It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old in hospital after beating over a Trump hat

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The "honoring" of One on One - - doesn't work in an environment of gang mentality.

No, but you can confront track them all down at a later date.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Sorry AM but little Johnny fighting back against a gang of bullies is not going to solve the problem..

You're right, better to be their punching bag and get concussed.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You honestly think poor johnny fighting back on a bully is going to teach a bully a lesson ?

100%.

Then you're a damn fool who supports the perpetuation of violence instead of conflict resolution by example. Your mentality is the exact same response that a school shooter has. Think before you act is what you preach, so practice it. Violence is a temporary solution to a problem that can only be solved by acceptance and understanding.

If you don't get that, then you're just another ape with a club.
edit on 14-12-2019 by Knightshadowz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I like this country but I hate half the people in it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Knightshadowz
Then you're a damn fool who supports the perpetuation of violence instead of conflict resolution by example.

How do you 'resolve conflict' when someone decides to walk up and become violent with you for the sole reason of intimidating you?

Your mentality is the exact same response that a school shooter has.

What a retarded statement. Punching a bully in the mouth does not equal bringing a gun to school and shooting random classmates. How goddamn stupid.

If you don't get that, then you're just another ape with a club.

Better that than some jerkoff's doormat.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Sorry AM but little Johnny fighting back against a gang of bullies is not going to solve the problem..

You're right, better to be their punching bag and get concussed.

Running away is an option.. fighting back in no guarantees little johnny won’t end up with a concussion. It could very well be the straw on the camels back of one of the bullies that really causes him and / or his buddies to go ape # on him.

Your method of dealing with the bullies in no way ensures the future safety of the victim and does in fact often escalate the problem to another level.

Rather for a boy being bullied by a few to curl up and cover his head.. then vainly try to fight too many in a blind rage and seriously lose an eye .. or worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The "honoring" of One on One - - doesn't work in an environment of gang mentality.

No, but you can confront track them all down at a later date.

I am a logical realist.

First - - try to keep your child/grandchild out of any situation that he can be attacked (of course not always possible).

If this is a youth/teen/young adult situation - - allow for maturity in future years.

Your "enemy" could become your friend, co-worker, subordinate, or even your boss. Never waste energy on negative.

However, cleverness is always an option

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Sorry AM but little Johnny fighting back against a gang of bullies is not going to solve the problem.. seen it.. the bullies gang up and retaliate more until it escalates into mini type gang wars.. until the adults step in from all involved and demand peace or else.

You sure about that? because I remember when i was in Jr High, and was bullied every day by the same two kids for months. Until one day I had enough and my anger and rage blinded me and i beat one of them to a pulp. They never bothered me again and i gained something called confidence.

You wont get anywhere in life unless you confront your adversary, otherwise that dark cloud will follow you for the rest of your life through other people.

There is something called FORCE and Self Defense. I highly suggest everyone use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Sorry AM but little Johnny fighting back against a gang of bullies is not going to solve the problem.. seen it.. the bullies gang up and retaliate more until it escalates into mini type gang wars.. until the adults step in from all involved and demand peace or else.

You sure about that? because I remember when i was in Jr High, and was bullied every day by the same two kids for months. Until one day I had enough and my anger and rage blinded me and i beat one of them to a pulp. They never bothered me again and i gained something called confidence.

You wont get anywhere in life unless you confront your adversary, otherwise that dark cloud will follow you for the rest of your life through other people.

There is something called FORCE and Self Defense. I highly suggest everyone use it.

... and they could have very retaliated at some later date and both beat the hell out of you.

I’m happy your situation ended up well for you, but I know for a FACT from experience it doesn’t always end up that way.. and there have been alternate methods that have produced better solutions.
edit on 14-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

During that moment when you are pinned against the wall ? You're going to get a concussion anyways whether you retaliate or not. You may as well go down punching. Because the moment you show fear that is when the bullies have you in their corner. Bullies usually go for those who don't fight back. They look for people who seems weaker than they are. As long as the person doesn't fight back, the bullies will just keep coming back for more.

Have you seen this story about Cassey on the news a few years back?

I know its not pretty. but if you allow people to walk all over you, you are doomed to be walked over for the rest of your life. Thats not living, its literally hell.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I know its not pretty. but if you allow people to walk all over you, you are doomed to be walked over for the rest of your life. Thats not living, its literally hell.

I think if you read my posts more carefully from the beginning you would see I suggest alternate methods of dealing with the bullies that carry far heavier repercussions and motivate their parents into stopping their child’s behavior. Don’t let them get away with the bullying but go through the proper channels to teach them a hard lesson.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: SoulSurfer

I think if you read my posts more carefully from the beginning you would see I suggest alternate methods of dealing with the bullies that carry far heavier repercussions and motivate their parents into stopping their child’s behavior. Don’t let them get away with the bullying but go through the proper channels to teach them a hard lesson.

In my experience - - bullies have parents that are bullies.

Or the complete opposite - - they're afraid of their own child.

You ever seriously gone to a parent about their kids behavior?

Idealism is a nice word - - not much else.

edit on 14-12-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I’ve seen it done by principals of schools in their office , when I was a witness to the bullying and had to be there. Some parents are very quick to want to correct the behaviour of their boys or girls, as well as advocate for better understanding and communication between the parties. The parents that refused to deal with their child’s aggressive tactics were told that it would not be tolerated and their child could face permanent suspension as well as the parents facing a civil lawsuit from the victim’s family. It’s amazing to see how quickly that makes those parents care.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Running away is an option..

Yeah, I guess that kid could have run out of the back of the bus.

...fighting back in no guarantees little johnny won’t end up with a concussion.

No, but at least he stood up for himself.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I’ve seen it done by principals of schools in their office , when I was a witness to the bullying and had to be there. Some parents are very quick to want to correct the behaviour of their boys or girls, as well as advocate for better understanding and communication between the parties. The parents that refused to deal with their child’s aggressive tactics were told that it would not be tolerated and their child could face permanent suspension as well as the parents facing a civil lawsuit from the victim’s family. It’s amazing to see how quickly that makes those parents care.

The only thing the parents care about is how it will disrupt their lives. Or how it will make them look. It is rare to find the parent of a bully who actually cares about the kid. (Understand we are not talking about all kids. We are talking about bullies)

I'm on my "third" generation of raising kids. I raised mine from the early 70's. Helped raise my now 25 year old grandson, my 18 year old granddaughter, and now have guardianship of my 11 year old grandson.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
All I'm saying one well placed THIS IS SPARTA kick and this wouldn't have been a story.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
instead, most of you would then be arguing the opposite, haha, say I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
instead, most of you would then be arguing the opposite, haha, say I'm wrong.

Right? 'Oh, he hit a girl! A black girl!'

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I ****ing love you man.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join