It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean if Trump gets off Scott free

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Hmmmm....I wonder who takes more Prozac for anxiety, a liberal or a conservative? I'm going with......"what is a liberal" for $100 please and for who has better coping skills, a liberal or a conservative? I'll go with "who is not a liberal" for the win.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What facts?

Is there a specific point on which you want me to go dig up supporting facts for you? It can get complicated deconstructing conservative disinformation.

Why don't we start with this gem:

"Conservatives have enlarged amygdalas, which make them susceptible to fear and I don't think they feel comfortable unless everyone is tightly under control."

Why are we talking about conservative genitalia?

Oh okay great! This is actually a neurological phenomenon that has nothing to do with genitalia, although that was a somewhat funny comment.

Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals.

The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds

Stuff like this has more to do with politics than you might think. There is a lot of other data and research on this topic. I might also point out that conservative amygdala size isn't gonna change, so it might wanna be worked with rather than used as a criticism.

Dont ask why, put I actually clicked on the link you provided. From that site it links you to the study done here, www.cell.com...(11)00289-2#secd17835429e269.

They really knocked it out of the park by testing 90 college aged students.

They let the students themselves pick where they thought they fell on the political spectrum, when they should all have been given a sample set of questions that the researchers should have looked at to determine the way the students leaned politically. For example, Student A thinks he identifies as independent, but actually falls more on the liberal scale, and vice versa.

Then this quote in the conclusion:

We speculate that the association of gray matter volume of the amygdala and anterior cingulate cortex with political attitudes that we observed may reflect emotional and cognitive traits of individuals that influence their inclination to certain political orientations. For example, our findings are consistent with the proposal that political orientation is associated with psychological processes for managing fear and uncertainty [1, 10]. The amygdala has many functions, including fear processing [11]. Individuals with a large amygdala are more sensitive to fear [12], which, taken together with our findings, might suggest the testable hypothesis that individuals with larger amygdala are more inclined to integrate conservative views into their belief system.

How does this theory hold up on people who change political ideologies?

For example, the once young hippy in college turns into the old grumpy conservative. How would that be explained?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: CharlesT

So you really had no point then, other than deflecting a serious discussion on a serious issue.

Looks like you are done white knighting here, so can you get back to me on my serious question i asked you a few pages back about the serious meddling issue?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think it is worth mentioning that none of this would be happening if it were not for a falsely acquired fisa warrant. There is nothing to debate about that any more. The IG report says it quite clearly. If the warrant was unjustified then nothing found as a result of it should be allowable as evidence of any kind. And even what is presented as evidence is false, just as it was when they were trying to get the fisa warrant in the first place.

Then consider that some dems are already saying that if Trump wins in 2020 they will impeach him again. For what crime? The one he didn't commit? You have to have a reason to impeach someone. Losing an election is not sufficient reason for impeachment. Well, it didn't used to be sufficient. I guess it is now, at least for democrats...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
I guess you got me, sheriff.

edit on 12-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Did you read the transcript?

It has been obvious from the beginning. The second the dems in the house realised their Ukrainian money laundry was in trumps crosshairs and their Seth rich murder coverup could be exposed by crowdstrike they had to impeach.

Why do I say this?

Because until that moment piglosie was against impeachment without bipartisan support. Member berries? Oops the second their wh spy went to shift and said the jig was up they had to act quickly to obfuscate the facts.

This is all after they were forced to abandon their previous ploys to coverup their past crimes in the form of first crossfire hurricane, then fisa abuse, and even the meuller report.

Too bad they never expected trump to release the transcript. They lost control of the peach mints narrative the second vindman said the transcript was complete and accurate and kent admitted burisma was so corrupt the state department backed out of a joint event with them over serious corruption concerns.

Forget bipartisan support they had two democrat defectores in the vote to legitimize their star chamber basement hearings. Even after all the selective leaks to the media, the bipartisan consensus was "not" to proceed with the enquiry. After weeks of public testimony they have not even budged the needle of public sentiment.

They have no high crimes nor misdemeanors. They have only vague claims and sencond hand rumors speculating on trumps motivations regarding his constitutional use of his executive authority. They call it abuse of power which has no legal definition satute or even mention in the constitution regarding impeachment. They refuse to allow the judicial branch to offer judgement on the bounds of executive privilege as claimed by Trump regarding their farse of an enquiry and call this obstruction of congress. These are not articles of impeachment this is bad conversation arround the watter cooler and a lazey attempt to skirt executive privilege.

