It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean if Trump gets off Scott free

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

What bias would that be? I want investigation into the election meddling. Trump surrounds himself with some shady people.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I'd look at Russia, maybe Carter Page is one of their assets.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"It really does look like..." "...To me..."

Honestly? Who cares what you think? The problem with the internet, in general, is that it has convinced a lot of people their opinions are valuable, informed and important to share. It is a delusion.

If Trump gets off "Scott free" as you say it will be because the constitution you feign concern for lays out an actual process for determining the outcome of impeachment proceedings without any real input from "people on the internet" and their "opinions."

Your feelings as to whether this signals the death of constitutional law are your own, obviously, but don't really add up to anything more than hot air and thank god for that. I don't want to live in a world where impeachment is decided by "popular vote."

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What it means is that as little news as I watch these days, I'll be watching even less.

And I might have to stop coming to this website.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump and Putin have one big nasty habit in common. They both love religious dominionism. If religion is the opiate of the masses, then Trump and Putin are the pushers. There's the motive, so any hint of probable cause should be investigated.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don’t give a damn how someone gets an investigation into crooked politicians. What the hell is wrong with asking someone to investigate someone that is believed to have broken actual laws. Laws like extortion, bribery, money laundering etc.

Obama didn’t want that clown to run because he is a cluster bomb on a fertilizer truck. He knew what had happened and wanted him to go away.

Ukraine was a money laundering network designed to take aid and funnel a large portion of it back to corrupt American politicians and their backer or handlers. Both republicans and democrats.

Does he want them investigated? You’re damn right. If you can’t investigate a political opponent where is that law? Why was it ok to do it to trump? It was actually done and undisputed. It’s being done now.

I can hear it now, Tump is arresting opponents like hitler, never mind they will be guilty.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
By the way, Wooo Pig Sooie.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

What bias would that be? I want investigation into the election meddling. Trump surrounds himself with some shady people.

Like Debbie Wassermann Schultz, Bill and Hillary, George Soros and the three stooges, Comey, Brennan,and James Clapper for starters? ...................................................................................and on and on?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Sure them too, but right now Trump and his dominionist friends are the immediate threat.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I appreciate that you put this in the Mudpit for the heat the responses will have. To that end I will give you a straightforward answer.

What it means is despite attempts to circumvent the checks and balances for a strictly political agenda being played, the system still works enough to prevent it from happening. Should the majority had been reversed, that the Democrats could had railroaded impeachment through the Senate with the same rubber stamp, there was still Chief Justice Roberts and if need be, the rest of the Supreme Court.

Make zero mistake, there is more than enough people in the US to see this for exactly what it is. They also understand from the first three words of the Preamble that the fourth branch of government is We the People and that holds the ultimate check and balance. To spell it out the check is the power to petition and be heard. The balance is to remove by force of arms any government that has become self serving over We the People. Because all power is derived and can be revoked by the people.

You would be scared silly if you knew how few people it would take and how quickly it could be done to take over and shut down the Federal Government. As in negotiations would be with either the President, the Pentagon or both.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

What election meddling?

The meddling the Ukraine did as shown here?

www.nytimes.com...

I will even quote the first paragraph for you; "A court in Ukraine has ruled that officials in the country violated the law by revealing, during the 2016 presidential election in the United States, details of suspected illegal payments to Paul Manafort."

edit on 12-12-2019 by BrennanHuff22 because: typo

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
4 more years of pissing and whining!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well according to a newsmax poll, which is right leaning so take it as you will.

Survey Results

Do you think President Donald Trump should be impeached?

No, he shouldn't 93,689(75%)

Yes, he should 30,472(24%)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Well according to a newsmax poll, which is right leaning so take it as you will.

Survey Results

Do you think President Donald Trump should be impeached?

No, he shouldn't 93,689(75%)

Yes, he should 30,472(24%)

I often wonder where the "democratic ideal" of the majority rules (think, popular vote dogma) is in this situation. As you have shown, more people are against impeachment than for impeachment. So, if the left thinks the majority should make the decision, then the stats you posted should be enough to stop this farce.

Right?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
No they aren't. How are you doing at work these days? Everything OK there? Are you staying warm this winter? How about dessert? Are you getting plenty to eat?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Trump will not get off scott free. That is what happens to someone who is guilty and has good lawyers. He will be vindicated. Shown that there never was anything he did wrong.

I have said it many times. If he did something wrong, for real, hang him out to dry. But in this case I really have to look at the comparison of what he and his administration are doing.

Are there any bank bailouts? Auto bailouts? Solyndra? Invading sovereign countries on faulty intel? getting BJ's in the Oval Office? Selling out to special interests? Fast and Furious? Multiple AG's? Benghazi? Whitewater? Al Qeada? ISIS? Syria? Palestine? I spanned the past 3 presidents on the surface...these are the ones people know about.

