It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Gay Jesus to Destroy the image of Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I kind of wonder how much interest it will garner
I don’t think most people care and can’t imagine the average person will care to watch it
Hope they have dead pool reruns

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I'm not religious at least not part of any real religion. I decided to make mine up a long time ago and would normally have said something like "Oh who cares. It's a stupid film that very few will actually watch so get over it" but now I'm kind of agreeing with those who have commented that this is just wrong. Now I'm not saying that they can't make a film about Jesus being gay or being BI or being from Mars or anything they want. My problem is twofold:

The first is that you could take this as a political statement from Netflix in the sense that they have to okay the film being on Netflix. They are sent a copy of the film (from what I gather) and review it and decide if it is okay to go on their streaming platform and if they do then surely you could say they were making a political statement by allowing it on there.

The second thing is that if Netflix is willing to stream films like this then I have a script waiting that talks about a certain religious figure being akin to the rat catch from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but we know that it wouldn't be made. My rule is that EVERY RELIGION CAN BE MADE FUN OF. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

If this is all it takes to destroy Jesus then maybe Jesus is not as powerful of a God as people think.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So what is it really saying about Christianity between the lines - that Christianity is so far of the true pathways that it would cop anything due to unrivaled distortion no matter how ridiculous the notion.

If you are a real christian it certainly isn't "comedy" but rather something quite the opposite on many levels.
And
You cannot destroy a image of something that is in reality so destorted and twisted it's already destroyed anyhow.

What is the "image of christ" anyway????? Oh those pictures we've all seen over the years - please.

Its not the why how or for what reason this stuff gets airtime but it's certainly a conscious descision to watch it...or give it airtime here??????

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So what if he was a shirt lifter?

I don’t see an issue with that in your so called Holy bible...

As long as no fiddling with kids is not involved then I am OK...

Sadly fiddling with children can be found if one digs in deeper into ALL Religions and you sick perverted people know so...

Enjoy your religious perversions.

Prove me wrong...

Lags

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Netflix regularly represents Christianity in a demonic and perverse manner while through repetition normalizing the blaspheming of Christianity.

If this kind of thing didn't happen, then the bible would be wrong, and the bible can't be wrong.

The LGBT community has expressed dislike for the film because of the movie’s stereotypical portrayal of gay men.

They'll get over it. This isn't the first, nor will it be the last movie that portrays LGBTQ...etc/et al people in a stereotypical fashion.

Over 1 million people join petition demanding Netflix remove Christmas satirical comedy which suggests Jesus was gay

They'll get over it too. Don't like it, don't watch it. Better yet, vote with your wallet. Unsubscribe from Netflix.

Last i looked on Netflix it was littered with Bangladesh trans-gendered films, so I guess it's no big deal if your a liberal atheist.

Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal if you're a conservative theist. As already stated; don't like it, don't watch it and unsubscribe. The majority of people in the U.S. claim Christianity as their religion. If enough of you unsubscribe, Netflix either has to change or go bankrupt.

To be fair, I wonder if Netflix will show other world religions in a negative perverse way?

This is your best point. Of course they won't portray other religions the same way, especially Islam, because they are hypocrites and cowards.
edit on 12/13/2019 by Klassified because: PunKtuation

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Post removed by staff

Yeah, I seriously doubt Netflix is gonna' make that one! You know why? Because they know full well the jihadi's will be hunting them down like dogs and dismembering them in public for real!

But it's okay to make jokes about Jeezus all they want! They know the Christians and the Joo's won't do anything.

Those fun loving jihadi's.
edit on Fri Dec 13 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm an atheist and have no issue poking fun at religion but this one crosses the line of good taste.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ha, all of these ridiculous spiritual pipe dreams deserve nothing but open mockery!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I see the Obarna's impact on Netflix is starting to show.

I imagine both Barry and Big Mike will be fans of this show.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As I understand it:
Jesus is literally translated as the son of Zeus.
Christ is from Christos which is the Latin name of the Egyptian god Horus sone of Isis.
The letter J did not exist 2000 years ago so the word Jesus did not exist then.

Considering all this, one of the sons of Zeus, he had many, is going to make Horus look bad or mes up a painting of him. Is this right? With all the sones Zeus had, I am sure at least one could be considered gay.
I really don’t understand the controversy on this.

Please disregard my first post on this threads as I forgot that the discussion was limited to this planet.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Pssst. Hey you with the remote in your hand... Yeah you......
Change the channel if you dont like what you see.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I thought Jesus loved hookers.

Now he's gay.

What's next ?

Transgender.

The political agenda is clear, and I'm gonn a do a very unchristian thing to do,because I am sick of turning the other cheek.

# Netflix.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

As a subscriber I can promise you that not all netflix content is good. Honestly.
Thats just the way it is.
But I doubt that netflix is political.
Guys get a grip. Not everything is politics.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Would it also be bad taste if they portrayed Mohamed this way?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Mary Magdalene was not a hooker. Not until King James made her one.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I dunno...ask Salman Rushdie.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
Ever think that Christianity is a easy target because most Christians will laugh it off and not threaten to murder everyone involved in a film (or in the past...a cartoon?).

A majority belief system that people do not go murder rampage over if mocked or questioned.

Very true at least in this age. When countries stopped being Christian theocracies the Christian murder rampages took a steep dive.

Muslim theocracies are still murder rampagey. Yet another good reason to get rid of theocracies.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Why does this bother you?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Christianity has been poked fun of countless times. Is a new comedy going to change anything?

And when it comes to making fun of Islam... well.. even south park didn't do that. At least not directly.

Point of order, they did. It was Comedy Central that neutered them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join