It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean if Trump gets off Scott free

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I understand there is a lot of partisan siding on the Trump impeachment. The thing is from my perspective, from the witnesses, it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Even though there is a constant barrage of propaganda saying it's all made up, Trump is innocent, the Democrats are just playing politics, it seems to me there really is something bad going on here.

Even so, Republicans in the Senate already have said regardless of the evidence and what the House does they will acquit Trump no matter what. So all you Republicans can be HAPPY again and be smug about how much better you are than the Democrats.

But for me, I just feel if Trump gets off Scott free from breaking the law and his oath of office the Constitution is done. We now live in an Article II dictatorship. We might as well flush the Constitution down the drain and start arresting Democrats for not having loyalty to the President. I think Trump getting off Scott free may be the end of our US Constitution and the end of our government.

Because what comes next is complete and total lawlessness by the President without any checks-and-balances. The US is or will be officially be a banana Republic.

edit on 12-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+99 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Trump didn't break the law. Not a single witness said he broke the law.

+33 more 
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I understand there is a lot of partisan siding on the Trump impeachment. The thing is from my perspective, from the witnesses, it really does look like Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Even though there is a constant barrage of propaganda saying it's all made up, Trump is innocent, the Democrats are just playing politics, it seems to me there really is something bad going on here.

Even so, Republicans in the Senate already have said regardless of the evidence and what the House does they will acquit Trump no matter what. So all you Republicans and be HAPPY again and be smug about how much better you are than the Democrats.

But for me, I just feel if Trump gets off Scott free from breaking the law and his oath of office the Constitution is done. We now live in an Article II dictatorship. We might as well flush the Constitution down the drain and start arresting Democrats for not having loyalty to the President. I think Trump getting off Scott free may be the end of our US Constitution and the end of our government.

Because what comes next is complete and total lawlessness by the President without any checks-and-balances. The US is will officially be a banana Republic.

wise of you to get out in front of this(finally)
who explained the end game to you?
the math was never there
the house dems attempting to invent the crime of obstruction of congress is a hoot
as is their subjective abuse of power bs

you do understand they have stated they do not trust your vote......right?

+52 more 
link   
But the thing is, he DID NOT break any laws. Period. What he did was completely normal and happens all the time. The White House OMB just released a statement yesterday or today confirming that what happened with Ukraine is completely ordinary, and aid is delayed all the time for the same reasons.

+45 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It means the Dem's failed in a traitorous coup and the President and the USA voters are vindicated.

I hope is (also) means there's a bag full of cats that will tossed into the sedition pool.

We'll see.

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Please show us what law he broke ? Because none of the witnesses could. Democrats havn't shown it . All they are doing is making up laws he broke "inferred" This is nothing more than a coup attempt . Democrats have weaponized the fbi and c.i.a . Every american should be behind trump right now in these dark times. He isn't getting away with anything , he is protecting future presidents from this scam.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

It means the Dem's failed in a traitorous coup and the President and the USA voters are vindicated.

I hope is (also) means there's a bag full of cats that will tossed into the sedition pool.

We'll see.

more winning
are you tired of winning yet?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Even if Trump broke the law, he only did so in a political sense.

The last two presidents have broke more egregious laws IMO. Between illegal wars, surveillance of US citizens, and even assassinations of US citizens without due process, asking for an investigation into a political opponent just went against the gentlemen code both parties operate under (even though there was foreign information that was paid for that started the whole situation we're in).

It's cynically funny that Trump has done far less than his two predecessors while the narrative is he's somehow the worst we've had in history.

If Trump goes down, all I ask is that we start holding all politicians accountable going forward... Take a guess on my faith level that happens.
edit on 12-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It means sanity has been restored to the nation----especially if the real crooks have to face justice.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's your answer.
If Trump gets off 'scott free' then the justice system and the constitution has worked correctly.
Given he's done absolutely nothing wrong that we know of, I'd say you should be happy that your system is working.
Alternatively ,you could imagine he's done something wrong and whine about your imagination not leading to some kind of punishment.
Up to you really.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The thing with the whole "asking for an investigation into Biden" thing is that Trump never ONCE mentioned Joe or Hunter Biden when speaking about investigations. He talked about Burisma specifically. Considering Burisma IS corrupt as hell, I would say it was a valid line of questioning.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky
Please show us what law he broke ? Because none of the witnesses could. Democrats havn't shown it . All they are doing is making up laws he broke "inferred" This is nothing more than a coup attempt . Democrats have weaponized the fbi and c.i.a . Every american should be behind trump right now in these dark times. He isn't getting away with anything , he is protecting future presidents from this scam.

Obviously, you are completely jaded in your assessment. Anyone with a reasonable thinking skills can clearly see Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

Here are two articles summarizing what laws he broke.

THE ACTUAL LAWS TRUMP HAS BROKEN, JUST WITH THE UKRAINE AND CHINA AFFAIRS, COULD LAND HIM 10 YEARS IN PRISON

OJ & FEC Complaints Filed Against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Others for Illegal Solicitation of Contribution from Ukrainian President

You can choose to ignore it. But Regardless, the result is our Constitution has become complete worthless. Trump should just announce the Constitution is no longer the law and start arresting Democrats for not having loyalty to his office.

People hate Congress. Maybe's it's time we have dictatorship so we can appreciate what it means to have a democracy again.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe thats the whole point of this seemingly pointless exercise? Trump becomes a political martyr that is needed to usher in much needed transparency and reform in our government?

+4 more 
link   

LOL

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Anyone with a reasonable thinking skills can clearly see Trump broke the law and his oath of office.

then you can clearly list the law he broke, right?
or is the house simply unreasonable?

+11 more 
link   

I'm still waiting on you to site the laws he broke and provide the proof he broke them.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
It means sanity has been restored to the nation----especially if the real crooks have to face justice.

I totally agree the real crooks have to face justice, if impeachment goes to trial.

Then the fact that the DNC paid for the fake dossier that started and propelled the whole Muller investigation. Hillary's role in it will be exposed. Because that will be part of the "abuse of power"

Then the fact that Joe, who bragged about withholding foreign aid, and forced Ukraine to fire the prosecutor going after his son will be exposed. Because that will be part of the reason for asking Ukraine to investigate corruption which the Democrats say is an abuse of power.

Then the fact that Hillary also abused power in Ukraine will have to be exposed as part of the reason Trump asked about the corruption in Ukraine. As a matter of fact all US abuses of power under Obama in Ukraine will be exposed.

Yep we need to clean house alright, I agree.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I think Trump getting off Scott free may be the end of our US Constitution and the end of our government.

It's the end of the world! lol

I'll be happy if it's the end of your bombastic exaggerations.
edit on 12-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13

We'll see.

more winning
are you tired of winning yet?

We now live in an era where putting one's party before the Constitution is the new norm. Again, we now live in a banana Republic. Trump should announce his own Constitution based on a full bloom of Article II powers. Why stop now?

+7 more 
link   
Submitted for your approval:

www.dailywire.com...

The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) released a new legal memo on Wednesday indicating that the Trump administration’s decision to temporarily hold military assistance to Ukraine was a “routine” practice and that the administration was reviewing whether Ukraine complied with U.S. policy.

The memo indicated that the decision to withhold the aid was not a political action to block Congress’ spending decisions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join