It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What Happens Next Week If

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The lies, delusion and mad will continue to bubble away and soon we will see increased(already evident) violence by crazed Dems who can't understand why they aren't getting their way after crying for 5 years. Pampers will be issued as a stop gap. People will continue to see this and push back against this insane behavior and soon the Dems entitled heads will all explode in unison. It will be called, The Reeeeaning.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They won't censure.

After the last month.

Schiff running his mouth on talk tv.

They want impeachment, and have since Trump was elected. Pelosi confirmed that herself.

Lose.Lose for the most corrupt party in American history.

Trump never cheated in 2016. Democrats did.

Trump didn't ask Zelensky for dirt on Biden for 2020. Democrats did ask a foreign spy and peddled propaganda for the last three years during the 2016 election.

D's rigged their primary, and they rinsing and repeating what they did in 2016 for 2020.

Every single damn democrat needs voted out or impeached themselves for endless gross abuse of power.

Which we all know won't happen so it falls to us to make damn sure they lose in 2020.

edit on 14-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

.....but his greatest fear is that Senate Republicans will actually impeach Trump.

Right.........
edit on 14-12-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I think they have come to far now to not impeach.

edit on 14-12-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I didn't say it would work!!!

Just saying that's pretty much all they've got now...

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

My worst fear is Republicans turning on Donald Trump and removing him from office. Then they’d get to claim a moral victory and would hold the moral high card. And that would just enable them to continue their stranglehold on American politics.

This still just gridlocked congress for an unachievable goal.

If anything, it galvenized his base.

Dems would have been better off not doing this. I bet they lose seats because of how some will vote. No matter what, they'll piss of some of their own base, independents, and moderate Republicans.

A better move would have been to propose meaningful legislation, and if it didn't pass use that in 2020 if the nation agreed with that platform..

Wow, you just explained how it’s supposed to work. Sad it has to be explained at all.
edit on 14-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Typo

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

You inspired me.

You could turn that into an AOC meme

“How can impeachment be grasping at straws when straws are banned?”

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I really try to not get into AOC’s thought processes. But “Straws go into Peach Schnapps...and they are stirrers, not straws.”

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

I still want him to go all Cocaine Mitch and drag it out for payback. Humiliate 'em but good; peel back the corruption. Of course, too many Reps might get caught up in that.I sense that Ukraine was a general source of corrupt money for politicians.

Ummm...that’s the head scratcher right there...

If there’s this much cross corruption with Ukraine...you can for damned sure extrapolate that same level of cross corruption then exists...between every country that we deal with...

Quid Pro quo...is the norm...not the exception...

Pay for play...is the norm...not the exception...

And...then we give these corrupt bags of waste...payments for life...

Who the hell...wouldn't...want to sell their soul for some of that easy gravy...

And they all do it...each and every one of them...no matter their political stripe...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have said that for months, but as we get closer it seems the Dems are going to self destruct and actually go for impeachment. They are paying the price for the extremism they have created, and now the moderates are being dragged into a winless battle by their extremists in the party.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Here’s one with the right idea.

Something tells me that won’t be an isolated decision as November nears...

edit on 14-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: underwerks
Why wouldn’t they go all the way on impeachment? Do people really believe that Donald Trump being removed from office was the goal of any of this?

My worst fear is Republicans turning on Donald Trump and removing him from office. Then they’d get to claim a moral victory and would hold the moral high card. And that would just enable them to continue their stranglehold on American politics.

As long as they stay anchored to Donald Trump, their political party lives and dies with him.

As much as I would like to see the circus of a Senate trial, it would expose the President to the possibility of impeachment. Who knows what kind of drummed up evidence the left can come up with. They do have the assistance of some intelligence assets.

I wouldn’t take the chance.

Well it is almost certain they will impeach him next wednesday.
So my question for you is, should trump mount a debated defense with witnesses testimony and the whole shebang or should it just be both sides reading their case and that is all?
edit on 12142019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since one left the party completely. The magic number is 15 now. 15 House Democrats think about their re-election odds over Nancy’s Peach Party and the music’s over.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I know Trump wants the Senate Trial, but how bad would he gloat if Nancy can't deliver in the House?

