It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Gov. Threatening to use NG to Enforce Gun Control

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
As a Virginia boy who was raised here in southern VA I feel like weighing in...and it is even more appropriate as I am currently visiting for my brothers wedding. This Bill was literally one of the first things he mentioned after seeing him at the airport. Good f#%*in luck!

The average guns per capita here is off the charts everywhere outside of NOVA. I literally spent the night helping my bro secure firearms in his safes for his honeymoon trip. I think we might have locked down about 15-20 pieces. That's about the average for most folks I know around here some blow that out of the water by miles.

The laws proposed by the democrats elected here...not even sure how they got elected...will be ignored harder than the assault rifle ban in MA where like 2% even turned anything in. No NG troops will come do a thing most sheriff's depts aren't going to enforce a thing and state police aren't either. The culture in most areas are so opposed to this is comical.

While this is my opinion I just don't see anything coming of it based on what I have grown up around and experienced living here over 20ish years. In fact the democrats who support this probably just committed political suicide. GG dudes!

I was stationed in Norfolk and lived in Suffolk when I was in the Navy, but from all the people I knew there I'd say that the whole Hampton Roads area is packed full of people with a butt ton of guns. I'm talking everyone had at least one gun.

If and IF these things come to pass it won't be pretty.

And honestly as much as some of you harp on about people wanting a civil war I doubt it would get to that level, but it is long overdue for some politicians to be paid house visits.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No. You can only do that to people who are orange and Northam wore blackface. Since black is not yet the new orange ... he can't be impeached.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's sad is the fact that the politicians saying all this stuff won't be the ones on the front lines of this supposed war, it'll be you and whoever else you deem an enemy. They'll be sitting fat and happy in their luxury condo laughing at your gullibility in starting a war for them.

Not likely. What you suggest would require an unrealistic amount of loyalty to said Governor on the part of the National Guard.

And then after that, the President has the power to step in and countermand any order from the governor..

To be fair thats exactly what happened during Katrina, the local law enforcement and National Guard, went house to house confiscating weapons, and people never got them back.

So to say this COULDNT happen is a bit of a stretch, it already has.

The way you're presenting it is a bit of a stretch. Most of the people evacuated were riding in government vehicles, where firearms weren't allowed. Most of the guns confiscated were either illegally possessed or found in abandoned homes. The weapons confiscated from legal owners were also returned after. Though it required court order.

And this was a major natural disaster resulting in anarchy. I'm not saying it was right, but given those circumstances, they at the time believed this to be the best course of action, despite it being illegal. Where as this guy is planning on taking guns for no reason at all. Its an apples to oranges comparison.

Both are Democrats though, so I'll give you that.

I posted it like that because my brother in law and sister had the guard come to her door w a policeman and take their shotgun. 30-06, AR and revolver, all legally owned and no they never got them back, even after pursuing the local department for years after.....

No offense but you can "read" whatever version you like, it doesn't Trump facts

Everyone in their neighborhood that was still there had the same thing happen to them.

On top of that you can read accounts where these weren't fluke occurances, it was by design

Hey that's cool man, I know people that were down there too during it.

Sorry they had a different experience.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
After reading this.

SLides

The Virginia Governor is clearly RACIST.

edit on 15-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think the NG troops realize that this will be totally different than a foreign war. Their families will not be safely thousands of miles away, and by the current rules of engagement they are just collateral damage waiting to happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
So, the idea that the National Guard, originally the individual state's militias, might get used by the governor Ralph Northam (D) of Virginia to enforce new state gun laws is proposed by Rep. Donald McEachin (D-Va.).

This actually prompted the National Guard to respond to these remarks by McEachin.

"We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role," Maj. Gen. Timothy Williams, the Adjutant General of the Virginia National Guard, said in a statement. "We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard,"

Sounds like some tough talk for these Second Amendment Sanctuary counties making a stand against the proposed gun legislation.

Northam brought up the new laws after more than 70 places in Virginia plan on declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries. In Second Amendment Sanctuaries, cities have the option of not using public funds to enforce laws that could restrict the gun rights of residents.

News Week Article

Somehow I doubt the governor would have the Gaul to pull that one and I'm not sure if the Guard would comply with such orders. Let's see what governor Northam says, or doesn't say, about this proposed use of the National Guard.

If the national guard gets deployed in that situation I'll be grabbing my guns and heading their direction. Me and a hell of a lot of other people.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn

This is what the leftists want.

