It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Gay Jesus to Destroy the image of Christ

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

The letter J did not exist 2000 years ago so the word Jesus did not exist then.

Ok then try saying something about Muhammad that way and see kind of reactions you would probably gain if you say it publicly in the streets. Its easy agaisnt Christians to claim that Jesus didn't exist because you believe so, but its not easy if you say the other way around.

I am not surprised why LGBT activists are targeting Christians and Jesus with this movie proclaiming that Jesus was gay etc. They again easy target compared to other religions.

Now if more and more Christians come out agaisnt this movie or series in large numbers Netflix could have problem.
edit on 13-12-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am old enough to remember a time when certain things were held sacred, even if just out of respect for the feelings of others, I do think of others when posting and their feelings.

OH well, nothing I say really matters.

There is a thousand ways to argue the point.

Guess I will cancel Netflix is sucks anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bluntone22

Would it also be bad taste if they portrayed Mohamed this way?

Go down to your friendly neighborhood mosque and ask...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

As if you cowards ever would.

Meet Azhar Usman, and add another character to your wall of shadows under a rock.

We Christians killed each other over less than satire more than once, and maybe we should do so again. Deus vult!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Meh. It's hilarious. I hope they do one about Mohammed and every other silly religious character.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So you want to use violence to further your fantasy religion? How very just and civilized.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Read about Columbus. He was a terrible person. There is a lot wrong with the holiday. Not only was he a cruel person who did a lot of harm to natives, but he is often misrepresented in schools.

Shouldn't we have a day that is attributed to a more important person in American History who wasn't a slave trading native destroyer?
edit on 13-12-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well i would get rid of it and maybe replace it for another significant person in history who wasn't a monster.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Well i would get rid of it and maybe replace it for another significant person in history who wasn't a monster.

How was Columbus a monster?

I agree he didn't "discover America" per se - but what heinous acts did he commit?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

www.history.com...

Slavery, disease, and destroying natives.... Some heinous acts..

www.independent.co.uk...

Varela told the Spanish daily El Pais: "Life in the colony in these first seven years was hard and terrible. There was a great deal of hunger, envy, rancour and rumours of all sorts. It was a primitive, insular life, rather like what we see in Western films."She said people, including white Spanish slaves, were auctioned in the main square of Santo Domingo. "We hear of a poor boy who was caught stealing wheat grain. They cut off his ears and nose and put shackles on him and made him a slave. Columbus ran the colony with an iron fist.

They teach pg disney history in schools and that's why Columbus is treated as a revered hero explorer, and not as the cruel man who decimated native populations.

omrf.org...

In Hispaniola, Columbus’ first stop in the Americas, the native Taino population (an indigenous Arawak people) had no immunity to new infectious diseases, including smallpox, measles and influenza. There were an estimated 250,000 indigenous people in Hispaniola in 1492. By 1517, only 14,000 remained

These are all from a quick search and read. The knowledge and truth about Columbus is so easily accessible, yet we still celebrate the holiday..

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

That's pretty much my point, yes. I'm using overstatements a lot, you'll get used to it.

Thanks.

edit on 13-12-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

It totally looks funny

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Because he totally said, "Hey, let's give those natives our diseases because we are completely aware that they have never been exposed to them ..."

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So you'd get rid of something, banned something, because it offended you?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm about to ban Netflix from my bank account.

I have no freggin idea why I keep it.

ETA:

Hulu is just as bad with 'Progressive' snip.

edit on 13-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: putnam6

As if you cowards ever would.

Meet Azhar Usman, and add another character to your wall of shadows under a rock.

We Christians killed each other over less than satire more than once, and maybe we should do so again. Deus vult!

Don't catch sarcasm much do ya

Here we go bringing past generations into an overly politically correct world. What does that have to do with anything at all. God wills it

According to scholar Bruce Lawrence, satirizing yourself and your own community is a tradition in Muslim literature and arts — and so is mocking people in power. "Political satirists are among the boldest people in the Arab and the Muslim world," he says. Those people include Bassem Youssef, known as Egypt's Jon Stewart. Youssef's satire took aim at politicians and the Muslim Brotherhood, and his show lasted two years before folding under pressure.
edit on 13-12-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

"Comedy", huh ?
So, when are we going to see a comedy mocking gays ?

Oh, right...the second of Never...PC SJW protected class

Imagine the libtard outrage that would cause.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As a Christian I think this stuff is best ignored. Pity the people filled with hate, don't feed them more fuel.

Bigots are what they are. They do it to get a rise out of people and they are all the same. We have plenty of bigots among our own ranks, ourselves. We can't claim victimhood.

Christian haters, Muslim haters, White or Black supremacists are the same people, different targets. Some people are just bad and will find someone to hate no matter what. They are best ignored out of existence. They do love to show off their adolescent hate it seems.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Read about Columbus. He was a terrible person. There is a lot wrong with the holiday. Not only was he a cruel person who did a lot of harm to natives, but he is often misrepresented in schools.

propaganda against the man who brought Christianity to America. : P

Maybe it's why Netflix has sacrilegious shows in Spanish and Portuguese....

Columbus’s voyage is the result of Latin America having the highest percentage of proclaimed Christians than that of any other part of the world.

The political left has actively worked to undercut our religious freedoms in the US... so now they're attacking the heart of Christianity in Latin America..... it all makes sense now! : O

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Of course goats , I really didn't think that through, likely donkeys and mules too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join