What is the actual number as Amash has already said he would vote for Impeachment?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No one has done the nose count. That’s why Wednesday is the predicted day for the floor vote. That gives the weekend plus Monday and Tuesday to get the vibe on what the vote will be. If they don’t have the numbers nailed down look for Friday.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Pelosi ignores the prudent advice of a vote of censure rather than full on impeachment? If 16 Democrats vote no, it fails. If it goes to the Senate it fails. A censure itself is only a moral victory, but one that is attainable. And one that allows the most Democrats to keep from looking like abject incompetence to their own supporters.

A failed impeachment vote would be an embarrassment.
Killed by the Senate looks bad.
Censure looks weak, but at least it is a win.

Who cares? objectively, impeached or not....any 'swamp' is still a swamp, if the draining is not accomplished.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If anything, it galvenized his base.

When has his base not been galvanized? Who cares if the same fanatics aren’t swayed by any of this?

Trying to persuade Donald Trump cultists to vote differently is a lost cause. It’s wasted energy. There is no changing what they believe. Their hate for other Americans who think differently than they do eclipses anything else.

That's funny, that's exactly what we all see from your side.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Well it is almost certain they will impeach him next wednesday.
So my question for you is, should trump mount a debated defense with witnesses testimony and the whole shebang or should it just be both sides reading their case and that is all?

I used to think they should go balls-out and call everyone under the sun that was involved with this debacle to show the world just how corrupt the Dems and never-Trumpers are.

Then I listened (intellectually honest people do this) to both sides and now I think it's best to shut this down as the clown-show it has been and go after the real perps in separate investigations in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think.

My go-to thinking any time politics is involved is that these are intelligent people (after all, they managed to fool most of the population) and therefore they are following a logical, reasonable pathway to achieve their goals. The question is, what are their goals? Typically not what they say, of course, or their actions wouldn't be so... contradictory? So what i do is try to determine their true goals based on their actions instead of their words, and usually I can come up with something. In this case... nope. I got nada... well, almost nada.

Pelosi went out on a limb earlier by reversing her previous stance. Previously she had been dead-set against impeachment, and that made sense based on the realization of what many of us expected: Trump's poll numbers are rising in the wake of impeachment hearings that have practically no chance to remove the President. I suppose the Senate could be conspiring to actually reverse their position at the last moment to protect those in both parties, but that would also be political suicide. So why would the Speaker of the House suddenly switch her position? To my thinking the answer is obvious: there's too much dirt on her and her associates lying in Ukraine.

Ukraine is known for its corruption, and just got a new anti-corruption President that seems to be what he claims. That could be dangerous for anyone with skeletons in their closet. Pelosi's reversal came about the same time that Trump's phone call with Zelensky came to light, and that phone call did indicate the two were serious about exposing corruption. So if Nancy Pelosi has been playing in the Ulrainian dirt, of course this would cause her to panic and try even a long shot at pulling Trump back or preferably getting rid of him.

The same could be assumed for Shiff, Nadler, and the other Democrats in the House who are screaming for impeachment. That much makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is that McConnell is even considering a full trial. People might recall that Lindsey Graham is dead set against a full trial and is calling for dismissal. That tells me he has been playing in the dirt himself. Mitt Romney is likely in the same boat, just keeping quiet and hoping for the best. I would be amazed if there weren't more Republicans involved as well, and a full trial would likely expose them as well as Democrats.

All I can figure is this: the House has to at least try to impeach now... anything less will destroy what little credibility they have left. Censure is a defeat. McConnell will hold a vote to dismiss charges almost immediately and Trump will be livid... he can't afford to expose prominent members of his party (possibly including himself) to legal jeopardy. The Democrats in the House know this and thus will be safe as well (they think; I doubt Trump will cease his attempts to root out corruption, and neither will Zelensky). In the campaigns, Democrats will play to their base, blame the Republicans for dismissing the charges, and hope for the best. And the new year will see more attempts at and calls for impeachment again over the latest fantasy.

In other words, a nothing-burger. The real scoop is coming with the Durham report.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think the vote is going to be very close given this article

Now attending a party isn’t proof of anything in particular. But it does make for a close margin if they all vote no on impeachment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join