It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Gay Jesus to Destroy the image of Christ

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I think people piss and moan too much. Whine about freedom of speech until it goes against something you believe in- then it's an attack and must be stopped!

There is a wonderful device called the "remote control". Use it and rather than cry about what is on change it to something else. Or better yet cancel your Netflix subscription.

I am a Christian but am not so full of myself. While I wouldn't watch that particular movie one of my favorite comedies is Rapture Palooza. Just because I love Christ it doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Knocking down statues that offend you is good. It's been defended on this site.

Pushing to eliminate Columbus Day is good. It's been defended on this site.

Banning people from burning the Koran is good. It's been defended on this site.

But now we're all supposed to be behind free speech and free expression?

heh.

I defended Netflix on page 3 of this thread, but I'm not partisan in my defense of free speech, not saying you are, but the problem exists when only a small group defends all speech and larger groups only defend their speech.

When I start seeing the leftists defending ALL speech, then I might start believing that they are honest and sincere.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Knocking down statues that offend you is good. It's been defended on this site.

Pushing to eliminate Columbus Day is good. It's been defended on this site.

Banning people from burning the Koran is good. It's been defended on this site.

But now we're all supposed to be behind free speech and free expression?

heh.

I defended Netflix on page 3 of this thread, but I'm not partisan in my defense of free speech, not saying you are, but the problem exists when only a small group defends all speech and larger groups only defend their speech.

When I start seeing the leftists defending ALL speech, then I might start believing that they are honest and sincere.

Don't know why you're coming at me with that- I defend every American's right to freedom of speech and every other right granted under the Constitution and amendments. Just because some defend certain actions it doesn't make them legal or Constitutional, but last I checked offensive humor is still covered and I support their right to air that crap.

And BTW: In case you haven't figured it out neither of the ends of this right/left loaf of bread are honest and sincere. Leftists want my guns and the right wants to over ride control of my body and would both gladly violate my Constitutional rights.
edit on 13-12-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: atrocious spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

. . . not saying you are. . .

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So, "The King of the Jews" was gay?
Now the dots are beginning to connect...

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

From what I've seen both you and DBCowboy are both very vested in rights and freedoms. Which I respect both of you for.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Such a class operation, Netfilth!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I find this disrespectful and blasphemous. Just like 1 in 10 people are narcissists, so too is there a percentage of people who like sucking their own d*cks. Perhaps forgivable ?. Self love is the opposite of Christ's teaching.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: Vector99

Iron Man black girl.
New Batman black dude.

Seems like someone in hollywood has a race obsession. As for the new Iron man featuring that girl i don't think it would last very long. It wont be long before marvels bring back the original iron man.

Hollywood are cucks it seems.

You forgot the new James Bond - I mean 007... black (possibly lesbian) woman.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Never seen Dogma, have you,OP?

Alanis Morissette as god REALLY riled people the hell up back then.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Again, this wouldn't be nearly as annoying if society were even handed in its irreverence ... but it's not. Treat other groups and religions like they treat Chrisianity, and the outrage mob comes for you. Thing is that the outrage mob isn't just people of this or that group, but also people who get offended on behalf of that group.

No one gets offended on behalf of Christians. Instead, they deserve it. They take the same approach with other majority groups - they deserve it.

So it reveals something even there. Comedy has gone from poking fun at our various foibles to all being mean-spirited ridicule akin to bullyying. Why else is the knee-jerk reaction taken by the outrage mongers either that you're hurting others or that you deserve to be hurt? Comedy used to about laughing together.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So they gave up trying to tell us to say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas and make us take down our nativities in public spaces and just went full blown made up nonsense....

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: thekaboose
Ever think that Christianity is a easy target because most Christians will laugh it off and not threaten to murder everyone involved in a film (or in the past...a cartoon?).

A majority belief system that people do not go murder rampage over if mocked or questioned.

Very true at least in this age. When countries stopped being Christian theocracies the Christian murder rampages took a steep dive.

Muslim theocracies are still murder rampagey. Yet another good reason to get rid of theocracies.

Communist China is an athiest authoritarian totalitarian state, and yet the managed to murder 45 million in Mao's great leap forward. Stalin was an athiest and killed at least 20 million. "Christian theocracies" never come close to this number. Its not worship of God that gets people killed, its thinking YOU ARE GOD.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
That just goes to show how poor your understanding is on this subject (Y)
Jesus is a strange transliteration of Iēsous which is a Greek translation of Yeshua, or the English tranlsation of Yeshua which would be Joshua. It means 'Jehovah is salvation'.
Things get lost in translation.
Jews would not be looking for a Messiah from gentile.Greek lineage.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They are so jealous of christianity this is all they got...

Netflix is on the way out for me with all the strange indian films I'm inundated with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

With so many getting into the streaming business, and so much overlapping of shows, I think this is not the smartest move that Netflix could make at this time,
unless it is trying to change its viewer base.

I have found its choices a bit lacking and I don't particularly care for its leanings.

I have Hulu and Firestick. Will trade Netflix in for a newcomer, in the near future.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's no different than portraying the joker as a poor mentally ill victim of society.

But hey its just a movie right?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Didn't watch that one. Won't watch this one.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wouldn't Atheism be more redeemable in that respect, due to the fact that the allowed themselves to keep count an confess their sins or wrong. Were as Christianity instead of keeping a bunch of skeletons in a closet, lost count because writing could of been forbidden at one or another?

And yes, communism uses an atheist platform, all the while giving a bunch of government power to one person, which is ironically called a big government considered a religion?
edit on 14-12-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Again, this wouldn't be nearly as annoying if society were even handed in its irreverence ... but it's not. Treat other groups and religions like they treat Chrisianity, and the outrage mob comes for you. Thing is that the outrage mob isn't just people of this or that group, but also people who get offended on behalf of that group.

No one gets offended on behalf of Christians. Instead, they deserve it. They take the same approach with other majority groups - they deserve it.

So it reveals something even there. Comedy has gone from poking fun at our various foibles to all being mean-spirited ridicule akin to bullyying. Why else is the knee-jerk reaction taken by the outrage mongers either that you're hurting others or that you deserve to be hurt? Comedy used to about laughing together.

That's what happens when those who control the media, insult and mock one, and only one, religion, they wish to destroy, and when they go about it, like this, they get away with it, because they control what is told to the world, and what is not told to us, and what is wrong, what is right. And if ignorant, foolish people keep buying all their crap, as many do, we are in big trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join