It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omg this PROVES it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
...Says everyone who’s posted a pic or video of a dot moving in the sky or something they themselves couldn’t explain. The world of UFOs and EBE is a very interesting and fun world to explore, but riddled with misinformation and everyone seems to KNOW the TRUTH yet nobody’s “truth”is the same as the next guy.

Why do we entertain such wildly unproved ideas and more importantly why do folks believe so deeply in aliens without physical evidence they can see for themselves? It seems to have a manor of religious or spiritual aspect to it where these issues are approached and discussed as matters of faith, rather than discussing what is or isn’t. There is a lust for “disclosure”, this idea that daddy government knows all there is about the topic and is slowly giving us drops of truth so we are ready to handle the epic weight of the phenomenon. All these things seem to be feedback loops of lore discussed endlessly where we’ve cemented what is and isn’t without proof to ourselves. I want to believe, I want to see something yet all we have and discuss is people’s beliefs and attempt to explain radar or indiscernible footage of a few pixels moving.

So if we are unable to provide ANY evidence that proves what this phenomena is, can we move forward and instead discuss why our psych seems to need and long for this to be a specific outcome? It’s fascinating how we all seem to “know” something without ever seeing it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

can we move forward and instead discuss why our psych seems to need and long for this to be a specific outcome?

because..once reasoned...within the constraints of our own psyche...it seems more logical than not that this "specific outcome" is unavoidable.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You're saying everyone thinks the same thing, most people see a UFO don't think aliens, they think I wonder what that is. I don't think aliens are darting about our skyline, they likely exist all over the cosmos but what's the chances of them hanging about our back yard, to play with our heads... I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

First lets examine the word psyche

psy·che1
/ˈsīkē/
noun
the human soul, mind, or spirit.
"their childhood made them want to understand the human psyche and to help others"

The word Psy in Greek means Soul. So psychology is really the study of
the soul. Big clue fr ya!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

why do folks believe so deeply in aliens without physical evidence they can see for themselves

The same reasons that people believe in God. There is no physical evidence he exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The universe is evidence of something tho isn't it?

What would you prefer?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
So if we are unable to provide ANY evidence that proves what this phenomena is, can we move forward and instead discuss why our psych seems to need and long for this to be a specific outcome? It’s fascinating how we all seem to “know” something without ever seeing it.

For most skeptics there is no "evidence" that qualifies as real evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

For most skeptics there is no "evidence" that qualifies as real evidence.

i like to use the " What type of evidence argument"

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Came for title, left for clickbait

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Came for title, left for clickbait

I thought the same but everybody on a forum has the right to ask legitimate questions, as much as they have the right to ignore the question.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
...Says everyone who’s posted a pic or video of a dot moving in the sky or something they themselves couldn’t explain. The world of UFOs and EBE is a very interesting and fun world to explore, but riddled with misinformation and everyone seems to KNOW the TRUTH yet nobody’s “truth”is the same as the next guy.

Why do we entertain such wildly unproved ideas and more importantly why do folks believe so deeply in aliens without physical evidence they can see for themselves? It seems to have a manor of religious or spiritual aspect to it where these issues are approached and discussed as matters of faith, rather than discussing what is or isn’t. There is a lust for “disclosure”, this idea that daddy government knows all there is about the topic and is slowly giving us drops of truth so we are ready to handle the epic weight of the phenomenon. All these things seem to be feedback loops of lore discussed endlessly where we’ve cemented what is and isn’t without proof to ourselves. I want to believe, I want to see something yet all we have and discuss is people’s beliefs and attempt to explain radar or indiscernible footage of a few pixels moving.

I like to believe that the Universe is festooned with alien life because the opposite is a frightening prospect, although not one which would really impact on my life and also not one that could be proven, either. True, that the phenomenon really does enjoy evading capture by our technical trinkets, our fumbling ability to produce solid evidence and always seems to be on the periphery of perception.

I like to think that mystery, whether it be alien visitation, ancient technology or metaphysical and mystical experiences, gives us humans something to stimulate interest and conversation and the prospect of not being entirely alone in existence takes away the weight of depression.

How boring would a straight-forward, no-nonsense existence be, anyway? I guess the need for mystery and the unknown is and always will be part of the human psyche.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I've seen a few UFOs now and at least one of my sightings was unexplainable by our knowledge of the physical universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Care to elaborate why? a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great contribution, perhaps my point that much of this subject is click bait flew right over unidentified. a reply to: hombero

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I also believe there is life besides our own planet in the universe, but an unexplained moving dot in the sky becomes alien beings? Inter dimensional? Etc, how these conclusions are reached and then repeated as fact by many is I think a comment on ourselves, not the moving dot. a reply to: fromtheskydown

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Reading many threads here the comments would disagree. a reply to: ManyMasks

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Im not arguing against questions, im arguing against forgone conclusions with a lack of evidence. a reply to: fromtheskydown

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You mean like God? a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

How boring would a straight-forward, no-nonsense existence be, anyway? I guess the need for mystery and the unknown is and always will be part of the human psyche.

Quite true and if it wasn't for that, none of us would be posting here right now.

Technology thrives on dreams.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That's fine but people are not going by their experience on the matter, but their own subjective belief systems or/and the crowd, that is fallacy. And it's why they are called sheep. I don't believe or disbelieve because I simply do not know. I've read the secret doctrine and much of the claims by HPB are historically factual in the sense that other cultures have stated them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join