It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Gay Jesus to Destroy the image of Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Saying we laugh it off isn't quite right, but you're correct when you say no one risks life or limb doing this.

It isn't our place to attack over mockery ... of course when you point this out and mention that we're one of the most persecuted groups worldwide, we get accused of having a persecution complex, but let this sort of thing target people online and it's called cyberbullying. You can't freely parody entire victim class groups even under the umbrella of comedy either, but Christians, like whites, like men, are free targets.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Christian's have two ways to react to this. Like adults, shrug and laugh it off, or like psychopathic children aka Muslims.

Either way, the whole thing is stupid. Jesus wasn't gay, if real, him and Mary (Not his mom Mary, the other one) were a thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is my theory of tv quality.

Years ago, there were 3 or 4 channels available to watch in most places. This means that to make new programming for all them, only 4 hours per hour need to be created. This number is actually way high because the broadcasts were not 24 hours a day and not all new. This was mostly considered good at the time. Now we have 500 to 1000 channels, this means that to have new material on just 25% of the time, we need 125 to 250 hours of programming made per hour. Assuming creativity has doubled, the quality has been reduced to roughly 6.4 to 3.2 percent of what it once was. This does not take into consideration that almost all channels are on 24 hours a day now, that would make the quality number much worse.

This means more channels gives you more crap. The material being discussed is an example.

"They do not build them as they once did." Teal'c

edit on 12 13 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Bluntone22

Would it also be bad taste if they portrayed Mohamed this way?

Only if homosexuality is a big no no in Islam.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Technically any portrayal of Mohammad at all is enough to kill someone by the Islamic faith.

I'm at least I'm not a hypocrite. I may not be fan of organized religion, especially the Abrahamic religions. But unlike many on the left, I recognize that in terms of which is worse, Islam surpasses Christianity by far.
edit on 12/13/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'm with you on that one.
I don't believe to praying to one moon god or another.
I can at least respect Christians for things like the ten commandments but not Islam with its treatment of women and children.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I recognize that in terms of which is worse, Islam surpasses Christianity by far.

Presently, this would be true concerning violence anyway, but the early Christians up to and through the middle ages were great examples for Islam to learn from.

edit on 12/13/2019 by Klassified because: oopsies

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm aware. I'm also painfully aware of how many Christian cults can be almost if not as bad as the Islamic faith. I've seen some of the results of that first hand.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You said it yourself: cult. A cult by any name is bad business. Heaven's Gate was a cult and not Christian in the slightest and they all ended up dead. NXIM (Iforget the exact letters) was another one that operated at the highest levels of society starving and branding its members.

edit on 13-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

So Christians learned and changed their ways?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not all cults lead to death of the cult like that. Many groups defined as cults are bigger and more widespread than you would think. Point being the Christian faith is often used by cult groups because it works very well for them.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So Christians learned and changed their ways?

Like most of modern society. Look at society in general all those years ago and none of it was very pretty.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Probably because it's a widespread and generally acceptable faith more than anything else.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Free expression!

Have to defend it, I think it's crass and rather tasteless, but then again, I won't watch it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Wow -- gay Jesus. So brave and strong. Maybe next year they make zoophilia Jesus where he seduces all the animals to board the Noah's ark; Which is biblically inaccurate of course, but so is gay Jesus so who cares, amirite? This is progress right?

If netflix didnt have all the power rangers shows for my boy Id cancel this garbage. Maybe im better off just buying all the series and dumping it anyway...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I didn't say it was all good. I've seen some stinkers and whether they like it or not it will be seen as a political stance. They will never in all the years allow a film to be made that is anti-Muslim or Anti-Jew etc by allowing these types of films they are basically saying "It is okay to make fun of Christianity but that's where we stop it". They may not mean it to be one but it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Maybe Mary was his cover story when people asked if he was gay!

Jesus never said he was not gay

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What a bunch of idiots.

Why can't things return back to the way they were in the past where people actually get into the Christmas spirit and make Christmas shows and programs. Keep the spirit of Santa Claus alive for the kids, too. Damn. We have an overabundance of pasty 35 year olds still living with their parents and adults in Congress acting like children, but we can't continue pushing real children stories about Santa for the real kids. This country is going to remain ass backwards until we find a way to push progressives out of businesses like Netflix and other agencies.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Well I always thought Jesus Christ Superstar seemed kind of gay...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join