It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRAVO to the British population for electing the strongest Conservative majority since Thatcher !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Aww... good old Schadenfreude, innit?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i'm disappointed with the result but philosophical. life goes on.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: M5xaz

Stock market boomed out another record when it opened because of this, too...

Conservatism just wins all the way around. People in every civilized country are starting to take notice.

At some point people will realize that the stock market and gdp do not represent the situation for the majority of the population.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Cheers! Amazing victory for the Cons.

My friend was running for MP here in Workington, which is traditionally a Labour stronghold, and he absolutely obliterated the Labour candidate.

The pound is up, Brexit will now get done, and wee Jimmy Krankie can sod off with her second Scot referendum, they voted in 2014 to remain, and remain they shall, stronger together.
edit on 13/12/19 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Yeah. No. Too Big To Fail, mate.

TBTF.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Brexit will now get done

Just because it says Brexit on the tin doesn't mean it contains Brexit.
Unless Johnson goes back to the EU with his mandate in hand to renegotiate the deal Brexit won't get done , a rebranded Theresa May deal will get done and pretty much everyone saw that as a bad deal , beware Tory lies.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He was pretty much forced into that by the opposition blocking a no-deal Brexit, and him trying to keep his promise of getting out by the previous deadline. He addressed the backstop issue, which is what they (the opposition) opposed in Theresa May's deal, only for them to oppose it again when he gave them what they wanted.

I think now, with a majority, we will end up going back to the drawing board, and probably end up with a no-deal exit.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The country REJECTED your leader and your ideology. Overwhelmingly.
You don't seem to like Democracy at all.

I like a democracy that's fair. There's very little chance of getting a leader like Corbyn elected on promises of making corporations pay their fair share of tax when billionaire tax dodgers control the majority of the media feed. It's an obvious conflict of interest and to even consider that it's democratic is a JOKE.

Add to the mix that people are so easily brainwashed these days and it's easy to see why things have turned out the way they have.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Brexit will now get done

Just because it says Brexit on the tin doesn't mean it contains Brexit.
Unless Johnson goes back to the EU with his mandate in hand to renegotiate the deal Brexit won't get done , a rebranded Theresa May deal will get done and pretty much everyone saw that as a bad deal , beware Tory lies.

The deal Johnson did that kick in at the end of Jan is just to leave officially, with a host of strings attached UNTIL a full deal can be reached on the ongoing relationship.
The ACTUAL deal hasn't even been agreed yet, but now NO DEAL will be firmly back on the table as a negotiating position. The EU will now have to be the ones who compromise.

edit on 13/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

The country REJECTED your leader and your ideology. Overwhelmingly.
You don't seem to like Democracy at all.

I like a democracy that's fair. There's very little chance of getting a leader like Corbyn elected on promises of making corporations pay their fair share of tax when billionaire tax dodgers control the majority of the media feed. It's an obvious conflict of interest and to even consider that it's democratic is a JOKE.

Add to the mix that people are so easily brainwashed these days and it's easy to see why things have turned out the way they have.

Yawn.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I think now, with a majority, we will end up going back to the drawing board, and probably end up with a no-deal exit.

I hope you're right , that deal is the main reason I didn't vote but he said today we will definitely leave Jan 31st so I suspect that deal is the deal he will go with.
We ( Northern Ireland) will remain in a customs union and we will still be bound by the European Court , European fishermen will still have access to our waters , we will be a rule taker not a rule maker.

edit on 13-12-2019 by gortex because: edit to clarify and edit

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
so yeah seems like ol Borris is not just beating them but getting them to quit

Sounds like the leftist members here. Not a week goes by that I don't see one of them whining in a thread about how ATS is nothing but alt-right now. It used to be pretty balanced right to left, the lefties just took their ball and went home.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So UK, wanna do some trade agreements?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

... The EU will now have to be the ones who compromise.

Why?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

United Nations of Celts!

Time for the break up of the UK

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The entire of the United kingdom has a population lower than most states. They use paper ballots which are counted by hand, and no ID is required at polling stations. People seem happy with this, why change it?