Trump won't get off scott free because this was never about Trump. I will explaine this further, but first I have an equally important question for you.

Do you honestly think America will let the bicoastal elites get off scott free after the past 3 years and counting of the worst political scandal in American history as they have refused to accept the results of a fair election?

From the very night that the news of Trump's victory broke all the dems and their msm puppetts have done is accuse Trump and his supporters of that which they have and are doing.

Even before that moment Hillary made it clear to all. If you think a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl, if you want foriegners to imigrate to this country legaly only when able to support themselves or under sponsorship, if you are against forever wars, and you have any doubts about human impact on climate change you are deplorable.

From not accepting the election results all the way up to this latest fiasco. Do you think we have forgotten who this is really about? It is about us the deploarables in fly over country who still believe in god, guns, and the constitution.

The fact that we dare to think for ourselves and vote against the obvious evil we saw in hillary means we are subhuman to the bicoastal elites and their minions in the media.

From fake polls to punch a nazi, from pussy hats to antifa bicycle locks, from russian bots to social media censorhip the left has done everything they can to make it clear that we dont even deserve to live in peace let alone have our voices heard in the public forum heaven forbid have our desired policies implemented by representitives of our choosing.

Lets say you get what you want and somehow Trump is impeached? Are you so naive to think the constitutional crises is over? Case closed problem solved and the grownups are back in control? Do you think America is going to ever be the same again?

According to Q and 10% of america following him we have allready crossed the rubicon and there is no going back short of massive millitary tribunals and public trials of sitting members of congress and former administration officials. Regardless of the outcome tribunals, election, impeachment, America is allready in the side picking stages and the battle lines have been drawn.

Most Trump voters simply voted against Hillary and showed no true animus for or against Trump personally, but after the past 3 years of constant dem and msm attacks against we the people it has become obvious to all with eyes to see that America is in the early stages of civil war. Not between the north and south, but between the bicoastal elites and the fly over deplorables.

Trump didn't put us here he was simply a temporary alternative to an unacceptable outcome. The lefts scorched earth policies over the past 3 years aimed at dehumanizing and nullifying the votes of 63 million americans and 90 percent of this nations counties have gotten us to this point. Keep that in mind. Regardless of the outcome elections have consequences. Member berries?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... well if this thread and its content are even remotely serious by huckabee in his tweets i guess he runs for a 3rd term? like im 70-90% sure guy was trolling but lol who knows any more these days

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

Well, I wouldn't discount the study, but I'm sure there is more to be looked at in addition. I've also run into a lot of similar studies. I want to personally look into this area more, but really just got started recently.

The phenomenon with hippies becoming older conservatives might be related, or might be something else, in addition. That's why it is a good idea to do more research on areas like this to gain scientific knowledge that can help gain insight into society.

The other option is to make things up based on how you feel, but - I mean, even people who are so certain in their feelings that they think they are talking to God, like the prophets/writers in the Bible, get their facts wrong sometimes.

That's why they divined that the Earth was flat, or that evolution didn't exist, or that the Earth was the center of the solar system. It's based on their feelings, which are based on available information at the time. SO get better info, have more accurate feelings. Imo. Or, if you want to, I suppose you could purposefully believe in false ideas because it's more convenient. But that's also temporary, in the long run.

But - at the same time - you have to have an idea first to test it, right?

Also - nothing wrong with criticizing the study. It just makes me work harder at debugging my views. And nothing wrong with wanting the study to be reproduced or done again with better numbers or methods.
edit on 12pmThu, 12 Dec 2019 20:28:55 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The only thing standing in his way would be the 22nd amendment. There is nothing that would be more fair than to give him back the time he has lost bouncing from hoax to hoax designed to obfuscate the crimes of the prior administration and current congress critters. I'm constantly amazed by what he has accomplished in the face of the constant obstruction of his presidency while shining a light on these greedy parasites in public office. There is no exemption to the 22nd that i know of, but a 2/3s vote in the house and senate to repeal the 22nd via new amendment could get it done if ratified by 75% of states. The coastal liberal strongholds would make that nearly impossible.

edit on 12-12-2019 by Stevenmonet because: Correction on requirements to pass a new amendment to the constitution.

edit on 12-12-2019 by Stevenmonet because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

I was talking about the 2016 presidential elections.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I think it is worth mentioning that none of this would be happening if it were not for a falsely acquired fisa warrant. There is nothing to debate about that any more. The IG report says it quite clearly. If the warrant was unjustified then nothing found as a result of it should be allowable as evidence of any kind. And even what is presented as evidence is false, just as it was when they were trying to get the fisa warrant in the first place.

