It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRAVO to the British population for electing the strongest Conservative majority since Thatcher !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I guess there will soon be allegations of impeachable crimes, or what ever is the equivalent in the U.K.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Why?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Why?

Because that's just how lefties roll nowadays.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You tell me? It was just a guess? And there was already a call?

Call to impeach Boris Johnson as MPs are again set to block PM's election plan

www.itv.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: eletheia

But that was way before the Brexit.

Way before?.......

Two years is is hardly way before!!

They voted IN with no proviso's

Just another patronising case of *they didn't know what they were voting for*

Not only that - they voted 2-1 to stay in the UK.
It's not a question that needs to be raised anymore.
It's been comprehensively answered.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You tell me? It was just a guess? And there was already a call?

Call to impeach Boris Johnson as MPs are again set to block PM's election plan

www.itv.com...

I really can't wait for the next Parliamentary session. The Surrender Bill can be consigned to the dustbin of history.
Whilst I think Boris will not rub the traitors noses in it, he should.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Congrats to the UK.

And.

Did our prez send over his hair stylist over to B. Johnson?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

On a completely unrelated side note...the bull shown in your linked story from September is the same breed of cattle we raise. Galloway.

edit on 12/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was watching the speech he was giving and thought the same thing to myself. A little different but can see the same technique being used...………..hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not over here mate.

There's a reason The Labour Party got trounced......traditional Labour voters refused to vote for a party led by a Marxist and dominated by a group that espouses the rights of any and every minority and the snowflake agenda before the cares, concerns and well being of their core vote; working people.

If Labour wishes to be a serious player over here again they need to so some brutally honest soul searching and return to their core values.

We know why Johnson was elected and it simply is what it is.

Personally I hope Johnson proves me wrong and delivers what he's promised.....we'll see.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
That ITV link is to a story in September, when he had no Commons majority. Even then, "impeachment" would have been silly, because a "no confidence" motion (which they backed away from) does the job more quickly, and has been the method of choice for the last couple of centuries.

edit on 13-12-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Err....there's no such thing as impeachment over here.

Fake news?

Sure, there'll be some sour grapes and some whinging and whining but he has that much of a majority and with the threat of withholding the party whip and de-selection he'll probably be able to force through whatever he wishes.
Could be a good thing, could be a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Sounds like what's ongoing over here except instead of figure out why they lost the Marxists have been trying to engineer a coup. They refuse to accept that no one wants their crazy agenda.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
They borrowed impeachment from us, but we stopped doing it once the Commons had simpler ways of removing ministers. Almost the last impeachment trial was Warren Hastings, being prosecuted by Burke for his record in India.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not over here mate.

There's a reason The Labour Party got trounced......traditional Labour voters refused to vote for a party led by a Marxist and dominated by a group that espouses the rights of any and every minority and the snowflake agenda before the cares, concerns and well being of their core vote; working people.

I agree this was a driver, but Brexit was probably the main driver.
People can take a lot (including all the rubbish peddled about minorities and social justice), but when their representatives do the exact opposite of what they were elected to do, as with Brexit, then it becomes too much.
The Labour party lied in 2017 about their Brexit position and betrayed their voters for 2 years.
Last night they had to face their voters to be judged - and they were judged harshly.
I hope it's a lesson to all politicians, especially Boris.
On the face of it, he is wholly unfit to be PM, but he WAS the person who demonstrated that he wanted to deliver what the people asked for on the dominant issue of the last 3 years. He has a chance now to wipe the slate clean and govern for all. Including the people in those constituencies that have turned their back on nearly 100 years of labour voting.
If he ignores the people - his judgement time will also come soon enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It leaves us in a very strong negotiating position.
Remember Boris's deal is only an set of interim measures until full exit from the EU.

He better not let us down.

We cleared the road for him and untied his hands. Only WE the people have the power to do that, and we did it. We've given him the room to do what is needed to deliver Brexit.

The people are shouting loud and clear with their votes. We want no more talk of 2nd referendums. No more obstructions. No more delays. No more excuses. The road is clear now. Let's step on the gas, foot-to-the-floor, and nail it outta there in a cloud of burning rubber, shouting ''kiss my tread''.

Then when that's done, they better start sorting out the mess of a country they've caused, cos if they don't they'll be out next time. Better believe it.

And all the other parties would fare better to snuff-out any sneaky ideas of re-joining the EU if they want a chance at governing in the future. We the people don't want to be in the EU, we really couldn't make that more clear.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
a reply to: UKTruth

It leaves us in a very strong negotiating position.
Remember Boris's deal is only an set of interim measures until full exit from the EU.

He better not let us down.

We cleared the road for him and untied his hands. Only WE the people have the power to do that, and we did it. We've given him the room to do what is needed to deliver Brexit.

The people are shouting loud and clear with their votes. We want no more talk of 2nd referendums. No more obstructions. No more delays. No more excuses. The road is clear now. Let's step on the gas, foot-to-the-floor, and nail it outta there in a cloud of burning rubber, shouting ''kiss my tread''.

Then when that's done, they better start sorting out the mess of a country they've caused, cos if they don't they'll be out next time. Better believe it.

And all the other parties would fare better to snuff-out any sneaky ideas of re-joining the EU if they want a chance at governing in the future. We the people don't want to be in the EU, we really couldn't make that more clear.

Yes! Exactly right. What I love so much about last night is NOT that the Tories won, but that the people punished the politicians who clearly needed to be punished. It's so good for our country to let these slimy Westminster types know that THEY WORK FOR US. We should all be celebrating that the people ditched tired party lines and FINALLY held politicians to account.

Any misuse by Boris of the majority WE have given him will result in him being shown the door come the next judgement day.

edit on 13/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
These impeachment people need to grow up. Everyone is such a horrible loser nowadays.

Not to mention you can’t impeach the Prime Minister. This isn’t America. You can hold a no-confidence vote but good luck getting that through this parliament.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And the SNP is contra-brexit.[/url]

The SNP are popularist nationalists. Bent on the politics of division.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I read an article on one of the candidates on the opposite side....some really old guy.

The article read saying this was a major blow to the liberal globalist .

The candidate was soft on terrorism

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join