It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the J-7E thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
While you can argue the design (Mig-21 family) is obsolete the plane itself has modern avionics and the double-delta wing make it very maneuverable. The PLAAF likes the plane and it has been used in dog-fights with Su-27s and has defeated the Su-27.

Post all J-7 or J-8 related news and links here

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lucretius are you chinese?
If not you have one mighty infatuation with china..because i've seen all your posts are china oriented on this forum..

The MiG 21 Bis will be competitive enough for the J-7 IMO

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My uncle is a retired USAF Colonel who flew both the F-106 and the F-15. He once told me he had an opportunity to get a "close" inspection of an actual Soviet example of a MiG-21bis and a MiG-23. He also had extensive discussion with USAF pilots who had "experience" flying both types of aircraft.

Most said the MiG-23 wasn't much to write home about, and that it reminded alot of those folks who flew it of typical 1960's vintage USAF types.

However, almost everyone who flew the MiG-21 thought it was quite a cool little airplace, that handled very well, had decent power, and was fairly simple to fly. If he had to compare it to a car, he would have compared it to a 1965 Mustang - simple, small, and full of spunk. It is not surprising that there is more than one company out there still making upgrades for this type of airframe.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Lucretius are you chinese?
If not you have one mighty infatuation with china..because i've seen all your posts are china oriented on this forum..

The MiG 21 Bis will be competitive enough for the J-7 IMO

I actually laughed at that one

Call it a passing interest if you will, I like to know which way the world heads... all signs seem to point to a chinese leadership in the future.

It makes common sense to understand your adversary no?

As for the question... no i'm not chinese nor have I any hereditory links. IN fact none of my family have even been... the closest being my grandafther during WWII when he spent his time first on Sumatra and then in a Japanese POW in nagasaki

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Indeed!!
But then I would have assumed you to be britsh, now then again after reading your your post I understand otherwise..

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Lucretius must be a spy, because he sure knows a lot of China's military
.... How many upgrader version are there of the J7? Theres a lot of designation. I guess the J7/EG is the most upgraded version of the family.

WEAPONS

Fixed weapon includes two 30mm Type 30-1 cannon with 60 rounds per gun in the lower sides of the fuselage. The J-7G only has one 30mm cannon. Four under-wing stores stations can carry up to 2,000kg of disposable stores (each unit rated at 500kg), typical weapons are PL-8, and PL-9 short-range AAMs, free-fall weapons such as 500, 250, 100 and 50kg bombs, and multiple launchers each carrying twelve 55mm or seven 90mm unguided rockets. Centre fuselage station and two outboard wing stations are pumped to carry 720 litre drop tanks.

^Looks like it still packs a bunch especially if flown in numbers

www.sinodefence.com

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
that is one ugly POS airplane god it is ugly this aircraft is not worthy not worthy

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
IMO the MiG 21 Bis is better than me but I just speculating..I don't know for sure..

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
IMO the MiG 21 Bis is better than me but I just speculating..I don't know for sure..

Yeah,Isreali stuff is probably one of the best in the world,especially their aircraft avonics and defense systems.

top topics

join