Nope. ISIS is knocked on it's ass. Syrias good. He talked with the leader of NK IN NK. USMCA. No TPP. Climate. NATO. Jobs. Dow. GDP. Those who hate him are pissed because he actually is doing what he promised. Politics is about promises not results in you want to make money and get re-elected.

The worst part is once Trump is vindicated and he goes after the others it will be looked at as revenge and not justice. The world is not looking at Trump...they are looking at our own Congress and we look weak and crazy. It has never been this bad and if you say it has you are lying and in denial.

PS - During the Presidential Debates every time 'impeachment' is used you have to do a shot. I give you 17 minutes before you pass out. THAT is a major reason for this.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
Even I see that as no more accurate or reliable than an Infowars poll.

edit on 12-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I was upfront about their bias. Polls pulled from CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc and the people that use them are rarely upfront about bias.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
I know what you are saying. There is no unbiased polling out there. It's all funny to me in a sad way.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is basically the case. The facts show Trump is guilty as charged by the House. However, there is strong Republican propaganda out there that allows Republicans to do whatever they want without being held accountable to facts or people they harm. So, in the end, what they believe is more important than what is real. It is like faith. The propaganda can also program Republicans to think in certain ways because it is extremely hard to deconstruct it.

So - obviously, Trump will not be convicted in the Senate. This will really be a grand Trump victory because it is kind of like the final battle for him. He can do whatever he wants afterward and not be held accountable because what will anyone do, impeach him again? Um... no. Is he held accountable to law enforcement? Mueller already said no.

So I think the idea after that is to force conservative values on the nation through strong-arm tactics and power-plays that could "unite" us into one national entity. How far will this go? Will women still have a voice?

It might be nice in some ways, as people may be getting frustrated by fractured culture and also no easily discernible social structure. Conservatives have enlarged amygdalas, which make them susceptible to fear and I don't think they feel comfortable unless everyone is tightly under control. Even while being gay or trans hurts no one, conservatives *feel* like it does, because it scares them. They also seem to like falling in line to group think rather than having the freedom to decide their own values with skills such as critical thinking, the scientific method, or empathy.

Sure, conservatives have empathy - for people who think the same. They don't have empathy for someone just because they are a human being, they don't have the ability to understand different perspectives.

So... since this administration has decided to build its structure on lies, there is also the problem of people pointing out factual or scientific information that contradicts their story. They could continue calling legitimate factual reporting "fake news" or start arresting reporters and stuff.

Since conservatives lack empathy for people who think differently, it might also be easy to dehumanize them and commit atrocities, such as expanding their current "concentration camps" to more groups of people or even waging wars of sorts on liberals simply for their views (in direct violation of the 1st Amendment, by the way).

Yes, it was annoying when liberals tried censoring conservatives, for one thing, it sent them underground to their own bubble where they didn't exchange cultural information with liberals to help troubleshoot their views, which also resulted in liberals doing the same thing. It also gives conservatives some agency to censor liberals in the future.

At any rate - my view is the future holds a strong, nationalist evangelical movement of types that will eventually crumble because it is built on lies, and lies take a lot of upkeep to fight against. But - the advantage of the movement is that it is built on strong national identity of sorts, which can be easier to manage than outright chaotic individualism.

Well, one other disadvantage is that the conservatives are gonna be trying to force their views on a majority of the population, with many of those people not benefiting from the nationalism - such as around 47% of people who work but can't do much to support themselves, or possibly women, who tend to have empathy or insights about ways to change structure that are shut down by men. So it ends up looking like bitter white men trying to keep their power so they can ignore legitimate criticism from outsiders who are affected in a negative manner by their actions.

Now, conservatives could turn the tide on this - by being more inclusive and offering benefits from their new nationalist social structure to outsiders in a show of good faith. One feasible example is by improving the economy in a meaningful way (increasing the wealth of the top percenters WILL NOT change the views of the lower and fledgling middle-class. So economic growth, in general, IS NOT the best metric to look at. Look at wage growth for other areas besides the top).

Well, I would also recommend conservatives start looking at real data and facts rather than their feelings, that might allow them to adjust their strategy to realign with reality (is it really impossible for conservatism to be based on facts and science? Come on... you all have such little faith in yourselves).

IF they were smart, they would take out the trash in their own ranks, especially the Russian sympathizers, and cut ties with listening to Russian propaganda. Currently, the way I see it, they can either risk allying with Russia and work on that alliance openly and see if it is actually beneficial or they might get screwed and betrayed by Russia, or even fall into a situation where they rely on Russia and therefore become susceptible to Russian control.

They could also pretend they aren't allied with Russia atm, even though Republican lawmakers and Trump have been directly influenced by Russian propaganda that they believe because it is convenient to them to (for now). And conservatives don't seem to mind the fact that Russia interfered in the 2016 elections and aims to again in 2020 - they say they are ignorant about it, but really, I think they are comfortable with it because it benefits them (for now).

edit on 12pmThu, 12 Dec 2019 18:29:16 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12pmThu, 12 Dec 2019 18:31:35 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12pmThu, 12 Dec 2019 18:31:59 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join