It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House just passed an ambitious bill to lower prescription drug prices

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

"The tax is not on profits from the sale of the drug, but on the gross receipts from the sale. For example, if a medicine is sold for $100, a tax of $95 is owed, regardless of the cost of selling the drug."

Show me a time when government took over, lowered prices, and made services better.

Just give me one example and I might concede the point.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Column: Pelosi finds a way to save billions by cutting drug prices, but Big Pharma pushes back

Someone is, and it's not DBC.

Because that bill would do nothin to reduce medicare premiums.

If Pelosi and her shills truly wanted to reduce drug prices.

They'd decrease the regulatory,and tax burdens on pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Have you read the Bill? The tax is a penalty for companies that refuse to negotiate the cost of prescription drugs with the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

It might not matter to some of the Americans posting here. They would rather get ripped off by big pharma then have some sort of political good done by an opposing party.

Pretty silly, if you ask me.

I still can't understand how anyone would be against having the government negotiate drug prices for citizens. The US Gov is a big player - why let your lawmakers stop negotiation?

Maybe check out how much the pharma industry contributes to your lawmakers, and maybe you'll figure it out.

And there are Americans here defending it, and feeling sorry for big pharma getting ripped off.

Aww, poor babies...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: KrankBruder

Have you read the bill?

It's crap and would actually raise drug prices.

It's basically Obamacare to the pharmaceutical industry.

*On it not going to the Senate* All so they can say "look, Trump wants you to pay high drug prices!". They knew it wouldn't pass.

If it had passed, and drug prices went up, you know they'd blame it on Trump.
edit on 12-12-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It might not matter to some of the Americans posting here.

Your right.

Americans got burned by the Affordable Shaft Act Pelosi shoved down our throats.

That increased healthcare costs.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have no expectations about changing minds here.... I just like to watch the damage control go into overdrive... lol.. it's laughable how loaded this place is with shills.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Show me a time when government took over, lowered prices, and made services better.

Typically, private heath insurance has a 15 - 20 % overhead paid to management. HHS, Medicare, medicade, and SSA have a 1% overhead to provide the same insurance services.

No big bonuses for the executives. A Govt ex makes about $180,000 a year. Your heath care for-profit folks?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Typically private insurance companies don't force taxation on people.

Unlike State ran health insurance.Medicare Is a nice example.

edit on 12-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The geezers are a yugge part of trumps support group; But all the geezers care about is health care, drug prices and how to live a little longer pain free.

All the dembs have to do is show how trump will bow to big business and stick it up the geezers covfefe. Then what?

Politics is about perception.

And as I grow older, I want the same kind of health care all the politicians get at taxpayers expense.
edit on 12-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
So you need the health care, and recognize that. But you would rather pay more for a service from the private sector?

Your country needs an army and navy. Do you have the government do it, or wait till you need one and go to Walmart and buy one?

I know that is a silly example, but some things get taxed and paid for by the population. It looks like Americans don't want to be taxed and pay for their health care as a group. OK. That is your choice, and that is what your are arguing about as a country.

But to other counties, it looks as silly as going to Walmart for an army or navy.

But you do you.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So you need the health care, and recognize that.

Recognize people don't need corporate products like drugs, or insurance shoved down their throats by bafoons like Pelosi.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Europe isn’t just one country. It’s an entire continent.

In my country within Europe insulin isn’t free. No medication is ‘free’.

We pay a separate tax to the healthcare system and we pay drug prescription charges. If you’re not employed you do not pay for the healthcare system or prescriptions but someone is paying, that is, the tax payer.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I thought Obamacare fixed everything. Are you saying the Dimocrats didn't get it right with their 12000 page crap of a legislation and now we need even MORE??

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Americans got burned by the Affordable Shaft Act Pelosi shoved down our throats.

Why do Americans always talk about things "shoved down their throats?"

Does this happen a lot in your country?

Most of the world has laws against this type of crime. In fact, it is considered a really bad thing to do.

But you guys do you...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I've got $10 that says Elijah Cummings wouldn't have drafted the bill if it didn't make his bosses (the drug companies) richer somehow, even if it were to pass.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If this bill is like some of the others, I have not read this one, it probably is giving the pharma companies permission to increase the cost of meds to everyone else just to reduce medicaid and medicare prescription costs. It would raise the costs for us because we have a part D and that is independent of medicare or medicaid so our yearly premiums for prescription coverage would increase overall.

Like I said, I did not read this particular bill but did scan some of the ones similar to this that were rejected. It would amount to an extra tax on everyone's insurance bill to cover low income people. Insurance is already too high, so are meds.

We need to just get socialized medicine for hospital and doctor visits and govern the health and Pharma the right way. This per profit healthcare really sucks, too much abuse of the system.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Everything the government touches turns to crap. Fact.
a reply to: Metallicus
He says while enjoying the Interstate system built by the Govt.
Using water from a faucet built by Govt.
Protected by a military built by Govt.
Craps on a toilet thats connected to sewer system built by , yep you guessed it, the govt.
Will be first in line to collect Social Security and Medicaid provided by the govt.
Kids probably educated in public schools, free.
Protected by a fire dept, provided by, yep you guessed it. The Govt.
God forbid you ever have to use the 911 system, its govt also.
Typical CONservative hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I thought Obamacare fixed everything. Are you saying the Dimocrats didn't get it right with their 12000 page crap of a legislation and now we need even MORE??
a reply to: jjkenobi

Obamacare is a conservative construct, hence the failure.
What we need is SINGLEPAYER.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
So you need the health care, and recognize that. But you would rather pay more for a service from the private sector?

Your country needs an army and navy. Do you have the government do it, or wait till you need one and go to Walmart and buy one?

I know that is a silly example, but some things get taxed and paid for by the population. It looks like Americans don't want to be taxed and pay for their health care as a group. OK. That is your choice, and that is what your are arguing about as a country.

But to other counties, it looks as silly as going to Walmart for an army or navy.

But you do you.

I will do me! I go to work 5 days a week and my work pays for insurance for me and my family!

Crazy concept, dont have insurance get a job or a better job....

Lolz🤪

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Everything the government touches turns to crap. Fact.
a reply to: Metallicus
He says while enjoying the Interstate system built by the Govt.
Using water from a faucet built by Govt.
Protected by a military built by Govt.
Craps on a toilet thats connected to sewer system built by , yep you guessed it, the govt.
Will be first in line to collect Social Security and Medicaid provided by the govt.
Kids probably educated in public schools, free.
Protected by a fire dept, provided by, yep you guessed it. The Govt.
God forbid you ever have to use the 911 system, its govt also.
Typical CONservative hypocrisy.

These are the "takers" who are worried that if too many of their kind come along, they might get left out....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join