No, you shouldn't change it. Except maybe the I.D. part. Globalists criminals will cheat if not checkmated.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Only a total imbecile would have thought that Boris Johnson didn’t have a chance. Or someone who is 100% media-fed (his opponent was the bigoted, jeremy fricken corbyn, what the hell?)
Only a total imbecile would have thought that the British people wanted to stay in the EU. Or someone who is 100% media-fed
Only a total imbecile would think that President Trump doesn’t have the vast majority of support in the United States. Or someone who is 100% media-fed.

This result is not a surprise to anyone with a grasp on reality.

The policies of ‘the right’ : Progress
The policies of ‘the left’ : Jesus fcuken Christ?!?!!

It’s a no brainer. But still they cling to the ship.

The fascinating part is they get repeatedly lied to by the media and still go back and trust the media. Like the media here lied to them for 3 straight years about Trump being an agent of Putin. Mueller was gonna take him down. Same people are feeding them this Ukraine garbage and they eat it up. It's the definition of insanity. Some people are just so addicted to being told what to think they can't handle the thought of living any other way.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The people of Britain are going to get royally screwed over ,Like back in the thatcher days when everything not bolted down was privatised and sold off for peanuts ,Just like in America we had two toppers to choose from Commie Corbyn and Bungling Boris

I think i will emigrate

Fills you with hope that picture , The cops will be called out when Boris goes on the drink and beats the GF again

O happy days
edit on 13/12/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Not even close

“Landslide” will be redefined in the Trump re-election

I think it will be more like a tsunami from an un-drained swamp.

50 billion flies can't be wrong! Eat $#it

Besides, exit polls aren't the actual vote.

You seem upset

The vast majority of people worldwide are right-leaning

You poor thing

Trump will win by the biggest margin in modern history

You know that to be true

But it’s ok, I’m sure the Labour Party will win in New Zealand next year,

BWAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA

You have misread things.

I am and have been, generally, slightly right-leaning, politically.

I also think that there is merit in some left-leaning ideas, too.

On average, I most strongly identify with being politically centrist.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: chr0naut

www.msn.com... LOL reeee louder and hey if you could be ever so kind get us some videos of you screaming at the sky so we can relive 2016 all over again polls have closed they crushed labor

LONDON — Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Conservative Party won a commanding majority in the British Parliament, a striking victory that redraws the lines in British politics and paves the way for the country’s exit from the European Union early next year. The Conservatives were projected to win 363 seats in the House of Commons, versus 203 for the Labour Party, according to the BBC, with almost all of Parliament’s seats decided. That would give the Conservatives a 74-seat majority, their largest since that amassed by Margaret Thatcher in 1987. As the results flowed in from individual districts, they pointed to a radical reconfiguration of Britain’s political map. The Conservative Party was projected to win dozens of Labour seats in the industrial north and Midlands, shattering the so-called red wall that has undergirded the Labour Party for generations.
this is almsot exactly like when trump took the rust belt and other democratic strong holds ,and just as an aside your independent parties are "wild as all hell" i mean elmo and some guy with a bucket on his head standing by Boris whats up with that? we dont let vermin supreme stand along side trump or any president when they loose . were you not one saying Boris did not have the slightest chance and brexit was dead well seems to be another leftist prediciton based on over confidence that ended up with a stunning defeat end totals are 357 conservative ,203 labor ,and 80 other. race is done brexit is happening and now the eu is already coming to try to get a deal

No, this is different than for Trump.

This was a majority vote.

As the article pointed out, though, the number of seats is not as much as the, also right-wing, Margaret Thatcher government had. We know how that turned out.

Also, Trump had Mannafort and Cohen standing alongside him. I'd rather Elmo and Mr Bucket Head as comedy relief rather than straight-up crooks, real actual vermin, standing with the kingpin.

Also, the EU isn't coming to get a deal, that's a silly fantasy. It has been no deal since before May was ousted. That was why she was ousted, she couldn't get the EU to back down. Boris has to play the cards he has been dealt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join