Then consider that some dems are already saying that if Trump wins in 2020 they will impeach him again. For what crime? The one he didn't commit? You have to have a reason to impeach someone. Losing an election is not sufficient reason for impeachment. Well, it didn't used to be sufficient. I guess it is now, at least for democrats...

Well this exact series of events wouldn’t have happened, but something similar would have.

If you can’t tell by now they are out to get trump anyway possible, and they aren’t going to stop till their power is taken away.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

Really liked your essay StevenMonet. One has to agree that the moment the corrupt politicians saw that the Ukraine money train was going to be exposed by Trump, they panicked. They knew the Trump admin absolutely had to be stopped from investigating the money laundering machine they had built in Ukraine before they were exposed. Already a corrupt county, the Obama admin further corrupted the country and gained control thru the billions of dollars of aid pumped in. Once the money began to flow, American advisors and ambassadors took control over the Ukraine government and the kick backs and money laundering began with no way to trace such activity in a totally corrupt and controlled country.

In their panic, the best strategy they could construct was accusing Trump of a crime they had already committed; the creation of false and fraudulent dossier to damage their political rival. The main problem with this strategy is that most of the american people had seen the Biden quid pro quo video, knew of Hunter's lucrative board position and strongly suspected Biden was engaging in corrupt activities in Ukraine. So when Trump asked the Ukrainian president to look into Biden's corruption, the people knew Trump wasn't asking him to make up some false "dirt" on the Bidens; but instead, only to investigate what appears to be obvious corruption perpetrated by our Vice President to enrich himself and his family. (I wonder if Trump reads these conspiracy websites and saw the Biden video and that's what made him ask about Biden). Just because Biden claims to be running for (a single term) presidency doesn't give him immunity from investigation into seemingly obvious corrupt acts performed in Ukraine while he was VP. Further, who better to investigate crimes occurring in Ukraine than the Ukrainians.

So I understand why the corrupt politicians want to be rid of Trump but I don't understand the hate for the man by the rest of the liberals. i admit my vote for Trump was an anti Hillary vote but Trump has delivered or endeavoured to deliver on his campaign promises. Trump's no angel but how can one overlook the obvious corruption of the joint pay to play State Department and Clinton Foundation, the Uranium One bribes that occurred, Benghazi weapons dealings to jihadists in Libya and Syria. Basically, everything Clinton touched as Sec of State has turned out disastrous. Currently, the corruption exposed in Obama's FBI appears to be only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to peeling back the layers of corruption that was pervasive throughout 8 years of Obama's governance.

I hope America is not too far gone to save itself. The entrenched bureaucracy may be to pervasive to overcome, especially if there is no independent media to investigate, expose wrongdoing and act as a watchdog. The first and most important step is to deconsolidate the media and allow them to become independent as they were back in the pre Vietnam War era. Next would be to impose term limitations on politicians; elections should be funded only through public funding and shared television time. Further, lobbying activities should be curtailed to a bare minimum.

I hope the Obama corruption will be completely exposed and that there will be perp walks shown on television. Televising perp walks and legitimate trials is bound to help CNN's ratings....
edit on 13-12-2019 by Southcoast57 because: changed their to there

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Lets look at this statement... If what you suggest then every President has done that and Hillary and 1/2 the DNC should also be in jail.

First who is Biden? He is one of 15 or so candidates, so what does that mean? He is not their Democratic nominee and that makes a big difference in much of this that no one seems to bring up. What if we swapped Biden for Marianne Williamson another of the 15 candidates would that make a difference? How about Joe Smoe someone not in the top 15 but is also running?