It’s not by popular consent, their rules must be enforced by arms.

To save Democracy of course.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is a good thing to have happen. The Guard and Militia, if it gets that far, will have to decide what "The OATH" means.
Obviously the politicians don't understand the oath they take, nor the laws of our republic.

But yet in fact, they do.
They have for the last hundred years, both Dems and Repubs, passed "law" to twist words and the "legal definition" of words and speach, to take from free men and women thier natural rights/freedom.... Which has already been purchased with blood.

A truthful evaluation of history will tell you that the "tax" for freedom is blood. Not "income", servitude or "compliance".

The founders did not agree on everything. But they did have common standards. Both social, civil and legal.

Which we do not have now. We, as a nation have allowed evil (a lack of standards) a voice. There will be a price ), "tax" to pay.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I bet none of the guard will abide by his law. These idiot Democrats think the public is dumb but they have another thing coming. Every one in the military swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and defend against all enemies FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. So Mr. Virginia Governor I would bet the first door you knock on you get what is coming to ya.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Sadly, this is nothing more than a furtherance of Northam’s anti-gun agenda. Over a month ago he refused to say he was opposed to confiscation of firearms by force. Now we know why.

Outside of northern Virginia there is a strong pro-gun culture in Virginia, and what we’re witnessing is what happens when a densely populated area tries to tell everybody else what they can and can’t do. The really sad part is that up until the last few days the NRA, which is headquartered in Virginia, had been largely hands off. The 2A sanctuary movement has been almost entirely grassroots with little to no big money support.

I live in northern Virginia but, not too close to the metro area ( thankfully lol). While my county has seen a tremendous amount of people moving from the metro area over the last 15-20 years, it’s still mostly populated with your regular joe, blue collar type folks. People around here were furious and still are when all this non sense started.

When the board of supervisors had a meeting to discuss and vote on making this a sanctuary 2A county... the turn out was absolutely insane!!! It made me proud to witness people stand up for their constitutional right! I obviously expected a decent amount of people to show but, it was beyond my expectations lol.

It passed of course

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, we're working on it.

It's why we elected Trump.

Well perhaps you missed it but he s an authoritarian asshole too.

Prove it.

Cite some facts.

Do it.

Do it now.

You're fired.

A gif is worth a thousand stars

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Oh were you also complaining this much about the rights of people locked in prison over a plant?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I used to be in the PWC area years ago, and was heartened to hear the board of supervisors talking about it.

And then disheartened to hear the incoming board state they’ll repeal any sanctuary action taken. Can’t say it surprises me given how PWC has changed since my time there, but still.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Irishhaf

Oh were you also complaining this much about the rights of people locked in prison over a plant?

Do we have an Amendment that specifically addresses the right of the people to keep and bear weed?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

The laws proposed by the democrats elected here...not even sure how they got elected...will be ignored harder than the assault rifle ban in MA where like 2% even turned anything in

Let me refer you back to a stat statement by dbcowboy earlier in this thread. You will find this quote near the bottom of the 5th page.

The government only does what we allow government to do.

Now it would seem that there's a huge disconnect between reality and perceived reality.

How did these so called democrats get voted in in a state t h at clearly has a majority gun totin country folk. Something just doesn't add up.

Either this is not a majority population gun totin country folk and is full of city slurping liberals or some numbers are being fudged and if I were a betting man my money would be on fudging.

Exactly

DEmocrat voter fraud

Glad you see it too

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

No one is Taking Any ones Firearms Away in this Country Unless they take the Lead First.......

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I had a feeling this leftist Virginia Gov and leftist polticans would push something like this could you imagine what would happen if leftists won the white house?

The next election this gov will lose for sure. This is what happens when you vote Liberal no matter where.
edit on 15-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

lol this sums up your entire ethos. it's perfect. I can't stop laughing, thanks for that!

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh but we like War...

More food for us...

We prefer the taste of pedovores and their mercenaries and those who prey upon innocence...

I'm sure most of you agree, it is a battle they will not win.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
All the commanding officer of the Virginia National Guard has to do is pick up the phone and call President Trump, and say "I have been issued orders the violate the constitution and the 2nd amendment, how should I proceed ? "
After all did they not take an oath to uphold the constitution ?
When Trump gives him orders to stand down, it's over. Now if a there is a democrat in office, then it's on.
This issue could turn Virginia red in 2020, 13 more electoral votes for Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join