It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Gay Jesus to Destroy the image of Christ

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
if a single netflix film can - to quote the OP title :

" desttroy the image of christ "

then ...............................

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
if a single netflix film can - to quote the OP title :

" desttroy the image of christ "

then ...............................

It could also destroy the ethics of western civilization ?
Not likely, but the erosion of morals and ethics always precedes a collapse.
What this tv spot is trying to communicate is a deception, which in my view should be called out for what it is.
It mocks the culture that made it possible.

A stupid TV spot can not destroy the image of Christ, Christ was willingly persecuted to physical death, and held fast after that for over 2000 years.

It is more likely to destroy the image of Netflix.

edit on 000000120528125America/Chicago15 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Bloodworth

With so many getting into the streaming business, and so much overlapping of shows, I think this is not the smartest move that Netflix could make at this time,
unless it is trying to change its viewer base.

I have found its choices a bit lacking and I don't particularly care for its leanings.

I have Hulu and Firestick. Will trade Netflix in for a newcomer, in the near future.

I enjoy hula much more......Netflix is gone in the next few days with me.

The chices are very very bad from when I 1st subscribed 8 years ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The more people freak over stupid things like this film, the more power you give the people that want to destroy the image, if you turn the other cheek and ignore it or even out right laugh at it like its a bad joke then you undercut what they are trying to do.

Another thought is the more people freak over it the more it becomes a potential "bad" thing that might appeal to younger folks.

Least that's my nickles worth over this stupid.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Check this out....

09/19/2017 Netflix Removes an Episode of a Kids' Show Because There Was a Penis in It

Netflix learned this lesson the hard way thanks to the show Maya the Bee, an animated show about a talking bee named Maya. The Mirror reports that a mother in the United Kingdom took to (where else) Facebook to express outrage at what she claims was a drawing of a penis in the background of Episode 35 of the 2013 show, which was available on the streaming giant. Sure enough, that's a dick

It's amazing, it took just one person, to get this Disney show removed.... Netflix acted quickly and pulled the penis-portraying episode.

Yet over 1 million petition for the removal of depicting a perverse Jesus = crickets from Netflix.

If Jesus was literally portrayed as a animated dick on Netflix, I'd bet we would still get crickets......

Now if it was some other religion depicted this way..............

What Would Netflix Do?
WWJD ; )
edit on 15-12-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

It is more likely to destroy the image of Netflix.

Netflix keeps shooting itself in the foot. When I first joined Netflix it was to have the DVDs mailed directly to my home where I could watch them, pop them back in the mail, and send for another one. It had a lot to do with the demise of Blockbuster's.

When they started their streaming option, and DVDs started to lose favor, they jacked up their prices and lost a lot of customers. I have noticed their movie choices seems to lean toward a lot of foreign movies, and they like to push the envelope. I didn't mind it at first, because there was enough other stuff to watch, but the quality and the choices are both dying in my opinion, and I can find almost everything I do like to watch on Netflix, someplace else.

Netflix can't afford to lose millions more viewers. Bad move, unless they are going for the underground customer base or is trying to get bought out. They passed on being bought up by Blockbuster's which got bought up by Dish.

I still think their days are numbered.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm holding out for the "Demigender" Jesus, but it might be awhile working through the other 57 genders though.
edit on 15-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You could literally substitute Muhammad for Jesus and this doesn't get made. I want to see people deny that FACT. Go ahead.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My Jesus hooked up with Mohammed via Grindr. They eventually got bored so they called their favorite mohel. That's when things got fun! Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
You could literally substitute Muhammad for Jesus and this doesn't get made. I want to see people deny that FACT. Go ahead.

It's not too late for them to work a Muhammad cameo into the film

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Been said multiple times on this thread already. No one's denying it. Chill.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
But is Santa in the movie?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

If Jesus was literally portrayed as a animated dick on Netflix, I'd bet we would still get crickets......

Now if it was some other religion depicted this way..............

What Would Netflix Do?
WWJD ; )

I'm sure if you made a decent animated movie with an Allah/Dick man that they thought would no doubt play it if it made them money.

I doubt it's as personal as you seem to be taking it.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If the market dictates, Netflix will not be repeating it. If people like it and it gets ratings, there will be more

Lets face it thought any portrayal of Jesus as anything less than a bearded white man, it bound to raise hackles

And honestly the Church has done more to damage Jesus with its outright denials and obstruction regarding the molestation issue than this B or perhaps C rated movie ever will

edit on 12/16/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

On Wednesday, January 8, a Rio de Janeiro judge banned the parody “gay Jesus” Netflix film, ruling that showing the film “would harm a society that is mostly Christian”.

Netflix has won an appeal at Brazil’s supreme court to overturn the ban imposed this week on a Christmas film that depicts Jesus as gay

*giggles*

So much for the christian extremists and their biblical tolerance. Busted!

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

On Wednesday, January 8, a Rio de Janeiro judge banned the parody “gay Jesus” Netflix film, ruling that showing the film “would harm a society that is mostly Christian”.

Netflix has won an appeal at Brazil’s supreme court to overturn the ban imposed this week on a Christmas film that depicts Jesus as gay

*giggles*

So much for the christian extremists and their biblical tolerance. Busted!

A film could show people screwing sheep, which offends millions of people, but it is 'freedom of speech', and the supreme court allows the film to play in theaters!

Thus, anything at all could be deemed as 'freedom of speech', could it not?

Something that offends 2 million people enough to sign a petition against a film that is overtly trying to insult people of a dearly held belief, is abuse of speech, it is not freedom to go out and attack, or demean others, and trying to get away with it as 'freedom'.

If it was about Jews, what would happen? Do you think it would be allowed, or banned?

They'd ban it, for sure. It would be called 'anti-semitic', a 'hate film', and so forth. The people who made the film would be in prison for their hate crime, or punished in some way, for sure.

What would make it any different than a film insulting Christians? It's not hard to figure out...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Thus, anything at all could be deemed as 'freedom of speech', could it not?

You guys...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If it was about Jews, what would happen? Do you think it would be allowed, or banned?

It is, Jesus was a Jew.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: turbonium1

It is, Jesus was a Jew.

Must have been awkward around Christmas time with the family.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Must have been awkward around Christmas time with the family.

Yeah, poor Joey, knowing his wife hooked up with their son.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join