It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Already Attacking Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Confident that the articles of impeachment will most likely be voted through by the House next Wednesday, Dems are now attempting to discredit the Senate by smearing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

House Democrats are already bracing for defections among moderates, since there are 31 who represent districts Trump carried in 2016.

They also know that polls show that many Americans, especially Independents, are growing weary of the Democrats push for impeachment.

Back in November:

Half of Americans said they approve of the impeachment inquiry — about the same as the poll found last month. Respondents are also split on whether they think Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

the overwhelming majority of Americans across parties say nothing they hear in the inquiry will change their minds on impeachment, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

www.npr.org...

From 2 days ago:

independent voters in key swing states are turned off and Republican voters have finally woke up.

President Donald Trump defeats every Democrat in the latest polling by Firehouse Strategies, with Optimus in the battleground states of Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The president won by an average of 6 percentage points in hypothetical match-ups against all current Democratic candidates in the latest poll.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Democrats know that their goal to impeach President Trump comes to an end once it reaches the Senate. So, what strategy do they now embark on?

Five days before the House vote on impeachment, they ridicule Republicans, by describing their support for President Trump as being "shameful" and then attempt to discredit Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Last Thursday, Adam Schiff ripped Republicans for defending President Donald Trump on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” and yesterday, Representative Karen Bass (D-CA) and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), accused Mitch McConnell of "undermining the credibility of the Senate."

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Representative Karen Bass (D-CA) called on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to recuse himself from the Senate’s impeachment trial.

LINK

Mitch McConnell potentially controls a lot of votes through the sway and influence he has over his fellow Republicans. That’s why he should really take himself out of this coordination with the White House, meeting with lawyers. He’s undermining the credibility of the Senate, not just himself.”

LINK

There are other Democrats speaking out against McConnell coordinating with The White House on the looming Senate impeachment trial. They're getting worried, because they realize their impeachment trial will soon be exposed for what it really is...a sham.

"He's working hand in hand with the White House, with the President's attorney, and yet we're supposed to expect him to manage a fair and impartial trial?" said Florida Democratic Rep. Val Demings when asked about McConnell's remarks. "I think he should recuse himself."

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington called the coordination "ridiculous."

"I think it is outrageous for the chief juror who is organizing the trial to be coordinating with the defendant," Jayapal told reporters.

LINK

Since Mitch McConnell controls the Senate, he can run the Senate trial anyway he pleases. At least there won't be any more "closed-door meetings" in the basement of the Capitol.

The Democrats had their fun in the House. Now it's time for Republicans to produce the "facts" that the Democrats excluded from their hearings.

That is the reason why they're getting nervous. If Democrats are concerned about the polls now, just wait until their credibility goes up in smoke, once the facts come out at the Senate impeachment hearing.
edit on 12/14/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
One problem...
We've been "smearing" Moscow mitch long before the ukraine bit...
Dont think the impeachment had much to do with that. But some of his actions of late just gives us more ammo to use against him.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The left have openly become the small cowards that they always were.

They have a failed party, an extreme ideology, a lack of understanding and respect of the Constitution, and a need to enact authoritarian rule.

They really were going to screw us over if Hillary, The Death Queen of Vomit had won.

Just look at what they're trying to do to overthrow an elected president now!

They ignore the rule of law, bastardize a Constitutional process, openly lie, cheat, manipulate with their leftist allies in the media.

They will destroy America if given half a chance.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The left have openly become the small cowards that they always were.

They have a failed party, an extreme ideology, a lack of understanding and respect of the Constitution, and a need to enact authoritarian rule.

They really were going to screw us over if Hillary, The Death Queen of Vomit had won.

Just look at what they're trying to do to overthrow an elected president now!

They ignore the rule of law, bastardize a Constitutional process, openly lie, cheat, manipulate with their leftist allies in the media.

They will destroy America if given half a chance.

They already have destroyed America.
Just look at what is actually happening.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
One problem...
Dont think the impeachment had much to do with that. But some of his actions of late just gives us more ammo to use against him.

perhaps if you spent a bit more time trying to find a candidate who isn't a douche, it would do your party better than trying to spend all your energy "smearing" your opponents.

dems are a sad one trick pony.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Imagine expecting an elected official to actually govern honestly and work for America instead of their political party.

What a crazy idea.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And that's where you messed up.

Believe it or not, most of the American public is not interested in your "Democrat good - Republican bad" philosophy. Most of us are looking at (or trying to look at) the economy, trade deals, domestic crime, and the prospects for the future. But we can't see that any more because we keep hearing about how we have to impeach the man who improved the economy, is negotiating better trade deals, and is at least trying to reduce domestic crime.

