It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Government that works

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A Government that works = booze that doesn't give you a hangover.

Neither exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: GreenGunther

Humans lived without running water before and they lived without electricity. I was taught to grow food and hunt and fish and I passed that knowledge on to the kids and a few of the grandkids.

Maybe in the cities they might have problems, but over half of the households in the U.P have a woodstove and everyone knows someone who has a well. Lake Superior water is not that polluted either and there are streams and springs around here that have clear water in them.

I am a decent hunter and fisherman.
My livelihood depends on my job, I’m in IT.
No power, no job, no money.

Trust me, if the grid collapses it’ll be like the purge.
I’ll be able to defend myself, I have guns and tons of experience.
But a huge number of innocent people will die.

I’ve spent so much of my life gaining experience, with no electricity, it was all for nothing...
We have a farm with enough sheep and cattle. But people will come to steal our livestock

I don’t really feel like killing people, do you?

I totally agree with what you said. I can survive, along with my family. But what will it turn me into if it does occur, something I would never want to be I guess. I do not feel like killing people and am not interested in destroying all the trees on my land just to make it so we can heat our house. I have guns and ammo, but so will the people who are trying to break in and steal what we have.

But, I will do what it takes to protect my family if things go bad, I will not benefit myself but maybe my kids and grandkids can put things behind them and start a better civilization if something major happens. By instinct the young move to different houses and areas to make sure the genetic line is preserved in most animals. The parents kick the young out of the nest and the young find a different place to live to diversify the gene pool and this means that the family line continues.

Hopefully nothing major happens, we keep enough supplies in stock to feed my immediate family and their offspring for three months, in which time we can acquire or plant more foods to insure we can survive longer periods. I learned from the older people, I am now sixty four myself, how they used to preserve things to make it through hard times. I stock what is needed to pickle and salt foods and have areas in the house to store root veggies if needed. I also keep adequate supplies of medical stuff on hand and understand where to find natural chemistries to help medically. I have tried to teach the kids about this stuff but they are not interested, they believe that there is no need for concern. I read history a lot, there is always a need to be concerned, I guess in this country people never look at history anymore, they falsely believe our society is way more secure than it is.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join