It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRAVO to the British population for electing the strongest Conservative majority since Thatcher !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

www.reuters.com... not looking good for labor in NZ either so the poster your replying to may be even more grumpy next election

ut domestic critics have questioned her leadership amid sinking business confidence, a slowing economy, governance issues and, most recently, her party’s handling of sexual assault complaints. Support for the center-left coalition government has dropped to its worst since 2017, while the opposition National Party has enough backing to form the next coalition government, a 1News/Colmar Brunton poll by state broadcaster 1News showed on Monday. On Tuesday, responding to the poll result, which showed support for the Labour-led coalition fell three percentage points to 40%, Ardern said she was not disappointed, and was pleased with the government’s progress.

www.google.com... F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F669769775803300525%2F&tbnid=mWn33iPuerQ27M&vet=12ahUKEwjwkZOZ_rHmAhWGADQIHTXdAjsQMygZegQIARA4..i&docid=6z5nZ265V0C0oM&w= 550&h=533&q=pepe%20the%20frog%20UK%20meme&hl=en&client=firefox-b-1-d&ved=2ahUKEwjwkZOZ_rHmAhWGADQIHTXdAjsQMygZegQIARA4#h=533&imgdii=XN17EIsnG7O2WM:&ve t=12ahUKEwjwkZOZ_rHmAhWGADQIHTXdAjsQMygZegQIARA4..i&w=550 and a rare pepe the frog british meme for conservatives victory
edit on 13-12-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
www.reuters.com... H0FC?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1ipcegR7hhMyq1KH2_GWezIhAmn6Daro_-dla6TMkvoo8t8LMklBoyfW4

But first, as a matter of traditional British courtesy, Johnson acknowledged the candidates he defeated to comfortably retain his parliamentary seat west of London. “I thank my fellow candidates in all their glory, Lord Buckethead, Elmo ... forgive me if I don’t identify them all,” Johnson said. He wasn’t imagining things. Lined up alongside the besuited Johnson and his more traditional political foes were: - a man dressed as a furry red Sesame Street character who called himself Bobby Elmo Smith; - Count Binface who wore a silver garbage can over his head and an improvised suit of armor; - Lord Buckethead, who donned a similar receptacle, colored black, and a matching cape.
i will say this your candidates are interesting at least

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Only a total imbecile would have thought that Boris Johnson didn’t have a chance. Or someone who is 100% media-fed (his opponent was the bigoted, jeremy fricken corbyn, what the hell?)
Only a total imbecile would have thought that the British people wanted to stay in the EU. Or someone who is 100% media-fed
Only a total imbecile would think that President Trump doesn’t have the vast majority of support in the United States. Or someone who is 100% media-fed.

This result is not a surprise to anyone with a grasp on reality.

The policies of ‘the right’ : Progress
The policies of ‘the left’ : Jesus fcuken Christ?!?!!

It’s a no brainer. But still they cling to the ship.

edit on 13 12 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yet again the British public have spoken. I applaud you all. How can you have remainers when the BRISTISH PUBLIC VOTED OUT? You can't have remainers... when we voted OUT. This is how it goes you put leaving the EU to the vote. It got voted for and the result was OUT. Then REMAINERS?????????????? stopped the plans to leave with voting out the deals...As they wanted to remain..WTF

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Did I grok correctly some info I saw earlier that the British use paper ballots?

The entire of the United kingdom has a population lower than most states. They use paper ballots which are counted by hand, and no ID is required at polling stations. People seem happy with this, why change it?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: M5xaz

Judging from American news media, Britain hates trump....
So what do Brit's do?
Elect there own version of trump...
Then elect enough conservatives to help him out...

Lolololol

That's the problem, right there...

Other than the hair Trump and Johnson aren't even remotely similar. Their politics are very different. Johnson is much further to the left than Obama was.

Johnson stood on a platform of massive public spending. Particularly on education and social care. And the cornerstone of his brexit policy is the signing of global free trade bills.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
twitter.com... trump congratulates boris

Congratulations to Boris Johnson on his great WIN! Britain and the United States will now be free to strike a massive new Trade Deal after BREXIT. This deal has the potential to be far bigger and more lucrative than any deal that could be made with the E.U. Celebrate Boris!
so guess we get to look forward to a new trade deal

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Jo Swinson lost her seat , I go to work with a smile on my face.

Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson has narrowly lost her Dunbartonshire East seat to the SNP by just 149 votes.

Ms Swinson, who started the campaign saying she could become the next prime minister, gained 19,523 votes compared to 19,672 for the SNP's Amy Callaghan.

Speaking at the count, Ms Swinson said for millions of people the election results would bring "dread and dismay".
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

“Dread” and “dismay”

Not ‘disappointment’, like normal people feel. Nope. The boogeyman in the tv and on social media has formed their collective opinions in such a way that the results of an election can cause them “dread” and “dismay”.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Pfft, those opinion polls were nothing more than rallying cries to the tory supporters. By making it look as though it would be close they were hoping to increase the turnout, that's all.

The media has been so pro tory throughout this election campaign that it's an embarrassment to democracy.

We had our chance to vote for a leader who would govern for the people rather than the rich and we blew it. Now we can sit back and watch the country fall into the gutter.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Bets on how long until they try and impeach him?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Congratulations👍
I hope they don't try to impeach him😀

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wasn’t hard to see coming.

The old labour seats that flipped voted massively to leave the EU, and they had a party leader running around saying “we are a remain party now”

I don’t know why labour leadership insists on listening to Londoners who want the party to become like the US democratIc party at the expense of their traditional working class voters.

Oh well, you reap what you sow. Congratulations Boris, now can we put this Brexit nonsense to rest?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Pfft, those opinion polls were nothing more than rallying cries to the tory supporters. By making it look as though it would be close they were hoping to increase the turnout, that's all.

The media has been so pro tory throughout this election campaign that it's an embarrassment to democracy.

We had our chance to vote for a leader who would govern for the people rather than the rich and we blew it. Now we can sit back and watch the country fall into the gutter.

The country REJECTED your leader and your ideology. Overwhelmingly.
You don't seem to like Democracy at all.

Seriously. The meltdown by the serial losers on the left and the pro EU losers is epic.
I love it. After 3 years of trying to block the vote of the people, it's going to be great rubbing their noses in it. Usually like to be a gracious winner, but no time for that when dealing with traitors.
edit on 13/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sussy
Yet again the British public have spoken. I applaud you all. How can you have remainers when the BRISTISH PUBLIC VOTED OUT? You can't have remainers... when we voted OUT. This is how it goes you put leaving the EU to the vote. It got voted for and the result was OUT. Then REMAINERS?????????????? stopped the plans to leave with voting out the deals...As they wanted to remain..WTF

Well that will put a stop to those who maintained that those who voted leave

were stupid and didn't know what they were voting for !!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Strange.......

Most people thought it was the other way around!

Now we can see the UK rise from the ashes and become great AGAIN

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I applaud the citizens of Britain for being so enthusiastic and passionate. But it seems like there are some deep-state traitors in your country too.

Every time the people vote for something BIG, there's a lot of excitement, but nothing happens. I remember the huge BREXIT victory and celebrations about 2 years ago. And now I'm hearing about it again, as if the first vote of the people never happened.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
funny how people are celebrating these results as a firm proof that the people support the brexit overwelmingly, and at the same time ignoring that the Scottish Nationalist party (which where on the remain side) took 48/58 seats, and in Northern Ireland Sinn Fein and SDLP (who both plead for a reunification with Ireland) have more seats than the DUP.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Amazing result.

It shows that the idea that the British people had changed their minds and want to remain, was a load of hogwash. Both Labour and Lib Undems have lost seats, while Boris has a massive majority.

We will prove all these remainers, big banks and economists wrong again when we Leave the EU and we thrive.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I applaud the citizens of Britain for being so enthusiastic and passionate. But it seems like there are some deep-state traitors in your country too.

Every time the people vote for something BIG, there's a lot of excitement, but nothing happens. I remember the huge BREXIT victory and celebrations about 2 years ago. And now I'm hearing about it again, as if the first vote of the people never happened.

"Au contraire" The people celebrated in 2016 only to come up against a brick

wall of MP's not prepared to carry out what the people voted for.....implying

that they knew better than than the people they represented.

This vote gave the people the chance to give those patronising MP's a bloody

nose........HAPPY DAYS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join