It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Already Attacking Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: TheRedneck

Read through his danged tweets!! His position on it is rather obvious!!

Some people are undefendable depending on viewpoint. Mitch is one of those for me.

His direction is corp oligarchy toward dictatorship IMO.

A single person in our government should not have this much power.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Democrats Already Attacking Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

We all KNEW when they took power during the last midterm we'd end up here.

WE ALL KNEW IT.

For sure as they're on record saying it prior to Trump taking office - Its all TDS and drivel frenzied up into excuse to impeach. If announcing they'll find a reason, any reason at all to impeach is not enough to convince someone just how contrived this is then there is no comprehension of reality for for those individuals.

Therefore I do agree they have no credibility for that reason as there is complete logic disconnect demonstrated.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Not mine, but relevant:
“The President has abused his power and obstructed Congress’ ability to hold him accountable for his actions. His use of military assistance to pressure another country to interfere in our election put our national security and our democracy at risk. The Constitution requires that after articles of impeachment pass the House of Representatives, the president must be given a fair trial in the Senate.

”Senator McConnell has promised to sabotage that trial and he must recuse himself. No court in the country would allow a member of the jury to also serve as the accused’s defense attorney. The moment Senator McConnell takes the oath of impartiality required by the Constitution, he will be in violation of that oath. He has effectively promised to let President Trump manage his own impeachment trial. The Senator must withdraw.”

Two points:

1) The Executive branch and the Legislative branch are equal. When disputes arise between the two branches, the Judicial branch acts as arbiter. The Supreme Court has already confirmed that it WILL arbitrate, so any notion that the President is obstructing Congress is actually a claim that the Constitution obstructs Congress. Obviously absurd on it's face.

2) That the President used miltary assistance to pressure another country into interfering in an election is a claim that has no basis in fact. The Constitution also provides the President with complete power to enforce the law. That means he can initiate investigations when he feels one is warranted. There is no evidence at all - and I mean none - that shows that he did it to interfere in an election. That Joe Biden is running for office is irrelevant if there is reason to investigate his actions.

Read and re-read the above 2 points.

They are the water tight points that means the Senate, barring any political game playing - will throw this impeachment out.

On the other hand please feel free to challenge those points - but do so with specific evidence, not opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then you're one of the precious few anti-Trump people who have not made the racist claim. Personally, I'd be loath to throw myself in with the rest if that be the case.

As for Mitch... I'm not worried that you call him "Moscow Mitch." All that does is indicate your bias, which you have a right to. What I am addressing is your continual attempts to say what others are thinking when you have no idea. McConnell did himself adopt the moniker of the "Grim Reaper" (which in some ways mirrors my adoption of "Redneck") so I certainly don't have a gripe about that. I consider his refusal to try and get bills passed which are obviously against his constituents' wishes admirable... every one of those bills would have harmed the country, and as a Senator, he is not required to roll over for whatever the House wants.

But again, I am not complaining about you calling a politician a name... I support Trump and yet I have referred to him as the "Jack-O-Lantern in Chief" before. I am complaining about this tendency you have to assign thoughts to others and then condemn them for the thoughts you assigned to them, when you really have no idea what they are thinking in the first place.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The stupid thing about it all...if they had focused on finding a decent candidate with cross the party line appeal, and building a platform that would appeal to the majority of the independents... they have a real good shot at winning.

Instead for 3 years its been shout down anyone with a differing opinion, and orange man bad.

they had 16 in the bag... ran the worst campaign in history and lost to donald fricking trump, now they have set themselves up to lose because in 3 years they still dont have a platform that will appeal to the average middle ground voter that still wants to make a better life for their kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So basically Mitch will give the Republicans the kangaroo court they have been screaming about for the Senate trial. The American people lose again.

Both parties suck but too much of the population is stuck on the left vs right facade to accept this and vote for a third party candidate who not a corporate whore sell out.

Trump is clearly guilty of at least obstruction but the Republicans Senators and his fan base will ignore this. Meanwhile the Democrats are doing themselves any favors. They can't even find a worthy.presidential candidate for 2020.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

And, you see yourself innocent of this??
I've interacted with you too much on these boards to believe that one.
Heck, any given day I can come on these boards and find thread after thread started by the right for the sole purpose of telling us what the left is thinking, what they are intending to do, and let the demonization commence.
And, you do seem to be involved with them.

