It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House just passed an ambitious bill to lower prescription drug prices

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
Source

House Democrats just passed an ambitious bill to lower prescription drug prices after resolving internal conflicts that threatened to sink the legislation as recently as this week. The Senate is expected to give the bill the same treatment it’s given hundreds of others: it won’t take it up.

So, lower prices for all, but the senate will not take it up? Why the hell not?

This bill, also known as H.R.3, the Elijah Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act, would dramatically change the power that the US government has to directly negotiate drug prices for Medicare recipients — resulting in more than $450 billion in spending reductions for the program over the course of a decade. These savings would be offset, in part, by costs tied to expanding dental, vision and hearing coverage for Medicare recipients, a policy change also included in the bill, according to an estimate from the Congressional Budget Office.

Does anyone get tired of our government not doing what is right?

Why will the Senate not take this up?

There are over 200 bills waiting for the Senate to address that have been passed by the house. What is the Senate waiting for? The return of Christ?

let me see here who wrote the bill “Scroll down“ Elijah Cummings. Yeah I see you problem here it says he dead! Let me see I have heard that name before
Oh yeah here’s a link www.lifezette.com...

It’s amazing how much this dead man accomplished considering he really didn’t do much when he was alive

He’s a glorified civil rights activist who outlived his purpose long ago and not to be mean but I wouldn’t trust this guy after the Hillary Clinton email investigation much he basically slothed his way through kissing her arse and taking up valuable time by asking already addressed questions.
edit on 12-12-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

I will do me!

Well!

You seem like "I'm a big boy now!"

How do the big boy pampers feel?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I will do me!

Well!

Coming from a day old troll account?

What does this even mean? My big boy Pampers because I have a job with insurance? That is how the U.S.A. works brah!

To be fair I do pay some $ out of pocket. I have had the same job for 18 years. The out of pocket $ from 2008-2016 i have to pay went up 550%. OBAMACARE!!!!!!

lolz🤪

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Such a cute big boy! Oh, such a cutie!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Such a cute big boy! Oh, such a cutie!

How is that any kind of defense to the thread that you are the op of?

You asked why this bill wont pass. You got many answers.

To break it down generally for you.
The working class American voter gets screwed over by democrat policy. Their policies costs people that make 50k-100k alot of money everytime, regardless of their promises of the opposite.
When a bill comes up that is full of nonsense such as this one the senate has no reason to give it any consideration. It will actually raise prices as has been pointed out to you by many.

Then some on the left react very childish like you are doing now in your interaction with me. That is why we treat you like children sometimes

Lolz🤪

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

I will do me!

Well!

Coming from a day old troll account?

What does this even mean? My big boy Pampers because I have a job with insurance? That is how the U.S.A. works brah!

To be fair I do pay some $ out of pocket. I have had the same job for 18 years. The out of pocket $ from 2008-2016 i have to pay went up 550%. OBAMACARE!!!!!!

lolz🤪

This reminded me of my phone call with the IRS from today where I thought they owed me around $1500 because they sent me a notice saying that they had calculated my owed taxes at $1500 lower than what I submitted on my return.

After waiting on hold for 45 minutes Im told that I am actually owed nothing because that $1500 was my penalty for not having health insurance.

I thought the penalty was removed already, but nope, not until next year.

THANKS BARRY!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KrankBruder

You cant just wave a magic wand and make drugs cheaper. The pharmaceutical system in the US is over regulated in some areas, and not regulated enough in others. The whole thing is just as convoluted as our tax code.
edit on 12-12-2019 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Source

House Democrats just passed an ambitious bill to lower prescription drug prices after resolving internal conflicts that threatened to sink the legislation as recently as this week. The Senate is expected to give the bill the same treatment it’s given hundreds of others: it won’t take it up.

So, lower prices for all, but the senate will not take it up? Why the hell not?

This bill, also known as H.R.3, the Elijah Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act, would dramatically change the power that the US government has to directly negotiate drug prices for Medicare recipients — resulting in more than $450 billion in spending reductions for the program over the course of a decade. These savings would be offset, in part, by costs tied to expanding dental, vision and hearing coverage for Medicare recipients, a policy change also included in the bill, according to an estimate from the Congressional Budget Office.

Does anyone get tired of our government not doing what is right?

Why will the Senate not take this up?

There are over 200 bills waiting for the Senate to address that have been passed by the house. What is the Senate waiting for? The return of Christ?

It's a Democrat bill...There will be poison pills in it that will screw the working class taxpayers as all Democrats bills do...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KrankBruder

I'm against the government meddling is just about everything actually.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
He says while enjoying the Interstate system built by the Govt.
Using water from a faucet built by Govt.
Protected by a military built by Govt.
Craps on a toilet thats connected to sewer system built by , yep you guessed it, the govt.
Will be first in line to collect Social Security and Medicaid provided by the govt.
Kids probably educated in public schools, free.
Protected by a fire dept, provided by, yep you guessed it. The Govt.
God forbid you ever have to use the 911 system, its govt also.
Typical CONservative hypocrisy.