We see you, playing your "Democrat good - Republican bad" cards. We see you trying to smear others because they're not Democrats. We see you attacking average people for not voting the way you think we should. We see how everything under the sun is racist in your eyes unless you approve of it... then it's not a problem. We see you hating America, wanting to put us back in the financial chains Obama had us in, wanting to further remove healthcare, wanting to drive honest, decent Americans out of America and replace them with lawbreakers. We see you.

And we're tired of it. You've been smearing others so long so hard that it doesn't mean anything any more. That's what the poll mentioned in the OP was talking about... those who are in that group you refer to as "you" are so deeply involved in destroying others over ideological difference, they will never succumb to logic or reason, and the rest of us are so damn tired of the lies we don't believe you any more and just want you to go away.

Donald Trump, now, really could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose a single supporter... because no one would believe it. Heck, the guy he shot would likely not believe it. That's how little credibility you have left. So now when you try to smear Mitch McConnell, all we hear is "blah-blah-blah-blah," sort of like what Charlie Brown's teacher sounds like.

I know life-long, staunch Democrats who have either left the party or who now look at their candidates with disgust. Doug Jones had better make sure every single person in Alabama knows he opposes any impeachment attempt or he is toast to whoever runs against him next year... a three-day-old biscuit on the Republican ticket can beat him otherwise. I know Independents who have either switched to Republican or who might as well have... they wouldn't vote for a Democrat right now if Beelzebub was running Republican.

And you still double down. Oh, well, why not? it's not like you have any credibility to lose...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And we see you. Head in the sand as always. Hypocritically accusing Democrats of a “Democrat good, Republican bad” narrative, while engaging in the exact same thing for your favorite team.

Donald Trump, now, really could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose a single supporter... because no one would believe it.

And you’re so turned around you actually blame that on someone other than yourself. And to top it off, you say all this in support of Mitch Mconnell, a man who proudly calls himself the grim reaper because he kills every bill that Democrats favor over nothing more than spite.

You are everything you claim to hate about the other side. Which thankfully, eventually dooms your ideology to the dustbin.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

And we see you. Head in the sand as always. Hypocritically accusing Democrats of a “Democrat good, Republican bad” narrative, while engaging in the exact same thing for your favorite team.

Donald Trump, now, really could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose a single supporter... because no one would believe it.

And you’re so turned around you actually blame that on someone other than yourself. And to top it off, you say all this in support of Mitch Mconnell, a man who proudly calls himself the grim reaper because he kills every bill that Democrats favor over nothing more than spite.

You are everything you claim to hate about the other side. Which thankfully, eventually dooms your ideology to the dustbin.

Umm NO. What he said just destroyed any and all credibility you even imagined you still had even in your own mind. Everyone else can see it, so why can't you? Because delusions.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

And we see you.

No, you don't. You see racists and haters and ignorant hicks everywhere you look. That's not us; it's just your little fantasy.

Come next November, you'll once again be crying over what could have possibly gone wrong, how could this happen, is everyone insane? What you won't see, even then, is that it is you who are being rejected. It is you who are the causes of most of the problems.

But you will see one thing: the conservatives now hold a solid majority on the Supreme Court. Trump is all but guaranteed re-election now because you're out of ammunition. The Senate will remain Republican, and might even reach that unheard of 60% supermajority. And the House will turn back red.

At that point, we will have a precedent: might makes right. If winning a single majority in one house of Congress is justification to try and overthrow the government and negate 63 million votes, what is winning both houses and the Presidency justification for?

Use your imagination...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It appears to me as if there are very few moderates left in the Democratic Party. My grandfather would be spinning in his grave.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All I see is both sides accusing the other side of the exact same thing they do.

There are only a few issues that differentiate the left and right.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Democrats rotate through personal villains. McConnell, Barr, Jesus, Trump, NRA, Whitaker.

McConnell is the current "villain of the week".

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

One of the requirements of being considered a viable candidate is that you have become a corrupt douche with enough skeletons in your closet to take you down if enough of the other douches decide you should be..
Political party is irrelevant, that rule applies to mitch and trump also.

But, ya know, it's fine for mitch to think to himself that the impeachment will get to the house and trump will be just let off the hook regardless of the evidence. It's okay for other republican douches to just not bother looking seriously at that evidence because their minds have been already made up. That is all just the sad state of affairs in washington that has existed for quite some time and both parties are guilty of it. What is new is how public they are about it. If this was an actual trial and these guys were called up and expected to sit on the jury, they would have disqualified themselves with these types of statements.