I've called trump a racist? Heck senator Graham has said much more unkind words in that respect than I ever have.
But continue on..

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Imagine expecting an elected official to actually govern honestly and work for America instead of their political party.

What a crazy idea.

I know, you should tell Pelosi and Schiff.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Trump is all but guaranteed re-election now because you're out of ammunition.

Redneck you had a grammatical error, let me fix it for you...

Trump is all but guaranteed re-election now because you're ALL out of YOUR LIBERAL MINDS.

Much better

edit on 14-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
So basically Mitch will give the Republicans the kangaroo court they have been screaming about for the Senate trial. The American people lose again.

Both parties suck but too much of the population is stuck on the left vs right facade to accept this and vote for a third party candidate who not a corporate whore sell out.

Trump is clearly guilty of at least obstruction but the Republicans Senators and his fan base will ignore this. Meanwhile the Democrats are doing themselves any favors. They can't even find a worthy.presidential candidate for 2020.

If prosecutors come to a court with a ridiculous case it gets thrown out and the prosecutors rebuked.
Why would a Senate trial be any different?
No court is obliged to listen to accusations with no evidence or lack of standing.

For you to suggest that Trumpis 'clearly guilty of obstruction' tells me you have very little clue about separation of powers and the role of the three branches.

edit on 14/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Some people are undefendable depending on viewpoint. Mitch is one of those for me.

Odd, you haven't said the same about Adam Schiff.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The President Needs Right Now a Full Trial in the Senate . He and his Counsel Need to be able to Call Witnesses in their Defense , and Also Question ALL PARTIES Involved . Only Fair Thing to do in a Free Country , NO ?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And, you see yourself innocent of this??

Maybe not completely innocent, but I do try and keep an open mind at least. I actually try to make an argument besides "so-and-so is thinking this."

Every argument you have is based upon what someone else is thinking. The House Democrats are impeaching the President based solely on what they say he is thinking. I watched most of the hearings, and that is the only 'evidence' they have. All of the testimony is purely circumstantial and speculative, but emphasized by these mind-reading fantasies.

You yourself have "he thinks" in practically every post. Can you not just take a step back and admit that, maybe, just maybe, you are assigning the wrong attributes? "He thinks" is never allowed in any court in the land, precisely because people can so easily ascribe the wrong attributes. None of us know what the other is thinking, and even when we think we know, it is necessary to question our assumptions.

Is it even possible that you are misinterpreting statements? Can you even get that far?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Please compare them - - then explain.

So, that I'm clear on your meaning.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Shiff has no room to talk about anything being unfair, he wasn't even there when they were supposed to be voting on their BS articles, which makes me think that he knew that they were going to drag it out and then postpone the vote

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I'd bet good money that Pelosi is working overtime to ensure that the vote takes place at the right time when they are sure of having enough votes to pass impeachment. That tells me the passage is not a sure thing at this point. Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ) is already switching parties over this upcoming vote.

Recall that impeachment votes have already failed twice.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Please compare them - - then explain.

So, that I'm clear on your meaning.

Oh, I think you know exactly what I mean.
Still wondering why the leader of the house, who isn't even involved involved yet, has too much power whilst little Adam's behaviour escapes your ire?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I mean, most of us know he will never be convicted and removed anyway, but when McConnell has the audacity to not even give the appearance of impartiality, then yeah, he deserves to be attacked.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I mean, most of us know he will never be convicted and removed anyway, but when McConnell has the audacity to not even give the appearance of impartiality, then yeah, he deserves to be attacked.

I think you're confused. This is Mitch McConnell:

This is Adam Schiff:

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I see points of having the trial and not. I for one am sick of the crap and think they need to get back to work but I am also interested to see how far down the rabbit hole this will go because it is going to get interesting

IF they do have a trial the Republicans better be ready to eat their own because I think they will find there are few of them in the middle of the onion once the layers start coming off.

If it does go to trial I hope to god all voters take some time to do some research on their own because the spin and BS from both sides of the aisle will be thick but the trial it may be a necessity in order to purge the system and get some fresh blood into the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join