It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found something important. It's the Sun.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wonder if the sun also has a role to play in the SSW phenomena

I can't say to be honest. I am aware that it's an entirely natural phenomenon, but as an effect from what cause, who knows.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Well you won't have to worry
about leaving your boots and jacket
out in the rain.

And yet, I sense a passing tropical downpour?
How odd?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: MamaJ

Thanks for the link, that's going to take a bit of reading.

Yeah it’s lengthy. Everything we discuss in that thread is now happening in real time. When everyone was interested in global warming we were looking at the beginning of a mini ice age on ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The LIC was previously unknown to me, and while for me it doesn't actually answer any questions, it does provide valuable information.

When I found out about our diminishing magnetosphere, the suns heliosphere and the rise in cosmic rays I always used to ask, how do you know it's the magnetosphere or heliosphere that's responsible for the increase in cosmic rays?, could it not be that we're actually hurtling through space heading straight towards some gigantic interstellar badness that's going to fry us to a crisp? The LIC goes some way in identifying that interstellar badness.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I suppose that when a major change in traditional weather systems occur, their will be a period of instability until the new paradigm establishes itself. Guam just had snow and that's thirteen degrees north of the equator, the arctic warming event, has displaced the arctic cold, which is now hitting the USA, Iceland has been hammered and Britain is just about to get periods of twenty below. When theirs plenty of sunspot activity the four jet streams seem to stay tight, but at the moment we only seem to have two jet streams , which seem unable to keep the areas of precipitation stable, so the wet tropical air just hits the cold polar air and turns to snow and ice. Which at present wobbles down to the latitude of Guam. We might be seeing something occurring over the next few years which give us a greater understanding of how glaciation happens.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The sun has a major impact on our weather. We have been in a solar minimum for some time .

A peak in the sunspot count is referred to as a time of "solar maximum" (or "solar max"), whereas a period when few sunspots appear is called a "solar minimum" (or "solar min"). An example of a recent sunspot cycle spans the years from the solar min in 1986, when 13 sunspots were seen, through the solar max in 1989 when more than 157 sunspots appeared, on to the next solar min in 1996 (ten years after the 1986 solar min) when the sunspot count had fallen back down to fewer than 9.

scied.ucar.edu...

Here is a look at the correlation between the sun and the global climate.

Are you aware of the uptick in volcanic activity recently?

There were 66 confirmed eruptions at some point during 2019 from 64 different volcanoes; 22 of those were new eruptions that started during the year.

edit on 15-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When you say you found a correlation to our Sun and weather but have more questions than answers one must convey to you, you’re not alone. I’m not sure how much of the research thread you read, as it is lengthy. It took us a while to pull all the info we could find in one thread.
Facts remain the same. We are not looking at a global warming trend, we are looking at a deep minimum which is now at present the consensus.
Where we are traveling is at the edge of a highly charged cloud. NASA states the particles were neutral and now they aren’t. The planets as well as the Sun are changing not to mention the inhabitants on the earth are feeling this change.
The last time the Sun was in such a lull was about 200 years ago. We can only speculate whether or not the Sun will wake up with a burst of activity or remain in this slumber. Some say watch out for a carrington event while others speculate magnetic pole shift.
We are coming into a “time” where we will have to understand the entire life system either works together or it works against life.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Are you aware of the uptick in volcanic activity recently? There were 66 confirmed eruptions at some point during 2019 from 64 different volcanoes; 22 of those were new eruptions that started during the year.

I was thinking about this last night and also thought about it during the research years ago but now I want to know HOW are we able to detect small underwater eruptions. Any idea?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

the inhabitants on the earth are feeling this change.

They are but, as usual, they're not told the truth, not even at the most basic level. I'm certain you understand this well, but I'll make the point anyway.

Many, if not all people, refer to our climate in a sense of it being cyclic in nature. I get tired of hearing "it's happened before, it'll happen again", even when referring to research data spanning hundreds of thousands of years. Well, I've got news for anybody that reads this;

Our Climate Is a Linear System NOT Cyclic.

