It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Green Fireball Filmed Over Tucson Arizona On 12/06

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I located some cool footage of a large green fireball that was captured on a rooftop camera, belonging to a scientist at the Planetary Science Institute in Tucson. The bright meteor streaked across the sky at around 9:30 PM, on December 6.

The green glow is common in meteors that contain nickel. This glow tends to be brightest when meteors hit the atmosphere at high speed.

Here's a short, 30 second clip of it:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If that first segment is real time, it is Way too slow to be a meteor.

The Green indicates Copper.

I would guess its a piece of man made space junk reentering the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
That's awesome! I saw a small one one time when I walked outside to take a whiz.
Of course it could have been large and far away but it was completely silent.

I just happened to look to the left and there it was silent fast glowing orange fireball with a tail that burned out quickly over the tree line. Off my left shoulder it was traveling forward and slightly downward.

Do you realize how lucky I was to see that in that 1 minute instant?
There's no telling what all happens in the skies that we never see.

That was not nearly so spectacular as this giant green fireball in your video. You'd think it was game over if you saw that coming strait at you.

I'd like to know how fast its going. It looks to be going many times faster than the jet.
edit on 15-12-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This reminds me of a fireball I saw in Indianapolis, IN back when I was a kid in the 90’s. The one I saw was a Orange and red fireball, not green but remember it traveling even slower than this. I’ve tried a few times looking up exactly what it was, but never found anything. I remember it travelled across the sky at a little faster rate than a plane in the sky and looked comparable to the size of the object in the video.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1
I was doing the same thing as you when, around 1978 or 79 I saw a gigantic yellowish fireball appear out of the southeastern sky trailing glowing embers back for what seemed like hundreds of miles. It tracked across the southern sky and disappeared into the west. It lit up my front porch like a giant candle. It was awe-inspiring and absolutely amazing.

It was big... It looked like an on fire basketball streaking across the southern sky.

edit on 15-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Like you, no sound.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So this video was posted a year ago?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
It don't mater when. It's just lively discussion.

mater or matter?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
It don't mater when. It's just lively discussion.

mater or matter?

The bright meteor streaked across the sky at around 9:30 PM, on December 6.

Reading the OP it seems as if the object entered this December so it does matter for those of us who are alert and watching solar weather.

We have fireballs all the time but to think a green fireball just came in with all the conjunctions and sun being in a deep minimum raises the discussion even further, that is to say if it wasn’t a year ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whatever you said, I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Why would I post a thread on a fireball that entered our atmosphere last year? Did I really need to include the year? If you clicked on the "YouTube" icon on the clip I posted, it clearly states that this event occurred 9 days ago, smh.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

No need to get upset I did click on it and the first time it said a year ago. Now it states it was this December. My apologies and yes many will post old videos without realizing its old.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We're good. I'm just grumpy from lack of sleep. Enjoy your day.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have seen similar before and that is a meteor, a fireball to be precise. What makes it a fireball is the apparent brightness. The apparent speed is correct in the first loop of the video. The speed appears slower than most would expect because it is coming in at an angle toward or away from the camera and not across the sky as most meteors are observed. Defiantly not space debris as that would look more like the Columbia breakup videos.

Nice catch there.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The Geminid meteor shower is supposed to peak tonight.
I was supposed to fly to Fredericton this weekend but I didn't make it.
Too much sugar and videos, I'll probably just stay home and listen to some James Taylor tunes tonight.
Those two smaller lights in the video looked interesting, are they moving together or is it two sides of something?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

It must be Tiberium ! the green crystals are calling!

edit on 15-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

what if it was a secret space project coming back to earth and using some sort of mechanism to turn heat energy to light and thats why it has such a persistent and long green color let alone the drastic slow down or better yet if it didn't slow down it turned

but thats crazy of course it was a bolide

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

The two lights in the upper left and traveling to the left are an airplane.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I do not think that it reached twice the brightness of the full moon as is the minimum brightness commonly used to classify it as a bolide. It was a fireball.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

i was honestly making a bad joke

very cool vid s&f
edit on 15-12-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm about an hour NE of the vid location and I seen it from my yard, very cool shooter, it wasn't as bright as that video made it out to be plus forum my area I was able to see it break up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join