It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean if Trump gets off Scott free

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

From a political standpoint, you also have to act knowing how people will perceive your decisions...

Considering Congress has an approval rating around 21%, I'd say Trump shouldn't really care about what the other politicians think of his actions. He was going after corruption in a country known for corruption. The only people who could perceive that as wrong are the Anti-Trumpers.
edit on 12-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sociopaths have no shame.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: CriticalStinker

From a political standpoint, you also have to act knowing how people will perceive your decisions...

Considering Congress has an approval rating around 21%, I'd say Trump shouldn't really care about what the other politicians think of his actions. He was going after corruption in a country known for corruption. The only people who could perceive that as wrong are the Anti-Trumpers.

Or the ones that might have their lives and careers jeopardized by having their own involvement in that corruption exposed for all to see. Especially if someone was looking to run for the presidency of the United States. Seems to me, exposing that before the election is a positive thing for the voters to know before they vote.

But then, I am merely one of the deplorables.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Common sense is a no-no these days.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Never trumpers and democrats please read the quoted Legal memo below, Read it a few times and look in the mirror and ask yourself to forgive yourself.
It's ok, you were lied to by the most powerful propagandist team in history, the democrats and the MSM.

Acknowledge you were lied to forgive yourself and get on board, let's hold our lying, spying, cheating government accountable, and rest assured after 2024 Trump will no longer be president.

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: dfnj2015

I understand there is a lot of partisan siding on the Trump impeachment. The thing is from my perspective, from the witnesses, it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Take the partisan blinders off.

The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) released a new legal memo on Wednesday indicating that the Trump administration’s decision to temporarily hold military assistance to Ukraine was a “routine” practice and that the administration was reviewing whether Ukraine complied with U.S. policy.

Gasp!

Expected Wide Scale defections

Trump. Hold my beer.

edit on 12-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For starters, it's "scot free".

Second, Trump hasn't done one illegal thing, and he has followed the constitution. Democrats could absolutely, and should, step down from their positions because they do not follow the parts of the constitution that they don't like and even though they swore to protect it when they took their oath of honor, they lied and aren't trying to protect it.

So, if Trump gets of scot free, it'll mean nothing other than the fact that as we knew all along, he hasn't broken any rules. Democrats have set a very bad and very dangerous precedent here. Like we did in the 60's, it's time to shut them down until they can act like adults.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The one thing that needs to end is whenever the democrats paste
together a jalopy bandwagon. They can count you haters jumping aboard
and supporting their candied yam asses and lollipop lies.
edit on 12-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Are YOU gonna flag one of this OPs shill threads?
Me neither!

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Interesting thread title.... I think you should have worded it like this "What does it mean if the deep states coup works and Trump is removed?"

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
well the speaker of the house and the head of the house judiciary committee both keep telling us our elections wont facilitate that.....

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The thing is from my perspective, from the witnesses, it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

I'd like to know where you're getting your news from, because witnesses have said no such thing took place, even outright saying that Trump unequivocally wanted NO quid pro quo.
You're being lied to, it's that simple.

Look, even before Trump was elected, the MSM and Democrats have been constantly outright lying and making things up. This "impeachment evidence" is no different than the "polls show Hillary has 99% chance of winning". It's all BS; we've been telling you all along since before Trump was even elected. We continue to be right, and we will be right once again when Trump isn't impeached since there is no evidence of him doing anything wrong. But you consistently refuse to admit you're being lied to and will likely continue to do so even when you realize the Democrats couldn't impeach Trump.
edit on 12/12/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Obviously, they are getting their news from CNN, the most credible media outlet we know of today! They have never been wrong, they have the most unbiased journalists and they have the highest viewership due to all their credible broadcasts! CNN is the leader in journalism, and we should all be thankful for them in today's crazy times!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I didn't see anything but lies for proof. And a bunch of butthurt democrats. Trump a Dictator lol? Are you serious?

You need to stop listening to pelosi and Schiff. Those are the ones wishing to be dictators

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13

It means the Dem's failed in a traitorous coup and the President and the USA voters are vindicated.

I hope is (also) means there's a bag full of cats that will tossed into the sedition pool.

We'll see.

more winning
are you tired of winning yet?

We now live in an era where putting one's party before the Constitution is the new norm. Again, we now live in a banana Republic. Trump should announce his own Constitution based on a full bloom of Article II powers. Why stop now?

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It was not about Biden running for President, it was about Biden being Vice President.
Trump did not do anything wrong, Biden did.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This thread is a waste of time. Trump would actually have to be charged with a crime and tried (which isn't gonna happen) before he could get off scot free. Since charges have not been filed this is a no-starter. Lame

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

An old friend of ours surprised us and vote Trump in 16. After a while she began posting pro Trump stuff on her time line.
The other day she posted that anti-Trump Dems should be locked up.

And there you have it. That lurking concern behind the Trump madness, this sense that behind his rampaging rhetoric people would be moved to more and more egregious considerations as to acceptable actions.

A good woman, a fun woman, a level headed woman who, four years ago, hardly even talked about politics now believes that half the nation should be locked up because they oppose the current potus and will not toe the line he has drawn. A line that he keeps erasing, one after another as he draws a new line further down the path to his own brand of authoritarianism.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I understand there is a lot of partisan siding on the Trump impeachment. The thing is from my perspective, from the witnesses, it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Even though there is a constant barrage of propaganda saying it's all made up, Trump is innocent, the Democrats are just playing politics, it seems to me there really is something bad going on here.

Even so, Republicans in the Senate already have said regardless of the evidence and what the House does they will acquit Trump no matter what. So all you Republicans can be HAPPY again and be smug about how much better you are than the Democrats.

But for me, I just feel if Trump gets off Scott free from breaking the law and his oath of office the Constitution is done. We now live in an Article II dictatorship. We might as well flush the Constitution down the drain and start arresting Democrats for not having loyalty to the President. I think Trump getting off Scott free may be the end of our US Constitution and the end of our government.

Because what comes next is complete and total lawlessness by the President without any checks-and-balances. The US is or will be officially be a banana Republic.

Garbage in, garbage out.

If you base the thread on fallacies, then the discussion cant be factual.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

"IF"?

"WHEN" is more accurate.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's amazing the lengths democrats will go to find some kind of wording that they can breakdown into something that might kinda sorta almost fit something negative that Trump has done. You people would go to the ends of the Earth and back again if it meant finding something as petty as a seatbelt ticket. Y'all have used a mountain of energy and tax dollars to end Trump and you've come up empty handed. The economy is outrageously booming, stock market broke ANOTHER record when it opened this morning, jobs are sky high, unemployment is decades low while minority unemployment IS at a record low, criminal justice reform (something your peeps begged for and never got from obama), and on and on and on...

Why are you still so salty at Trump?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join