It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Gov. Threatening to use NG to Enforce Gun Control

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Akkadian

The more I think about it the more I am willing to just say go for it. Try to steal the guns after firing all the law enforcement, assemble the National Guard, do whatever it is you think you need to do. Because the blowback is going to be absolute and decisive. And there will not be another attempt of such stupidity for a very long time to come.

Needless to say the things learned in Virginia will be applied far and wide from Virginia. And some officials will be smart enough to resign when they hear a whisper of such talk even casually. Including some seats in DC.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Same here. I don't want any bloodshed, but I'm getting tired of all these politicians saying they are going to do this or that and they don't. That goes for all politicians regardless of affiliation.

How do we know that so-and-so is actually at least attempting to do what they campaigned on or are saying they are working towards or pushing for? Hell, it's getting to the point that when I hear this governor say he's going to attempt to de-arm the populace I start thinking "Try it."

It reminds of the time what's-his-name Swalwell said something about threatening to use nukes against US citizens. Like what? Talk about the US losing all respect on the world stage. Our government would be considered worse than North Korea. That's right up there with the big baddies like Pol Pot, Hitler, and the rest of em. Our political leaders should not be allowed to talk or even jest in that manner.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I was born in Dublin/Radford in SW Va. I've still got family there. I grew up in Richmond and have family there, as well as up and down the Eastern Seaboard. (The history is long and complicated.) My family in Richmond and up and down the east coast are all Liberal Democrats, my family in Dublin are ardent supporters of Trump. (The two branches haven't met and I am the only one with a foot in both. As I said the history is complicated and a bit painful.) That being said, even the liberal side of my family thinks this is a piss poor idea, since they have a pretty good idea which way it will go. My family in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains are very much from the mountainman stock and it shows. I've hunted with my 70 yr old uncle and this man can shoot like very few I have ever seen. I'm a fair marksman myself and I can only hope to someday achieve his level of marksmanship. He's also a preacher and believes in the mercy and kindness of God, but he's already gearing up as are most of the people in the area. I don't believe that the Governor, nor the left in general, realize just how serious this is getting. I don't want to see a rebellion in this country, Id rather change things through the ballot box. However, if the balloon goes up in Va, I'll be there in less than 12 hours in full battle rattle and sporting a few 80% lowers I have hidden away. I will make death, destruction, and mayhem my companions until I fall or the flames die out.
I haven't yet seen if the Oathkeepers or the 3%ers have made any statements but after the standoff in Nevada with Cliven Bundy and the militias that supported him, I'd be willing to bet money a lot of them will come rolling in too.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

Thomas Paine

(Even if my son is one of those loopy leftists, I can still hope he will open his eyes as I did one day many years ago)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: BoscoMoney

The resolve of "cold dead fingers" is strong!

Bring it! Cut the head off the snake!

Molon Labe

Don't forget the Commonwealth of Virginia's motto:

sic semper tyrannis

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I bet Robert E Lee is rolling over in his grave at the state Virginia has become.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Thought some may want to see this video in regards to this topic.
Might want to get some walker talkies.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The real issue is how long would you last if they
come to confiscate. They're not going to knock
on your front door in an early morning raid.
Six through the front and six through the rear
while snoring for the majority will in all
practicality make any intention
for armed resistance futile.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised -Gill Scott Heron

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Come on VA liberals, smelly middle America Walmart shoppers who cling to our guns and bibles are just itching for a reason to wipe you off the map after 3+ years of you being unable to accept the results of an election.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
The real issue is how long would you last if they
come to confiscate. They're not going to knock
on your front door in an early morning raid.
Six through the front and six through the rear
while snoring for the majority will in all
practicality make any intention
for armed resistance futile.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised -Gill Scott Heron

It's not that simple in most cases. Even when a SWAT team or the Feds go to arrest a known criminal they usually don't just go busting in. They have no way of knowing if the house is rigged to blow, or how many occupants are currently residing at the location.

In most cases their presence is made known before any attempts at entry are made, and that's more than enough time for individuals to hole up and dig in.

Even if they didn't announce their presence and started going door to door arresting and/or shooting individuals it would start looking a lot similar to the Gestapo, and it probably wouldn't take long for things to get out of hand.

ADDED: The revolution may not be televised, but it most definitely will be streamed and uploaded online by mobile device. What a world we live in when almost everyone carries a miniature video recorder in their pocket.
edit on 19-12-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I'll last as long as my ammunition stores do.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If they actually do, it would spur the next civil war. Or at least hopefully and rightfully should, in my opinion. I despise and detest war due to my background. Ive experienced it firsthand. I was Army. 11B (Infantryman, for those that dont know). Earned my CIB my first 3-4 weeks in Iraq. Only a total of 5 months from when i first arrived to Ft. Benning, GA for basic training. War is not pleasant. No matter how ready you think you are, no matter how much you hype yourself up and tell yourself you’re ready. You most definitely are never ready. I still suffer from a great deal of PTSD from that event. I joined and fought because at the time i felt i was doing right by our nation and our people. I was defending our nation and its peoples. In that regard, i will undoubtedly do it again. As much as i detest war, i will NEVER stand by an allow anyone to dismember our rights. The second amendment was brought into being for a reason. THIS very reason. People in power do not want those below them to be more powerful. They have legislation. Rules we abide by to keep humanity civilized. But we have the true power. The power to make sure that they do not enact legislation/rules that would leave us powerless and enslaved. The founding fathers recognized this. That is the basis of the second Amendment. I feel if the NG was mobilized to enforce this, it either would lead to civil war or the NG would hold true to their oaths they took when they swore in and would say no gun owners found.
edit on 20-12-2019 by PhatalError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
An update of sorts.

Groups are forming in Kentucky, Ohio and I believe West Virginia to establish “Sanctuary Counties” for the Second Amendment. So the people of Virginia are not alone. Nor are they random in their thoughts.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Makes you wonder if the Governor has actually looked at the State Flag of Virginia. Pretty sure the citizens have and maybe picked up an idea or two. IDK, maybe it is just me but perhaps doing tyrannical things there isn’t such a good idea...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It'll be very interesting to see who blinks first.

My money is on the governor backing down, because they can always try again.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Black-Face Post-Birth Abortion advocate is increasing the budget, in case additional funds are needed for Gun Confiscation.

As if Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s wholesale attack on law-abiding gun owners wasn’t enough, the disgraced public official and his Michael Bloomberg-bought allies in the General Assembly now want the state’s hard-working taxpayers to foot the bill for their unconstitutional schemes.

The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.
Source: dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is a Pro-2nd Rally at the Capitol steps on Jan 20, 2020. The organizers are saying to open carry. Word is that a quick resolution/declaration is being made to make the area around the Capitol a Gun Free Zone. Lots of talk amongst groups from surrounding States to go support or hold a local rally to show solidarity.

Who is gonna blink?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the governor needs to stop this before he becomes the cause of the next civil war.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the governor needs to stop this before he becomes the cause of the next civil war.

What if they're doing it deliberately?

Seems to me they aren't doing this by accident.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is a very very dangerous, stupid game being played by an elected servant appointed by the people of his state. He works for THEM. He better get that through his f@#$ing head real quick.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join