in his hubris, thought he could outsmart the American people, thus making him a scumbag, a good little boy looking to tame the shady and dirty dealings of corrupt establishment, his admitted overconfidence is a sign that he was way in over his head and bit off too much to chew.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Two GREAT questions missed by CW.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Be funny if they don't have an orange jump suit for his body length...He'll be wearing orange 'high water' pants...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

To be fair, Hillary never deleted the e-mails nor did she smash any 'phones with a hammer.

I'm fairly sure that the Republican party deletes old e-mail archives and securely destroys devices too.

Disposing of Devices Securely - DHS US-CERT In fact, have a look at the whole US_CERT site to see what the proper procedures are.

Then, go the the US Congress archives of the Russian Troll campaign posts. I'm fairly sure you'll find lots of posts about Clinton deleting e-mails and smashing phones (which, if you can remember, she didn't do).

Then you'll probably tell me that the Russian troll posts didn't have any effect, yet here you are, rebroadcasting their stuff. Stuff that we all know is BS.

edit on 15/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

To be fair, Hillary never deleted the e-mails nor did she smash any 'phones with a hammer.

And She and the DNC didn't pay a british spy to write a dossier either.

To be fair eh.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Destruction after they’ve been subpoenaed is the problem.

Maintaining a non secure/certified private server for government use is the problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'm fairly sure that the Republican party deletes old e-mail archives and securely destroys devices too.

Disposing of Devices Securely - DHS US-CERT In fact, have a look at the whole US_CERT site to see what the proper procedures are.

Then, go the the US Congress archives of the Russian Troll campaign posts. I'm fairly sure you'll find lots of posts about Clinton deleting e-mails and smashing phones (which, if you can remember, she didn't do).

Then you'll probably tell me that the Russian troll posts didn't have any effect, yet here you are, rebroadcasting their stuff. Stuff that we all know is BS.

What is this? Bleachbit and a wet cloth?

Here have a balloon.

🎈

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Absolutely, the whole FISA process for approving surveillance and searches against US citizens was unconstitutional from the start. It was a knee-jerk reaction after 911 and was supposed to be temporary. That is why they had a review process, every four years, which has to be signed off by the President, to continue to operate.

Also, note its title FISA, the "Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act". What foreign intelligence has being gathered? Surely it is being used to allow domestic searches, of citizens, for domestic purposes. Nothing 'foreign" about it. Sounds like the court and the act is far overreaching its purpose.

I'm surprised that Trump signed off to another four years of it, seeing that he was going to 'drain the swamp'.

And about that, I only see Trump removing opponents. The swamp of corruption just gets new administrators and remains firmly in place. The ongoing FISA courts being just one example.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
“The russians influenced the election”

Yeah right

STILL pushing that tired old lie?

Must have been a few russian memes floating around in Britain last week too huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So it's Trumps fault he was illegally spied on?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No. We killed off McCain and Paul Ryan and a bunch of weak House Republicans are gone.

It’s never going to be corruption free. That’s myopic. Let’s just keep going after corruption on both sides. Not phantom crimes.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm surprised that Trump signed off to another four years of it, seeing that he was going to 'drain the swamp'.

FISA works both ways. As we will soon find out.

Is destroying evidence after a supeona is out for that evidence a crime?

Just asking the question my one year old asked me.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“The russians influenced the election”

Yeah right

STILL pushing that tired old lie?

Must have been a few russian memes floating around in Britain last week too huh?

Yes. There were. The whole Brexit thing was part of the campaign. People were told that Europe was not contributing to the UK economy, when it was investing tens of billions. People were also told that there was an immigration problem (particularly with Hungarian immigrants) when the were no Hungarian immigrants, even from lone ago, at all in most of the country.

Russian Twitter trolls meddled in the Brexit vote. Did they swing it? - The Economist

IF YOU SAW THESE TWEETS, YOU WERE TARGETED BY RUSSIAN BREXIT PROPAGANDA - The Independent

Russian Trolls Used Islamophobia To Whip Up Support For Brexit - Forbes

Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So it's Trumps fault he was illegally spied on?

No, how do you misread it like that.

It wasn't illegal at the time and it still isn't illegal now because he signed off the instrument of its legality.

What is Trump's fault is that he has spoken out about the surveillance, actually has the power and the mandate to do something about it, and yet hasn't.

Actions speak louder...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
imho
Comey lied and denied
until cornered
then he apologized. a little.

sad but we may never know the whole truth.

Bible says everything will be revealed. if you think congressional hearings are something, wait til Heaven has hearings. a lot of these politicians and swampers will be in big trouble. (deservedly so).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join