Why Biden? To be honest there is two reasons... One is BECAUSE HIS SON BECAME A MILLIONAIRE from a company in Ukraine while Biden was VP and headed the Ukraine support/talks. Kind of a freaking big deal, would anyone disagree?

The second reason is because Trump would love to screw over everyone that tried to screw him over. Think of it as a New York style of revenge. Trump wants securities from Ukraine that they will fight corruption and in his own mind whether true or not he sees Biden, Hillary's email, 2016 elections as areas that Ukraine might have done corruption in and he wants answers along with other areas, BUT we all know these three are close to him.

Is that breaking the law that he wanted investigations into areas that are somewhat personal to him as he sees these areas as possible corruption? He didn't ask for faked information, or even made up information, he asked for an investigation and in his own words said "IF they are true that would be horrible". He didn't ask for faked information that Biden hired hookers to pee on him like the faked dossier did to Trump, just to investigate, so when did an investigation become an illegal action?

Trump speaks whatever comes into his head at the moment, and that is a big failing on his part, and that is what he did in the call while later he said he really wants nothing when put to the test as to what does he really want done. He wanted assurances to paying 400 million... We ALWAYS want assurances, EVERY TIME... The funny part is that if Biden's son wasn't making millions from a company with ties to the Kremlin and organized crime then there really wouldn't be much to investigate now would there be, and Trump would not be asking to do it....Hmmm think on that for a moment.

So much is put on Trump's words "I want a favor", but when he said "I want nothing" over and over when asked directly as to the actions he wants done those words do not matter.

edit on 13-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Hmmmm....I wonder who takes more Prozac for anxiety, a liberal or a conservative? I'm going with......"what is a liberal" for $100 please and for who has better coping skills, a liberal or a conservative? I'll go with "who is not a liberal" for the win.

Perhaps. Who takes more meth though? Ouchhhhhhh. Perhaps that "win" was a tad preconceived.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody no and its seems like your not tired of losing, i don't know how you do it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky
Please show us what law he broke ? Because none of the witnesses could. Democrats havn't shown it . All they are doing is making up laws he broke "inferred" This is nothing more than a coup attempt . Democrats have weaponized the fbi and c.i.a . Every american should be behind trump right now in these dark times. He isn't getting away with anything , he is protecting future presidents from this scam.

Obviously, you are completely jaded in your assessment. Anyone with a reasonable thinking skills can clearly see Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Here are two articles summarizing what laws he broke.

THE ACTUAL LAWS TRUMP HAS BROKEN, JUST WITH THE UKRAINE AND CHINA AFFAIRS, COULD LAND HIM 10 YEARS IN PRISON

OJ & FEC Complaints Filed Against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Others for Illegal Solicitation of Contribution from Ukrainian President

You can choose to ignore it. But Regardless, the result is our Constitution has become complete worthless. Trump should just announce the Constitution is no longer the law and start arresting Democrats for not having loyalty to his office.

People hate Congress. Maybe's it's time we have dictatorship so we can appreciate what it means to have a democracy again.
damn only 11 stars after 14 hours its almost like everyone doesnt agree with your BS i mean you can count right? just making sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13

It means the Dem's failed in a traitorous coup and the President and the USA voters are vindicated.

I hope is (also) means there's a bag full of cats that will tossed into the sedition pool.

We'll see.

more winning
are you tired of winning yet?

We now live in an era where putting one's party before the Constitution is the new norm. Again, we now live in a banana Republic. Trump should announce his own Constitution based on a full bloom of Article II powers. Why stop now?

you live in a Idiocracy while we're trying to wade through the swamp. cant keep running forever where coming for your free money you IV junky.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13

It means the Dem's failed in a traitorous coup and the President and the USA voters are vindicated.

I hope is (also) means there's a bag full of cats that will tossed into the sedition pool.

We'll see.

more winning
are you tired of winning yet?

We now live in an era where putting one's party before the Constitution is the new norm. Again, we now live in a banana Republic. Trump should announce his own Constitution based on a full bloom of Article II powers. Why stop now?

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.
foreal the bloke is just talking about himeslf
edit on 13-12-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

(post by MConnalley removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015 That had to be the most ignorant post I have ever seen,consider souse on that one lol,geeze the mind of a 12 yr old millenium

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join