And, let's look at trump for a few minutes..
Before hes even in office, theres jr with his if it's what you say, I love it and trump with his russia if you are listening bit along with quite a bit of questionable activity that puts us on a three year journey through hell. Okay, people make mistakes and Mueller couldn't really prove much outside of a few obstruction charges. Trump is let off the hook.
But, now we have the ukraine bit.. pretty much the same thing only instead of russia its Ukraine and china if you are listening... and rudy is off in the ukraine putting our staff that has been working there into a state of what only could be seen as chaos!! I dont know if trump intended to coerce the ukraine into anything, but I am convinced that somehow between trumps words and ukraine, that was what the message had turned into. And, if it is such a sure thing that trump would be reelected as is claimed by the right, why dig biden and crowdstrike up now? Why not let the sleeping dogs lie. He was off the hook and he just had to find another hook to bite on. Another means to keep the dems busy worrying about the election meddling. Another way to keep us divided.
No, it's not the liberals doing this to the country... its trump and a group of republicans who cant reign in him so they are acting as unwisely as him.
This wasn't the first time russia approached a potential presidential candidate, they did it before. Only that candidate placed the interest of the country before his political ambitions.. he didnt say if it's what you say, I love if or russia if you are listening, he took the story to the press and blew Russia's scheme out of the water... and then just in case they didnt get the message, he announced he wouldn't be running for president. But that was back when even the douches had at least some integrity.
There was a point I was aiming to make, but I am tired and need to throw something in the crockpot for supper. Guess it will have to wait.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

He did say its in the bag for the president even though they have not been presented with the evidence yet.
He said the jury is on the side of the defendant.
Y'all love to whine and cry about things not being fair but it seems you really don't recognize it when you see it.

They have to take an oath to be impartial. HA! I seriously doubt any of the GOP will keep that oath.
They will all have their fingers crossed behind their backs.

The fix is in.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There are only a few issues that differentiate the left and right.

Very true. The big political divide is over one single issue as I see it.

One side is wanting to debate and find solutions (even if their "solutions" lead to more problems). The other side wants to shut down debate, demonize their opponents, and are just fine with others attacking their opponents physically.

One side accepts defeat and tries to make the most out of it. The other side wants to slander, lie, and even overturn elections when they experience defeat.

That one issue is the key to all the political strife. There was once a time when I respected Democrats for their core values. That was before they wanted to overturn an election, before they became silent over Antifa attacks on innocents, and before they literally opposed the very same policies they had only a few years earlier claimed to support, over party. I cannot respect the Democratic party any more. They have truly become the party of everything I do not stand for: destruction of entire cultures, subjugation of citizens, and promotion of unscientific fantasy as science.

Get over that, and people will likely be shocked at how much I actually agree with the "liberal" agenda. Just not the "progressive" agenda.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You support a proudly corrupt and unethical person just because you hate another group of people so much.

Username checks out.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

But, ya know, it's fine for mitch to think to himself that the impeachment will get to the house and trump will be just let off the hook regardless of the evidence.

Here's you some evidence: not one single witness called by the Democrats in any House Committee hearings has been able to state that Trump is guilty of a single charge. Not one. Every one has been asked if they thought Trump was guilty of any crime, and every single one has said "no."

The only evidence is hearsay, conjecture, and imaginative narratives, none of which is even admissible if we are following legal principles.

The Constitution does not allow Mitch McConnell to toss out an impeachment case even if he wanted to. But it does allow the Senate to vote on whether to proceed when that case is severely flawed and unsubstantiated on the surface. All Mitch McConnell can do is call for a vote on summary dismissal of the charges. The Senate makes the decision, and the Senate has a Republican majority elected by the people.

Right now the pressure from the White House is for McConnell to not call for a summary dismissal. I hope he doesn't. I want to see the trial occur. I want to watch Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Jerry Nadler, and whoever the whistleblower is called up on that witness stand, placing their hands on a Bible, and swearing to tell "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God" under penalty of perjury.

If you had any idea of what a Senate trial will do to the DNC, you would be on your hands and knees praising McConnell for wanting to throw out the case.

TheRedneck

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I support someone whose policies are in line with my own.

As is my right as an American citizen.

Oh, and you can forget the slurs abut my username. That name was given to me by people a lot like you many many years ago. You can think of it as my "deplorable." You're not even in the same league as some of them... come back when you've learned how to insult at my level.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Imagine expecting an elected official to actually govern honestly and work for America instead of their political party.

What a crazy idea.

Imagine expecting individual voters being responsible enough to elect politicians that would do the work of governing instead of spending 95% of time attempting to trip the other guy/party up by hook, crook and anti-constitutional made up fake legal invented on my congressional desk action imaginable all the while spouting oh so innocent Pollyanna platitudes of righteousness as cover for hatred of your own country.

In my view these actions are those born of desperation knowing prison or worse is on horizon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join