The interstate system is always under construction and consistently in need of repairs, surface roads tend to be faster and better maintained.
Water comes from a well if you're smart about it.
The current incarnation of the military has protected me from nothing in my lifetime.
Septic.
If I could opt out of both of those programs I would, I have my own investment and retirement accounts that are doing amazingly in this economy.
No kids (to clarify if I did have kids, they would be in a private school).
We have a volunteer fire department, that being said I have suppression systems installed in my house because no way a firetruck gets out to my place in time.

Anything else?
edit on 12/12/19 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Everything the government touches turns to crap. Fact.
a reply to: Metallicus
He says while enjoying the Interstate system built by the Govt.
Using water from a faucet built by Govt.
Protected by a military built by Govt.
Craps on a toilet thats connected to sewer system built by , yep you guessed it, the govt.
Will be first in line to collect Social Security and Medicaid provided by the govt.
Kids probably educated in public schools, free.
Protected by a fire dept, provided by, yep you guessed it. The Govt.
God forbid you ever have to use the 911 system, its govt also.
Typical CONservative hypocrisy.

This is hilarious?
Uses interstate built by the government - maybe you haven’t been paying attention but the roads are crap and the government never really fixes anything long term. Here let me pour slurry into this pot hole that lasts for 2 months.

Using water by the government- I sure do love that fluoride being added to my water!

Social security - it’s almost like you somehow believe the government pays it and not that they taxed you on every pay check you get it for 50 years not only did they tax you on it but they also take money away from the social security fund for other things that’s why it’s not working anymore.

Public schools- again we all pay for them and I’m not knocking the teachers but the system is a complete failure without parents helping their kids- I teach my kid how to read and how to do math the school simply provides a babysitting service so I can work and it’s been that way for 30 years.

Fire departments? Now I’m going to get attacked for this line of reasoning but screw it- fire departments are mostly overpaid boy scouts who spend their time chasing ambulances more than putting out fires but they love to live in the past and get fake glory because A: the job isn’t that dangerous anymore B: the forestry service pays convicts 12 an hour to put out fires which cause the real damage. C: fire fighter arson is real and tied to their “pay” which amazingly a fire always happens when a budget crunch comes for them.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

But ... but .. the title of the Bill says lower prices so that's what it does, right ... just like Obamacare was the "Affordable" Health Care Act.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I suppose you dont go to the store, or buy food or clothes. Or use electricity. You just live in a bush somewhere in the back woods. Totally self sufficient.

If you buy something in a store, it got there in a truck. That truck used the interstate system, and surface roads are also govt built, which allowed America to grow to what it is today.

Fill a hole with whatever, the govt built it, and it WORKS.

90% percent of the people in America use and depend on the interstate highway system. You, sir, are a subset of a minority of a niche. You are irrelevant.

Have fun in your septic powered bush.
edit on 13-12-2019 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

This is hilarious?
Uses interstate built by the government - maybe you haven’t been paying attention but the roads are crap and the government never really fixes anything long term. Here let me pour slurry into this pot hole that lasts for 2 months.
a reply to: Veryolduser

And it still WORKS.

Using water by the government- I sure do love that fluoride being added to my water!

And you still use it.

Social security - it’s almost like you somehow believe the government pays it and not that they taxed you on every pay check you get it for 50 years not only did they tax you on it but they also take money away from the social security fund for other things that’s why it’s not working anymore.

And it's still ESSENTIAL for MILLIONS. The alternative is SUFFERING and DEAth to the elderly.

Public schools- again we all pay for them and I’m not knocking the teachers but the system is a complete failure without parents helping their kids- I teach my kid how to read and how to do math the school simply provides a babysitting service so I can work and it’s been that way for 30 years.

So you admit it WORKS. As daycare, it WORKS. What is the alternative? Wal_Mart or Amazon watching your kids? Private enterprise? G O V E R N M E N T.

Fire departments? Now I’m going to get attacked for this line of reasoning but screw it- fire departments are mostly overpaid boy scouts who spend their time chasing ambulances more than putting out fires but they love to live in the past and get fake glory because A: the job isn’t that dangerous anymore B: the forestry service pays convicts 12 an hour to put out fires which cause the real damage. C: fire fighter arson is real and tied to their “pay” which amazingly a fire always happens when a budget crunch comes for them.

ANd they put out fires, and investigate arson. And its GOVERNMENT and it WORKS.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

I love how you basically admit the public schools are oly good for daycare, not for education which is supposed to be their purpose.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Shouldn't the House and Senate work towards compromise that benefits American Voters rather than each side grandstanding about how great their proposal, which will never get enacted into Law, is?

Get things done that will pass both parts of Congress. I know that sounds Soooooo complicated.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Roads are actually one thing they should be spending tax money on. If they actually spent tax money on the things they are supposed to rather than all of the other worthless programs it could possibly be better and have more money to actually get caught up with the work rather than constantly being decades behind on infrastructure projects.

Anything the government is involved with is usually very bad news.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Surface roads are local government built, not federal. A subset of a minority of a niche huh? I think more people than not live this type of life in the country. I know you can't see that from the city. I also find your daycare comment amusing, and unfortunately accurate. I can see that you're not interested in an actual discussion, just trolling people who aren't into big government interventions in day to day life.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join