It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always a First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I guess there's a first time for everything.

I clicked on an ad today on ATS. It was something I actually needed (amazingly), and something I'd been looking for at work. When I clicked on it I actually got the information I had hoped to, and the product was actually better than I thought. In this particular case the ad was for some commercial lighting. But here's the thing...(advertisers and marketing folks might want to take notice of this!)

The advertisement was presented in a non-"baiting" way. It was factual, not flashy. It didn't show some photoshopped animal with 3 heads or a flying unicorn-giraffe. It didn't repeatedly flash on my screen to annoy me. It didn't promise to boil the oceans or solve world hunger. It just presented a product. It didn't promise to be free, or to make me rich. It was just the product. And, it got the click. It even got saved to favorites for later use.

Maybe advertisements should just get back to basics.

Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You probably liked the ad for the reason that the ad was based on your search histories, and therefore brought up a product that was fitting the criterion you recently searched for.

Google and friends spend a lot of time developing such algorithms.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Maybe OP’s need to get down to basics instead of using lame over exaggeration and humour to try and make a point. Just sayin’.

But.. I do get your point.. adds that play to the common sense and no gimmicks technique have always attracted me more than those with really lame humour.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah, for some reason ... I have a pop-up for Chrysler on my sidebar right now. I have no idea why. I can get why I have the Knott's Berry Farm one - it's work related. The creepy one is the Cremation Society one that keeps showing up.
edit on 14-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You got that Le Perla lingerie one too, huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yep...can't wait to try it on!

I think the back hair will add a nice accent.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

DB has you solidly outdone in the back hair department. It's like he's wearing mohair pajamas.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

**Grunt...scratch scratch**

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Not sure abou that. Husband has what I lovingly call the "Back" Forest.

new topics

top topics

join