There may well be some amount of modulation within that linear system that makes things appear to be cyclic, but that is entirely temporary as a result of the principle system being linear. So as we look into the future, there is no forecasting, there is no knowing, there is only speculation and the realisation that things may not work out all that well for our species.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
But 99% of all scientists agree only man can affect the climate!!! a reply to: myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

But 99% of all scientists media outlets owned by a mere handful of billionaires who want more power, money and especially more control over you, agree only man can affect the climate!!!

There, fixed that back to what's really going on.

I will make a couple of other points.

Firstly, if you seriously consider it to be true that we can denude the planet as much as we have of the appropriate vegetation types, that essentially act as scrubbers for our breathable atmosphere, while simultaneously vaporising all of that dead sh!t in the ground and turning it into the sh!t that the absent vegetation cannot scrub from our atmosphere, then you are an idiot. Do you really think it's possible to unbalance a system without impacting the system, really? Systems balance themselves, there is always a reaction to action, otherwise they collapse.

How much have we affected the climate, who #ing cares, the how much is not important, a basic risk assessment will tell you that, FFS.

Secondly, climate change believers. Aside from believing all the propaganda and other sh!t they're fed and told to believe, they do not actually understand the climate, in fact their entire approach implies they believe that the climate is a cyclic system, which as I have noted above is entirely erroneous.

The whole situation, and I'm not talking CO², is completely #ed up and it's too late to do anything about it, probably.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
But 99% of all scientists agree only man can affect the climate!!! a reply to: myselfaswell

Yeah, they all say that to get funding. LOL !

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Are you aware of the uptick in volcanic activity recently? There were 66 confirmed eruptions at some point during 2019 from 64 different volcanoes; 22 of those were new eruptions that started during the year.

I was thinking about this last night and also thought about it during the research years ago but now I want to know HOW are we able to detect small underwater eruptions. Any idea?

Hit and miss with them. They use sound waves from suspected areas.

dosits.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
myselfaswell:

There may well be some amount of modulation within that linear system that makes things appear to be cyclic, but that is entirely temporary as a result of the principle system being linear.

I agree. The modulation is caused by dynamic variables that each in isolation don't do much, but together, combining at the same time, create high modulation, wild variances. Our planet's natural linearity is to be cool, not warm, but our orbital distance from the sun is what brought our planet into moderate climate.

Billions of years ago our planet would not have been in the orbit it is in now, it would have been outside of the so-called 'Goldilocks' orbit, and through celestial gravitational dynamics with the other planets, was eventually pushed into the Goldilocks zone. Snowball earth cannot occur whilst the planet is in the Goldilocks zone, but it can still experience 40 to 60 percent ice coverage (mostly in the north) at moments when dynamic celestial variables combine every thousands of years or so. Our planet pendulates between glacial and inter-glacial periods, with the glacial (cold) periods tending to last longer than the inter-glacial (warm) periods. We should be in the throes of a glacial period now, but the CO2 that we have pumped into the atmosphere over the last 300 years has helped to stave off the cooling effects of entering the glacial period, but eventually the cooling will become the dominant factor. When it does, the cooling will grip the northern hemisphere rapidly, and will be highly disruptive.
edit on 18/12/19 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Notice how the blues on the chart are diving further and getting closer together as time goes by, if you joined up the bottoms it looks like the next one will be permanent glaciation, and time wise it looks close.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's close enough to the end of the year that any additional variation isn't going to change the following data much.

If there was any doubt at the start I sense that may disappear shortly.

This data to me is an absolute demonstration of a clear and unambiguous connection between solar output and our climate.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

At the moment their is an atmospheric cooling event at the north pole where the average is minus forty degrees C, at the moment its minus 80 and is expected to go to minus 90. This is Stratospheric. Lets hope it stays there.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Interesting.

Looks like it's early days yet and could go either way. But I'd say that either way it's probably not going to be good.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The jet stream once looked like a smooth wave, now it looks like a saw tooth.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I’m constantly looking at solar weather and trying to stay aware of all the geological happenings too, and it seems as if I just can’t keep up. 😂

My gut tells me this is the calm before the storm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join