It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

In an April 2018 interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Comey claimed that the FISA process is “incredibly rigorous” and claimed that Republicans’ criticism of the Page FISA warrant was “a political deal” that was not “based in substance or law.”

Operation save own hide.

Anyone actually believe this bullsnip?

I don't.

In NO WAY was the law followed.

They falisfied FISA warrants.

They set Carter Page up, and continually lied to go after Trump.

Comey himself 'briefed' Trump, but was trying to entrap him.

Any way.

Survey says?

edit on 15-12-2019 by neo96 because: Fixed link

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It passed over his desk. Didn't it? Didn't it? He should have looked at it; should have examined it in detail to make sure. Either he rubber stamped it which says something about his care on the job or he deliberately passed it on. Either way, not a good look for him.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Too little too late Corn Pop you're going to jail

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's too late to put the toothpaste back in the tube Jim, you're going down clown.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
He was dancing around wasn't he? Thought Wallace did a good job applying the screws to him a little bit.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Didn't Comey say last week that the IG report exonerated him?
Comey tried to lie yet again but the public testimony did him in, too many videos to see.
I guess this shows the importance of public testimony, no one reads the reports.

I expect to hear the mockingbirds praise Comey for admitting he's was wrong..."what a guy, Trump would never do that"..."when has Trump ever admitted he was wrong, at least Comey can admit he was wrong"

Wasn't Comey the Director of the FBI, wasn't he aware of "Crossfire Hurricane" and how meticulous he needed to be as director?-Sarcasm noted for the impared-

originally posted by: neo96

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

In an April 2018 interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Comey claimed that the FISA process is “incredibly rigorous” and claimed that Republicans’ criticism of the Page FISA warrant was “a political deal” that was not “based in substance or law.”

Operation save on hide.

Anyone actually believe this bullsnip?

I don't.

In NO WAY was the law followed.

They falisfied FISA warrants.

They set Carter Page up, and continually lied to go after Trump.

Comey himself 'briefed' Trump, but was trying to entrap him.

Any way.

Survey says?

edit on 15-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think he knew he was wrong but kept going because he thought he could win. BIG F# MISTAKE.

Eventually, I'll say the same about many democrats in the next months.
edit on 15-12-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Trudeau has some competition on being two faced.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

townhall.com...

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah...… Comey is going to loudly repeat he committed an Error instead of having Committed A Crime ---> which is the evidenced Fact

the IG Report was a tactfully fashioned Political-Correctness Summery rather than a Report which put Sunshine on corrupt actions that need to be Prosecuted and the System fixed from future repetition of crimes by leadership in the FBI''

the 'errors' and 'mistakes' were intentional actions to interfere illegally in a presidential campaign and administration... it was anarchy and corruption , in attempting to oust a candidate and pull a Coup on a President elect ->>> that sounds like sedition as opposed to errors/mistakes

Horowitz presented a 'mealey mouth' Report to cover-his-butt.... from getting on a weaponized FBI or DNC 'Hit List'....

I don't blame a citizen for such fainhartedness---- but an IG.... shame on him is all I say....
so the Comey plotter, the FBI cartel are free to do this again in the 2020 election cycle as mistakes & errors are foregivable === & are now legal prescedents
edit on th31157642359015262019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The IG gave Comey the chance to come clean and save face and avoid procecution by admitting he was brainwashed by the previous administration. He took the break and admitted he had screwed up. I hope the MSM publishes his comments, it will help to bring our country's citizens together. Everyone can get brainwashed to some point, they do things that are wrong because they are pressured by their job to do so. Then they defend their inappropriate actions because they do not want to admit they screwed up. The IG giving Comey a break is a good thing, Comey was sucked into a Democratic deception and made a bad decision to keep on the Democratic path because they convinced him that Trump was an orange bad man.

I sure hope a lot of other people brainwashed by the left open their eyes before they get charged with crimes. If they come forth now and admit they screwed up because they got sucked into a brainwash, they may get little to no time.

Most of the people that got indicted and charged under the investigation into Trump were charged on crimes before they were with Trump's campaign or their crimes were not actually linked to Trump's POTUS. That is not the same as the illegal investigations started against the President that have been pushed by liberals. Also liberals in society tend to follow the leader of the corrupt liberals in Congress, this is brainwashing, they need to examine their mindset and evaluate the situation. A few High ranking Congressmen and women are over the edge, these people need to be removed from their committee positions and level headed people put into those positions. A nation divided cannot stand, Putin is happy that our society is in dismay.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I knew his time would come. Now only thing I have left to do is go divvy out my "I told you so's". This year's Christmas dinner will be interesting...
edit on 15-12-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Someone must have pointed out to him that the report did not in fact exonerate him.

But maybe that's when he's been talking about moving, recently.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's going to happen again unless people go to Federal prison. Page told them he was meeting with Russians in good faith. The FBI omitted that evidence. That's not a mistake. Left out the DNC's involvement. Not a mistake and that's not even the half of it. It was a soft coup by a thousand cuts to take down a President. Everything they did were these little malicious attacks on a candidate and they had no intention of stopping. Thankfully, Trump fired Comey and smoked them all out.

If nobody goes to prison the only thing left is civil lawsuits. Bury them all in legal fees and bankrupt them. No amount of book deals, talk show appearances, go fund me's is going to pay for a long ball game of civil lawsuits.

edit on 15-12-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Corney has turned the proverbial corner; it appears.

He transitioned from exonerated Type-A defiant disgraced fired FBI Director to victim of rogue subordinates.

That’s a 180 and a half.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

I have observed this happening thousands of different times in my life. I have been aware of this since I was young, not from scientific studies, but from paying attention when I was a kid. I would hear people read or listen to someone say something then they would repeat it and it was the opposite. I also learned not to mention it to my mother and her siblings, she would say I was mistaken and I should have paid attention. On my fathers side, they were skeptical so they would ask more questions and research if the information they received was real. All of my fathers side uncles were conspiracy theorists, they would believe a clucking chicken more than what the government pushed as real or pertinent. I was taught if something was pushed on you, then do not believe it unless you research it well, but do not attempt to fight city hall. Just because you are required to comply with things in society does not mean you have to believe the interpretations of the evidence.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Comey overconfident? Nah.

How can you be overconfident when you know you are right?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Jimmy boy is a yellow bellied coward, liar, and cheat. He needs to get slapped with a fine, a law suit from the president, and a stint in prison

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Powell predicted that US Attorney, John Durham would indict people, not write a report, and she gave her reaction to the recently exposed abuses of the FISA Court against American citizens.

I hope this comes true.

It is a federal felony to falsely federal evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join