It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRAVO to the British population for electing the strongest Conservative majority since Thatcher !

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: UKTruth

Where are you getting the numbers? everywhere I look keeps saying 1.5% turnout drop and 1.2% Tory vote vs 2017.

Your 1.2% change for Tories is for VOTE SHARE, not the change in vote totals for 2017 to 2019.
Your 1.5% turnout drop is based on Turnout PERCENTAGE of eligible voters, not the difference between how many people voted between 2017 and 2019.

I gave you the link to the vote totals earlier for 2017 and 2019, but all sites (like BBC, Guardian etc) have the details.

2017 : principalfish.co.uk...
2019 : principalfish.co.uk...

Tory votes 13,635,584
Total votes 32,203,352

Tory votes 13,966,451 (+331k vs 2017)
Total Votes 32,012,120 (-191k vs 2017)

edit on 14/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

'Most people'? You don;t speak for most people. According to the last referendum and recent polls MOST PEOPLE in Scotland want to stay part of the UK.

I live here and I can tell you the mood has decisively changed. But if you want to continue reading your deep state propaganda. Good for you. I wont judge you.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

'Most people'? You don;t speak for most people. According to the last referendum and recent polls MOST PEOPLE in Scotland want to stay part of the UK.

I live here and I can tell you the mood has decisively changed. But if you want to continue reading your deep state propaganda. Good for you. I wont judge you.

Sure it has.
Dream on.
If you are granted a referendum by Boris Johnson, your Prime Minister, then we'll see.

edit on 14/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Sure it has. Dream on. If you are granted a referendum by Boris Johnson, your Prime Minister, then we'll see.

Yes from that point on it will be game over. You can sit there with pretty little England a nation in place simply to bolster and protect the corporation of London·

The bit your failing to see is its all about the money. Very old money. The EU wanted to regulate the tax havens the biggest in the world of which is in London.

Its a tax jump.

and the poor will pay

Its been emotional but the time is coming for the break up of the UK and the formation of the United Nations of Celts.

We will take our nations back

One by one if need be.

Eire
N.I
Wales
Scotland

V

:-))

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sure it has. Dream on. If you are granted a referendum by Boris Johnson, your Prime Minister, then we'll see.

Yes from that point on it will be game over. You can sit there with pretty little England a nation in place simply to bolster and protect the corporation of London·

The bit your failing to see is its all about the money. Very old money. The EU wanted to regulate the tax havens the biggest in the world of which is in London.

Its a tax jump.

and the poor will pay

Its been emotional but the time is coming for the break up of the UK and the formation of the United Nations of Celts.

We will take our nations back

One by one if need be.

Eire
N.I
Wales
Scotland

V

:-))

Lol.
Our Union has survived the radical minorities till now. It will continue to survive and thrive.
Good luck with your revolution.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

There will never be a United Nations of Celts.

Do you know anything about the history of Celtic people?

They were never a united anything, more a mixture of tribes with similar cultures and customs that frequently fought with each other.

And there's no United Nations of Celts movement worth mentioning.....it's absolute pie in the sky, romanticised rubbish with no basis in reality.

Any progress on specifically which EU environmental and human rights laws are better than the UK's?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Any progress on specifically which EU environmental and human rights laws are better than the UK's?

I am not here to educate you. Google is your friend. Go and have a look its all there.

I will give you a simple example. Special Areas of Conservation (SACs), (Habitats Directive)
This is amongst the strongest environmental protection legislation and has protected habitats in the UK from development by the UK government.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

They were never a united anything, more a mixture of tribes with similar cultures and customs that frequently fought with each other.

Yes again we find commonlity in a shared culture. Its the Celt nations that voted remain. Why is this such a big deal to you. If people want indepdance from the UK why not just let them have it. Didnt Northern Island vote to stay in Europe too.

The most simplistic and most democratic thing to do is have England leave the United Kingdom. Is that not ture democracy. Let the rest remain in Europe.

I dont need to know your prescibed idea of what a celt is. I am Irish / welsh mix and I live in Scotland. I am it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Our Union has survived the radical minorities till now. It will continue to survive and thrive. Good luck with your revolution.

The Union was an empire that has continued to collapse and loose control over time. Why do you have an issue with this. I wish you the all the best yet you seem bitter.

You really think England holds onto nations for the kindness of heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Do you really think about what you are supporting an establishement rife with pedophillia. Look at the lost MI6 documtment concerning the elite in power. What you get over the water in the US is here too. Have a look into Ted Heath or the allegations of the queen or prince andrew.
It rotten to the core

Keep it

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You made a statement, I'm merely asking you to give supportive evidence to back up that statement.

Specifically which EU environmental and human rights laws do you think are better than the UK's?

A simple question surely for someone who has formulated a reasoned and informed opinion?

For the record; all my Grandparents were Celts, from Southern Ireland.
Genetically I'm probably at least as much 'Celtic' as you are.

There is absolutely NO pro-United nations of Celts movement.

I've frequently stated that as is right Scotland will do as Scotland see's fit.
I hope Scotland stays in one shape or form part of the UK, but it's Scotland's choice.

And I've also frequently stated that I really can't understand why anyone who allegedly wants independence so fiercely would then subjugate itself to EU control and become such an irrelevance in the thoroughly undemocratic and autocratic entity that the EU has become.

But I guess that's your choice.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I live here and I can tell you the mood has decisively changed. But if you want to continue reading your deep state propaganda. Good for you.

Thats exactly what labour was saying before the election ........before

they got trashed in the election!!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The Union was an empire that has continued to collapse and loose control over time.

Would that be the same as the European Union?

Which is showing cracks and signs of collapse too?

A poster from Denmark on this board posted in one of these Brexit threads

that they were watching how Brexit went because there was a movement

taking shape for them leaving.......neither are they alone.

You really think England holds onto nations for the kindness of heart.

Do you think the European Union is in it for the kindness of heart

edit on 14-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill
funny how people are celebrating these results as a firm proof that the people support the brexit overwelmingly, and at the same time ignoring that the Scottish Nationalist party (which where on the remain side) took 48/58 seats, and in Northern Ireland Sinn Fein and SDLP (who both plead for a reunification with Ireland) have more seats than the DUP.

Scotland is two party state. You either vote snp or labor. Statistically Scotland is almost evenly split between pro independence and pro union. This election was a rejection of labor, not a referendum on independence. Scotland does a lot of business with England, and its economy is dependent on tax revenue earned by Scots living in England that is paid back as economic stimulus.

Without the union Scotland would run a significant defecit, and would need to bring in maybe a decade of austerity in order to balance its books. So it's not certain if there will be an independence referendum because if the snp loose their second one they won't be able to claim a mandates for a third referendum in the next generation.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Scotland does a lot of business with England, and its economy is dependent on tax revenue earned by Scots living in England that is paid back as economic stimulus.

Judging by the Scots on ATS you wouldn't think so!

They have North Sea Oil....

Without the union Scotland would run a significant defecit, and would need to bring in maybe a decade of austerity in order to balance its books.

NOOOOO....If there's one thing the Scots dont like its austerity ask ATS member

Sapien.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For me it was simple, we want a prosperous and dynamic economy. We want our borders protected and our traditions and values preserved. The left put their morals before their profit motive, which ideologically seems sincere. However, in practice isn't the working mans main priority. We also need a strong leader, not some limp-wristed apologist.

I know too many people that sit around on their ass expecting those of us who work hard to foot the bill, all of whom voted Labour. The democratic will of the people will be upheld with this result.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
Congrats are in order for our British friends for rejecting the LIES of just about every major media outlet, some that were FALSELY claiming that there was only a 6% difference between the Tories and Labour, others again FALSELY pushing the narrative that Corbyn could be the next PM.

The people of the UK have sent a STRONG mandate for Brexit and for FREEDOM from the utterly undemocratic, corrupt and failing EU.

Bravo!!!

The so called "Conservative Government" has now won the past FOUR UK general elections. And it amazes me how Americans (And British) think this is like voting against the establishment.

There will be no draining of the swamp. I'm amazed how so many people on ATS cannot see this?

What happened to this forum?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This is amongst the strongest environmental protection legislation and has protected habitats in the UK from development by the UK government.
]

The EUs environmental credentials are not very good. Bear in mind that the UK set up national parks and similar before joining the EU. Fail to see why people think the EU is a force for good when...

1. The EUs Common Agricultural Policy has been responsible for horrendous environmental harm in the UK and across the EU. Grants for grubbing up thousands of miles of ancient hedgerows, draining wetlands and bogs and other vandalism resulting in huge decines in flura and fauna heath.
2. The EUs Common Fisheries Policy has been responsible for overfishing and waste. God knows what the sea bed looks like in some places after intensive trawling.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

originally posted by: M5xaz
Congrats are in order for our British friends for rejecting the LIES of just about every major media outlet, some that were FALSELY claiming that there was only a 6% difference between the Tories and Labour, others again FALSELY pushing the narrative that Corbyn could be the next PM.

The people of the UK have sent a STRONG mandate for Brexit and for FREEDOM from the utterly undemocratic, corrupt and failing EU.

Bravo!!!

The so called "Conservative Government" has now won the past FOUR UK general elections. And it amazes me how Americans (And British) think this is like voting against the establishment.

There will be no draining of the swamp. I'm amazed how so many people on ATS cannot see this?

What happened to this forum?

Exactly! You just put into words what I was thinking. It's the same here in Australia. Somehow being conservative is cool and progressive??? WTF?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Freeborn:

I'm probably at least as much 'Celtic' as you are.

Yep, me too. Born in the North of England to an Irish Mother and a Scottish father. Celtic blood runs through these veins of mine.

Unfortunately, England really is London-centric, most the money outside of London flows like a torrent into it, but only trickles out from it to other areas of the country. London isn't even English anymore. It's become some sort of multicultural staging area to show the world look at what multi-culture can achieve, but it is a facade, a Trojan pretence with an insidious globalist force inside of it waiting to spring. Meanwhile, young black kids are knifing each other to death over drug and turf wars. Well done, London! I think it is time to reassign the capital designation from London to somewhere more central England, and keep multi-culture off the menu, and well and truly assigned and kept in place in London.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join